Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-14-2014, 12:24 PM   #1
bello
Veteran

Daily Racing Form Customer No Service

You would think they are a monopoly or something.

I put in my order for the monthly plan and coupon code I use every month. Coupon Code did not work and discount was not applied so I call up. I get this obviously stoned person on the other end who answers the phone with a whazzup while laughing and carrying on with someone else likely sitting next to them. He kept asking me to repeat the same answers regarding my account and what the problem was over and over again. I finally asked for a supervisor and one never came to the phone.. I just called back and at least got somebody sober on the line who told me the wait time for handling issues like this was 48 hours.

BTW, no response to my emails to customer service.

I'm thinking it is time to move on. I tried Brisnet and was not satisfied.

Give me some alternatives please.
bello is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2014, 12:31 PM   #2
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Without hesitation, Timeformus.......
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #3
bello
Veteran

I just downloaded the free Timeform Belmont PP for today and I am plodding through how to use it.

I travel a lot and I am used to reading through the printed PPs while on the plane....I am trying to figure out if there is a PDF version of the Timeform ppsfor each race that I can print that will also be usable without being on line.
Old 09-14-2014, 12:55 PM   #4
TheEdge07
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bello
I just downloaded the free Timeform Belmont PP for today and I am plodding through how to use it.

I travel a lot and I am used to reading through the printed PPs while on the plane....I am trying to figure out if there is a PDF version of the Timeform ppsfor each race that I can print that will also be usable without being on line.
Upper right hand corner download pd file..
TheEdge07 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2014, 01:09 PM   #5
bello
Veteran

Thanks....going to the sports bar to watch some football. I may need a few drinks to figure out something new.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:37 PM   #6
bello
Veteran

I want to acknowledge a far different and excellent response from a couple of folks at DRF over the last couple of days. They show the exact opposite of my original post and a willingness to give superb customer service.

Thanks for getting back to me guys and I appreciate your responses.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:41 PM   #7
GaryG
Unreconstructed

Quote:
I want to acknowledge a far different and excellent response from a couple of folks at DRF over the last couple of days. They show the exact opposite of my original post and a willingness to give superb customer service.

I have had good luck dealing with Lonnie Goldfeder. Every question answered completely and promptly.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #8
thaskalos

Quote:

If only these wonderful people would also concern themselves with the timely distribution of their printed product. On some days, the DRF isn't available the night before; you can only get it on the day of. They've raised the price while cheapening the product...and now the distribution of it is hit or miss. A fine example of what NOT to do...if you want to run a successful business.

Last edited by thaskalos; 09-16-2014 at 04:51 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 PM   #9
DeltaLover

Quote:
You would think they are a monopoly or something.

I put in my order for the monthly plan and coupon code I use every month. Coupon Code did not work and discount was not applied so I call up. I get this obviously stoned person on the other end who answers the phone with a whazzup while laughing and carrying on with someone else likely sitting next to them. He kept asking me to repeat the same answers regarding my account and what the problem was over and over again. I finally asked for a supervisor and one never came to the phone.. I just called back and at least got somebody sober on the line who told me the wait time for handling issues like this was 48 hours.

BTW, no response to my emails to customer service.

I'm thinking it is time to move on. I tried Brisnet and was not satisfied.

Give me some alternatives please.
May I ask why you were not satisfied with Bris Net? If you are planning to build your own data bases I think BN is probably your best bet, in the opposite situation, I think that TIMEFORMUS is an easy winner.
DeltaLover is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2014, 04:52 PM   #10
Exotic1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryG
I have had good luck dealing with Lonnie Goldfeder. Every question answered completely and promptly.
I recently had a customer service issue that was resolved after L. Goldfeder became involved. Responsive and professional.
Exotic1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #11
bello
Veteran

I posted a pretty negative comment about DRF. Lon G et al got back to me with with legitimate concern over my post and I wanted to make sure that was recognized and did I did not accusation of poor service from DRF to stand when when they indeed got back to me in a professional manner.

There is competition out there for DRF and some of you pmed me with alternatives which I downloaded.

Competition is a good thing, and DRF, Bris and timeformus will sort out where they stand ind who comes out on top based on their product, service, price, user friendliness, distribution, etc.

I am not going to comment on any of those potential attributes because
a. I am not qualified to right now, I just became more acquainted withother options and after a couple of days I have no opinion
b. even if I had an opinion, my post took at shot specifically at DRF customer service. And IMO their response to me was redeeming.

The other comparisons between products can be discussed in another thread and I will be glad to join in when I become familiar with all products.

Last edited by bello; 09-16-2014 at 05:19 PM.
Old 09-16-2014, 06:09 PM   #12
ronsmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic1
I recently had a customer service issue that was resolved after L. Goldfeder became involved. Responsive and professional.
I downloaded the wrong track a few times and Lonnie always came through and gave me a credit. He's top notch.
ronsmac is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2014, 10:00 PM   #13
Mineshaft
Veteran

Quote:
I posted a pretty negative comment about DRF. Lon G et al got back to me with with legitimate concern over my post and I wanted to make sure that was recognized and did I did not accusation of poor service from DRF to stand when when they indeed got back to me in a professional manner.

There is competition out there for DRF and some of you pmed me with alternatives which I downloaded.

Competition is a good thing, and DRF, Bris and timeformus will sort out where they stand ind who comes out on top based on their product, service, price, user friendliness, distribution, etc.

I am not going to comment on any of those potential attributes because
a. I am not qualified to right now, I just became more acquainted withother options and after a couple of days I have no opinion
b. even if I had an opinion, my post took at shot specifically at DRF customer service. And IMO their response to me was redeeming.

The other comparisons between products can be discussed in another thread and I will be glad to join in when I become familiar with all products.

Lonnie is a damn good guy at drf.com Dealt with him several times.
Mineshaft is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Lonnie is the definition of what customer service is all about.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #15
Canarsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Lonnie is the definition of what customer service is all about.
As far as I'm concerned Lonnie is DRF. Without him they would have lost so many customers and revenue it could have put them in chapter eleven. If a management guy from DRF is reading this give that man a RAISE

Not once have I ever seen a negative post about Lonnie. People go out of their way (including me) to praise him for resolving their complaints. In this day and age to find a person like that is equivalent to finding a needle in a haystack.
Canarsie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply