Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 03-25-2014, 04:23 PM   #1
RacingFan1992

Wild Triple Crown Campaign Predictions

I know alot of people are saying what they think will happen in the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I know some people get mad because what one person thinks does not match up with that of another. This is open to all ideas.

I think Samraat will win the Wood, Derby and Preaknes but in the Belmont he will lose by 5 to Honor Code who will uphold the family tradition of winning the Belmont. His father, grandfather and great grandfather won. (A.P. Indy, Seattle Slew, Secretariat) By the Belmont I think Honor Code will be good enough.

Say anything you want about what you think will happen in the series.
Say "tough" to the people who look down on predicting the series.
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #2
stillwater
Journeyman

I think,right now,since you are pushing for answers....I would have to say this:

This.

Then I would say I would think Intense Holiday will win that race held the following Saturday after the last Friday in April.The Preakness may be won by InTrouble,mainly because Vicar is the real one in trouble.For the Belmont....I wish I knew if Top Billing has a chance to be in that one, but I don't think he does because of that injury so I would say:I don't know.

That's not a relative of I'll Have Another.It just means that I don't know.
stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 04:54 PM   #3
Smarty Cide
Veteran

California Chrome, Chitu, Ciaro prince, Vicars In Trouble - superfecta

just saying
Smarty Cide is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #4
stillwater
Journeyman

I....never mind.
stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 05:02 PM   #5
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992
I know alot of people are saying what they think will happen in the Derby, Preakness and Belmont. I know some people get mad because what one person thinks does not match up with that of another. This is open to all ideas.

I think Samraat will win the Wood, Derby and Preaknes but in the Belmont he will lose by 5 to Honor Code who will uphold the family tradition of winning the Belmont. His father, grandfather and great grandfather won. (A.P. Indy, Seattle Slew, Secretariat) By the Belmont I think Honor Code will be good enough.

Honor Code has a hind suspensory ligament injury, and you think he will be back for the Belmont?
Not just back to run in it, but win it?

Not sure that I would like to be training horses for you.....
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #6
TheGarMan

Ok, I'll play along...

I bet I can be as wrong as anybody , so here it goes:

The Derby goes to Candy Boy, in a nose over Cairo Prince. Intense Holiday and Samratt round out the Super.

The Preakness shapes up a little different, as its a tad shorter. I still see Candy Boy and Cairo in the stretch, but maybe (much like Oxbox last year), look for an upset here. Maybe a Wildcat Red or an Albano can get loose of the front end and wire the field.

The Belmont is anyones guess. Who has the stamina, and the grit after surviving the first two? No idea. Maybe a "Strong Mandate" or "Top Billing" can get it done, but more likely it will be some horse that evaded the buzz saw that is the entire Triple Crown, and comes to Belmont and makes waves.

I am sure none of this will actually happen

G
TheGarMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RacingFan1992

ride on curlin wins the derby by 20 furlongs!!!HAH
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 06:48 PM   #8
Delta Cone

The most "wild" prediction I can think of?

The Triple Crown drought ends this year.
Delta Cone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 07:18 PM   #9
Smarty Cide
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta Cone
The most "wild" prediction I can think of?

The Triple Crown drought ends this year.

which horse does it? California Chrome?
Old 03-25-2014, 07:47 PM   #10
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty Cide
which horse does it? California Chrome?
I'd settle for whoever wins the Derby....
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 07:48 PM   #11
Smarty Cide
Veteran

same shit
Old 03-25-2014, 08:22 PM   #12
taxicab

At the Kentucky Derby.....as a protest to the inhumanity that is horse racing, 20 Peta members rush the track at the 1/8th pole as the horses straighten for home in a well thought out protest........Sadly one of the Peta members gets run over by a horse and doesn't make it.

At the Preakness......a bunch of drunks put a severe beat down on that annoying centaur mascot that gallops around Pimlico on Preakness day.......Sadly centaur doesn't make it.

At the Belmont.....in a driving rain storm, Gary Stevens riding for D. Wayne Lukas accidentally electrocutes himself while "plugging in" Strong Mandate.....Sadly Stevens makes it,but he can never have children again.
taxicab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 08:48 PM   #13
fmolf

Samraat and uncle sigh exacta in the derby (I am born and raised on Long Island) throw in some controversy when the Asmussen trained Tapiture trundles up to complete the tri!
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 08:51 PM   #14
RacingFan1992

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses
Honor Code has a hind suspensory ligament injury, and you think he will be back for the Belmont?
Not just back to run in it, but win it?

Not sure that I would like to be training horses for you.....
and this is the reason why I called this thread "Wild Triple Crown Predictions" because that is what they are.
BTW: I think we want horses to run when they are not ours. How many people who do not know shit about horse racing wanted I'll Have Another run in the Belmont just to see if he could do it? The guy who owned Majestic Prince was firebombed by the media because he didn't want the colt to run but since he had the chance to make history, the reporters considered not entering unsportsmanlike. It is not a wonder why some reporters back then called it the "Cripple Crown".
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2014, 11:34 PM   #15
riskman

The horse who draws post position #5 in the Derby.

It is good a guess as anything in this thread.