Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapper's Corner

Old 01-14-2014, 12:45 PM   #1
jpjpicks
Alydarpicks

What do you use to handicap

What do you use to handicap race or races as for me its simple i use FEET-PER-SECOND RATING an i only play
claiming races 5.0 | 5.5 | 6.0 | 6.5 | 7.0 an some low level alw races at those dist the reason is thats
where the trainer makes his money for that barn when horses sit to long now you get into trainer stats for
layoffs an other info an the ratings start to get weak so give me them low an mid claming races all day
always remember all just like (pistol pete) told me a long time THERE IS A REASON Y A HORSE WINS THE RACE
you just have to look for it it may be in class or pace or speed figs BUT ITS THERE..
PS: there is no one system that will hit every race so use ALL THE TOOLS you can get your hands on
an stay in sprint races you will find it to be easy then two,turn races now you get into the real
pace of the race
-----------------
Making 1/2 pace figs with track variant the DRF WAY
1st look at the 3-year best time for AQU-I 5.5 is 103.2 (-18)=45.2 par
5.5=3630 | 1/2=2640 diff 990/55 rate of speed = 18
-----------------
lets look at AQU 1/13/14
R1/-13 87
R2/-11 89
R4/ -5 95
R5/ -8 92
R6/ -6 94
R7/ -8 92
R9/-12 88
track variant avg +9 just add # to your fig
sometimes easy works alot better

jpjpicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-14-2014, 01:50 PM   #2
horses4courses

Shake your money maker

horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2014, 03:32 PM   #3
Longshot6977

This works sometimes too.

Attached Images
File Type: gif ouija.gif (36.1 KB, 667 views)
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #4
Midnight Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpjpicks
What do you use to handicap race or races as for me its simple i use FEET-PER-SECOND RATING an i only play
claiming races 5.0 | 5.5 | 6.0 | 6.5 | 7.0 an some low level alw races at those dist the reason is thats
where the trainer makes his money for that barn when horses sit to long now you get into trainer stats for
layoffs an other info an the ratings start to get weak so give me them low an mid claming races all day
always remember all just like (pistol pete) told me a long time THERE IS A REASON Y A HORSE WINS THE RACE
you just have to look for it it may be in class or pace or speed figs BUT ITS THERE..
PS: there is no one system that will hit every race so use ALL THE TOOLS you can get your hands on
an stay in sprint races you will find it to be easy then two,turn races now you get into the real
pace of the race
-----------------
Making 1/2 pace figs with track variant the DRF WAY
1st look at the 3-year best time for AQU-I 5.5 is 103.2 (-18)=45.2 par
5.5=3630 | 1/2=2640 diff 990/55 rate of speed = 18
-----------------
lets look at AQU 1/13/14
R1/-13 87
R2/-11 89
R4/ -5 95
R5/ -8 92
R6/ -6 94
R7/ -8 92
R9/-12 88
track variant avg +9 just add # to your fig
sometimes easy works alot better

I use the Racing Form, Andy Harrington Workout Sheets, Whobets Picks and certain breeding angles, ie anything from Kittens Joy or English Channel on grass and anything that Proctor, Clemente, Motion or Chad Brown send out on the weeds. I love grass races. Ok, there I said it. My name is Midnight Cruiser, and Im a grassraceaholic....
Midnight Cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #5
lamboguy

the only tool's i use are turf day stats and replays. all i use the turfday stats for are to see which horses were in the prior races. i like them because i can go back to the complete history of the horse including works. i like to know the horses in the races and the tendencies of the horse. you can get this same information from the daily racing formulator, but you have to pay for it.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 10:50 AM   #6
pandy

What is turf day?
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
What is turf day?
it was actually a product that Mike Selwin put out while Youbet was still in business. i actually am looking at something similar from Brisnet called Brisstats now
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 12:43 PM   #8
burnsy
self medicated

Past performances, my wits of seeing thousands of races over almost 40 years, the odds, if horses are very close in ability, make sure you use the longer one as your "main" horse...............did I mention learning how to "read" the past performances and knowing how races were run and more importantly..............won?
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 10:14 PM   #9
jpjpicks
Alydarpicks

I like to thank all of you for your words on this its nice to see people talk about what they use handicappers have to have an open mind
thx: jimmy
jpjpicks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Midnight Cruiser

In case you werent paying attn, I said Proctor on the grass...
Old 01-20-2014, 01:04 AM   #11
Racey
Mamma Kimbo

Well after reading Pace Handicapping Longshots using brisnet exclusively I have adopted theories in the book and my own pattern angles I have enjoyed a nice run over the last 14 months.....very nice extra thanks to Pandy.
Racey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2014, 01:16 AM   #12
Midnight Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racey
Well after reading Pace Handicapping Longshots using brisnet exclusively I have adopted theories in the book and my own pattern angles I have enjoyed a nice run over the last 14 months.....very nice extra thanks to Pandy.
Elaborate in english please
Old 01-20-2014, 09:48 AM   #13
classhandicapper

I use class, bias, pace, and some race watching to evaluate the ability of the horses and individual performances in the past.

I use trainer strengths/weaknesses to evaluate the probability of the horse firing its "A" race or improving/declining today (more so at the lower levels).

I project pace and pay attention to race results during the day to see if there are any extreme conditions that are likely to benefit or hurt the horse today.

Almost all my plays come from the top 3 categories.

I use speed/pace figures to help with the analysis of past races in situations where the abilities of the horses are less defined, the results are vague, or I am less familiar with the quality at the track a horse is shipping from.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:05 PM   #14
Overlay

Race dates, distances, and surfaces; running positions; speed figures; jockeys and jockey standings; the money box; post position; and (last but CERTAINLY not least) the toteboard/probable payoffs (for identifying overlays or underlays -- not for judging intent through analysis of "tote action").

Last edited by Overlay; 01-20-2014 at 12:16 PM.
Overlay is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2014, 01:00 PM   #15
HUSKER55

darts, dice and my favorite,...grandkid comes over and says..."that sure is a pretty horse"

No Balls.......No baby!

Have you ever noticed that those who do not have a pot to piss in nor a window to throw it out of always seem to know how to handle the money of those who do.
HUSKER55 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply