Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-10-2013, 10:21 PM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Eric Holder chooses a side in Zimmerman

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...yvon-shooting/

Apparently the Justice department chose a side in Zimmerman/Martin

And they used your tax dollars
JustRalph is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 11:15 PM   #2
johnhannibalsmith

Surprise, surprise.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-10-2013, 11:52 PM   #3
NJ Stinks

Notice how the keep your fingers crossed headline asks the question.

They don't know shit but the headline is a nice snack for the zealots.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:47 AM   #4
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Stinks
Notice how the keep your fingers crossed headline asks the question.

They don't know shit but the headline is a nice snack for the zealots.
So it's ok when you say the media is biased (FOX biased for the right), but when we say the liberal media is biased and buries any and everything negative related to Obama, you tell us that's not true.

Interesting...
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 06:34 AM   #5
fast4522

The state of Illinois just passed its CCW law, the stakes are very high in this case with some trying to roll back recent gains the pro gun movement has made. The third rail will soon be too dam hot to make mention of it and this case will be a distant thought.

Eric who, oh that piece of work.

Last edited by fast4522; 07-11-2013 at 06:36 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-11-2013, 11:25 PM   #6
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
So it's ok when you say the media is biased (FOX biased for the right), but when we say the liberal media is biased and buries any and everything negative related to Obama, you tell us that's not true.

Interesting...
No. I would say much of the media is objective but some are obviously biased in favor of Obama and say so - like MSNBC. On the other hand, FOX News is all anti-Obama all the time while claiming to be fair & balanced.

What's worse - being far less than objective and being proud of it or being far less than objective while claiming to be anything but?
Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This thread is about Eric Holder and Zimmerman...don't want to derail it any further with more rehashing of an old topic.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:57 PM   #8
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
This thread is about Eric Holder and Zimmerman...don't want to derail it any further with more rehashing of an old topic.
I responded to your post. Post 3 was my response to the article Ralph posted from FOX News.
Old 07-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I responded to your post. Post 3 was my response to the article Ralph posted from FOX News.
But you're bringing the source up once again, as if Fox just makes stories up out of thin air on a regular basis.

Instead of discussing the contents, you want to debate the merits of the reporter. Nice deflection.

In any event, in my response to you earlier, I wasn't even thinking of FOX or MSNBC. I was thinking more along the lines of when Nightline and ABC read the names of military personnel killed in Iraq...and how they somehow don't seem to want to do a similar thing for all those killed under Obama's watch.

And you can extrapolate that kind of media bias across the entire media spectrum, from Letterman to CNN to...well...you name it...

I'm not talking about networks that primarily present PERSONALITIES with opinions (like FOX news and MSNBC)...I'm talking about hard news venues...
Old 07-12-2013, 12:25 AM   #10
ElKabong

Quote:
No. I would say much of the media is objective but some are obviously biased in favor of Obama and say so - like MSNBC. On the other hand, FOX News is all anti-Obama all the time while claiming to be fair & balanced.

What's worse - being far less than objective and being proud of it or being far less than objective while claiming to be anything but?
Just curious, do you have a comment about why tax dollars were used for organizing demonstrations against a US citizen?

The DOJ raising funds for a demonstration against a US citizen is bad enough. Doing it prior to his trial is even worse. Even with a flimsy case presented by the state, Zimmerman was up against it from the get go. The DOJ saw to it.

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-12-2013 at 12:30 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 01:16 AM   #11
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Just curious, do you have a comment about why tax dollars were used for organizing demonstrations against a US citizen?

The DOJ raising funds for a demonstration against a US citizen is bad enough. Doing it prior to his trial is even worse. Even with a flimsy case presented by the state, Zimmerman was up against it from the get go. The DOJ saw to it.
From the article Ralph linked:

But it's not clear from the article whether the unit's involvement crossed the line from mediation to advocacy. The article generally described their role as teaching civil-rights organizers how to manage crowds and easing tensions. An agency official said their goal was to "build local capacity to deal with these issues."

The Justice Department did not respond Wednesday to requests from Fox News for comment on the Judicial Watch documents.

The CRS unit was established under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"For more than 45 years, CRS has been asked to provide its experienced mediators to help local communities resolve conflicts and disturbances relating to race, color, or national origin," the department says on its website.

Don't get why you think CRS organized anything. Making sure local demonstrations don't get out of hand sounds exactly like CRS was doing what it was created to do.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #12
dartman51

This demonizing of George Zimmerman, began when the President decided to inject himself into yet another issue involving race. I saw shirts at the protests with the President's quote, "If I had a son, he would look like Trevon Martin."
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
mostpost

Quote:
From the article Ralph linked:

But it's not clear from the article whether the unit's involvement crossed the line from mediation to advocacy. The article generally described their role as teaching civil-rights organizers how to manage crowds and easing tensions. An agency official said their goal was to "build local capacity to deal with these issues."

The Justice Department did not respond Wednesday to requests from Fox News for comment on the Judicial Watch documents.

The CRS unit was established under the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

"For more than 45 years, CRS has been asked to provide its experienced mediators to help local communities resolve conflicts and disturbances relating to race, color, or national origin," the department says on its website.

Don't get why you think CRS organized anything. Making sure local demonstrations don't get out of hand sounds exactly like CRS was doing what it was created to do.
This is exactly what I found in researching this.
If any body bothered to go to the Judicial Watch website and lock at the FOIA documents they posted, they would find that they are all per diem requests by agents of the agency. CRS assists local officials in dealing with demonstrations. It does not assist groups in putting on demonstrations.

Judicial Watch knows this but it chooses to spin it a different way. In other words it chooses to lie.
Old 07-12-2013, 04:47 PM   #14
Steve 'StatMan'
Traded By Cubs

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
This demonizing of George Zimmerman, began when the President decided to inject himself into yet another issue involving race. I saw shirts at the protests with the President's quote, "If I had a son, he would look like Trevon Martin."
I never took that statement as an attack, as it is true they would likely have looked similar. The support for Martin and his family may look like justification for his families side of the argument. Clearly the media went that way big time for a long time.

Eric Holder, etc. yes, that was the justice system politicians taking a side and trying to affect things, instead of looking at and for cold hard facts and the real reality, not just preceptions of reality.
Steve 'StatMan' is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2013, 12:12 AM   #15
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51

You think this is what his 20 years of sitting in the Church of Hate listening to his spiritual adviser spit out venom played a role in his serial-racist remarks?
Anyone see tee shirt that said "Typical White Person?" Another of is famous quotes.