Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 04-16-2010, 04:38 PM   #31
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

With the way things stand right now, there is going to be a lot of speed in this race and I expect it will be ratched up another notch if Eightyfiveandafifty wins the Derby Trial and gets in. I think Eskendereya and Lookin at Lucky have enough experience (and good enough jocks) that they should be able to sit off of what looks to be a wild duel on the front end and get a good first jump when the front waive tires. They are the top 2 on most lists and I see no reason why they shouldn't be. The question for me if I play into the vertical exotics is, can one of the frontrunners hold on enough to hit the board or will the deep closers clunk up into those slots. Of course too much info is still missing, but at least this part of it seems as clear as possible right now to me.
OTM Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2010, 09:43 PM   #32
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogazie
If you're reading this slewis, can you elaborate now please
I don't understand the request. he made observations, as did I when I started that part of the thread in this topic.

Not sure what else is needed?

Watch the post parade, look at photos, watch races, workouts, and make observations. Decide what you think about the workout spacing, and all the stuff in the post parade photos.

"Visually, it sure looked like the race wouldn't have taken anything out of him" Pletcher said after the Wood.
WinterTriangle is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2010, 10:03 PM   #33
bisket

one thing to keep in mind is since esky will be going longer pletcher could be galloping him strongly instead of working him. thats the only thing i could think of for him not working since the race if he's not having problems. although esky having issues is a legitimate question mark right now.
bisket is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2010, 10:11 PM   #34
boogazie

You made an observation about Eskendereya's lack of training.

He made an observation that there was an "issue" based on how Eskendereya looked in the post parade of the Wood Memorial but that he wouldn't discuss it because he did not have proof.

Well it seems that now we have some sort of proof and that the two are related and I was simply wondering if he would shared his full thoughts now that it looks like what he saw was correct.

ls the horse injured? Does he have a soundness issue?

I can analyze races but I do not know a lot about horse anatomy so I would not be able to pick out what he saw in person just by looking at some pictures of the post parade.
boogazie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2010, 11:38 PM   #35
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boogazie
how Eskendereya looked in the post parade

Well I'll help things along and post photo of post parade.

Looks pretty good to me. However, conspiracy theorists will say he has front wraps (but so did all of trainers stakes horses that day, based on reports that some horses were getting burnt.) Some will say no big deal, others will say he put wraps on all the horses so Eskie's wouldn't stand out. Other visuals of note, shaved legs, up to knees. Some will say oh oh, injections or ultrasound, others will say a sale might be taking place and that was part of pre sale vet examination, people wanna know what they're buying. Others say the horse was in FL why would he need his legs shaved all the way up to knees since it's hot there and they don't get big coats.

So, you see where I'm going with this, I hope.

People are doing this with LAL blinkers on blinkers off, and maybe Baffert doesn't know what he's doing .(LOL yeah, sure ) because his blinkers on experiment failed

The *only* thing I thought of when I read trainer's quote that it looked like wood didn't take much out of him, but then why such a big *rest* and workout not until 15 days+? Well, could just be the horse was tired which they didn't think at first, or they are just trying to take it easy on him to conserve his energy for the big one.

Okay, I think I've covered all the conspiracy theory bases and the opposite here. This gets into wierd territory and I guess it's just fun to gossip about horses. LOL

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m...l/DSC_4989.jpg
Old 04-17-2010, 12:33 AM   #36
WinterTriangle

Oh, the other conspiracy is that legs are clipped for linaments, and/or to put on the wraps tight, or to discover leg nicks after racing. Same reason I clip my dogs. However, it was also pointed out that if it was for leg wraps, Munnings and the others weren't shaved.

Eh. I believe with the intense media scrutiny on the favorite for the Derby, this would be all over the place if there was any concern. I guess we'll find out soon ..... I doubt this trainer is going to send an unsound horse to the Ky Derby .... can you imagine what the fallout would be?
Old 04-17-2010, 02:45 AM   #37
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterTriangle
I doubt this trainer is going to send an unsound horse to the Ky Derby .... can you imagine what the fallout would be?
Sort of like the fallout if a trainer sent a horse into the BC Classic that was "noticeably limping" during his workouts?

Who was suggesting that, I can't seem to remember?
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 09:58 AM   #38
bisket

winter you need to delete some of your pms

what we need is a clocker's report on morning excercises at the training center esky is at. although from what some posters have said the reports from there aren't actually reliable.
Old 04-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #39
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
I'll say this about Esky's shaved legs...you do not shave legs to apply a liniment...you do need to shave them if you are injecting a joint medication...injecting joints requires great care to avoid any infection...it could very well be for a pre sale inspection...bottom line is, IMO, it's very strange.
I think once they get Esky to Churchill, we'll know more...until then, we are speculating, fun yeah...but still just all speculation.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 11:51 AM   #40
bisket

it struck me as strange that they returned to palm meadows after the wood. i thought why ship all the way back to fla for a few weeks and then go to kentucky a few weeks later.
Old 04-17-2010, 01:09 PM   #41
joanied

Location: Wyoming, near Yellowstone Park...born/raised in Brooklyn,NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by bisket
it struck me as strange that they returned to palm meadows after the wood. i thought why ship all the way back to fla for a few weeks and then go to kentucky a few weeks later.
My thoughts, exactly.

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time that is given to us"
Gandalf the Grey
joanied is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #42
WinterTriangle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Sort of like the fallout if a trainer sent a horse into the BC Classic that was "noticeably limping" during his workouts?
First let me say that I'm flattered by your persistence and loyalty, remembering and quoting my every word......from 2009 no less.

BTW, this was how the winner looked in morning warmups before the BCC:

Too bad some didn't notice how QR wasn't liking the track---maybe could have avoided the traumatic gate incident(fallout, as you mention). Instead, the horse took matters into his own hands.

What looked like limping on a small laptop screen was probabaly more about how he was putting his feet down. Outcome: he would've got the biggest a$$ whoopin of his career from Zen and Gio anyway. elusive quals have about a 10% success rate on poly.
Old 04-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #43
Dahoss9698
Veteran

So he wasn't "noticeably limping" now? My how a few months change everything. A simple "yeah, I had no idea what I was talking about at the time" would have sufficed. Instead I got a picture of Zenyatta and more speculation (wasn't liking the track). It is pretty amazing though that from your small laptop screen you were able to see he wasn't liking the track. But his trainer missed it. With an eye like that you might have missed your calling.

Oh and Santa Anita isn't poly. It's pro ride. But I'm sure you knew that.

Last edited by Dahoss9698; 04-17-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 07:39 PM   #44
Charlie D

Quote:
Outcome: he would've got the biggest a$$ whoopin of his career from Zen and Gio anyway.elusive quals have about a 10% success rate on poly.

2008 Classic winner was Sired By Elusive Quality. So it may be an error to suggest a horse would get " the biggest ass whooping of his career"

Last edited by Charlie D; 04-17-2010 at 07:42 PM.
Charlie D is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Esky worked 5 in 1.02:25 today.

Quote:
Other visuals of note, shaved legs, up to knees.

I think he knows Rachael will be at Churchill on Derby day and he is just
gussing up a bit!