Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 14 votes, 4.43 average.
Old 02-20-2018, 04:51 PM   #1501
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 7,932
Rep Power: 25 jay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to behold
The difference is that the starter of the still had a hold of the horse, the starter of the had let go.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 04:52 PM   #1502
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,730
Rep Power: 14 dilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
The difference is that the starter of the still had a hold of the horse, the starter of the had let go.
I was looking for that and the starter had let go of the too.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 04:59 PM   #1503
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 41,800
Rep Power: 66 cj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I was looking for that and the starter had let go of the too.
I would imagine they make a call down and talk to the starter in these cases as well.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 05:03 PM   #1504
dasch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 9 dasch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
And now I have proof! In the 4th race yesterday (2/19), a longshot, the Kennedie Sky at 42-1, did the exact same thing, and they didn't rule her a non-starter!

They are using the non-starter rule selectively to protect horses who get significant betting action.
The asst. starter let go of the 3 as soon as she reared back when the gate was opened, but the 1 you can clearly see the extended arm of the asst. starter still holding on as the horse was rearing coming out of the gate. IMO they made the correct call on both.

Last edited by dasch; 02-20-2018 at 05:08 PM.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 05:53 PM   #1505
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 4,730
Rep Power: 14 dilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the roughdilanesp is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasch View Post
The asst. starter let go of the 3 as soon as she reared back when the gate was opened, but the 1 you can clearly see the extended arm of the asst. starter still holding on as the horse was rearing coming out of the gate. IMO they made the correct call on both.
I just watched both videos again. You are incorrect. You cannot see the assistant starter's arm from either angle (head on or pan) on the race on the 15th.

Now maybe cj is right that they called down to the starter and were told something. But given the odds of the two horses, I retain my suspicions.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #1506
dasch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 161
Rep Power: 9 dasch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I just watched both videos again. You are incorrect. You cannot see the assistant starter's arm from either angle (head on or pan) on the race on the 15th.

Now maybe cj is right that they called down to the starter and were told something. But given the odds of the two horses, I retain my suspicions.
Fully extended arm still holding on clearly visible.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-15 R2.jpg (243.1 KB, 37 views)
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2018, 07:30 PM   #1507
johnhannibalsmith
Registered User
 
johnhannibalsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 12,363
Rep Power: 24 johnhannibalsmith has a spectacular aura aboutjohnhannibalsmith has a spectacular aura aboutjohnhannibalsmith has a spectacular aura about
I meant to post this yesterday and it could go in a few different long-running threads involving jocks and rides and decisions, but I think I saw a first in the seventh race at Turf Paradise.

Jockey Glenn Corbett, riding favored Patience of a Saint for trainer Ariel Gordon and owner Carol Stubbs, takes a little abuse between horses late in the race and winds up fourth. He lodges an objection against the runner-up for interference, and that horse is eventually disqualified and placed behind Patience of a Saint.

The connections of the disqualified horse? Ariel Gordon and Carol Stubbs. The rider objection moved them from second and fourth to third and fourth, officially.

Remember that as a bettor. If you bet on Corbett, he'll get mad enough at an infraction to claim foul against the connections he is riding for. Here's your racetrack anti-conspiracy for the day to put you in a more confident wagering mood.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...18&cy=USA&rn=7
__________________
"You make me feel like I am fun again."

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-06-2018, 07:48 PM   #1508
camourous
Registered User
 
camourous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,403
Rep Power: 10 camourous is on a distinguished road
Corbett probably had the tri with him off the board, told the other rider to claim foul


Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
I meant to post this yesterday and it could go in a few different long-running threads involving jocks and rides and decisions, but I think I saw a first in the seventh race at Turf Paradise.

Jockey Glenn Corbett, riding favored Patience of a Saint for trainer Ariel Gordon and owner Carol Stubbs, takes a little abuse between horses late in the race and winds up fourth. He lodges an objection against the runner-up for interference, and that horse is eventually disqualified and placed behind Patience of a Saint.

The connections of the disqualified horse? Ariel Gordon and Carol Stubbs. The rider objection moved them from second and fourth to third and fourth, officially.

Remember that as a bettor. If you bet on Corbett, he'll get mad enough at an infraction to claim foul against the connections he is riding for. Here's your racetrack anti-conspiracy for the day to put you in a more confident wagering mood.

http://www.equibase.com/premium/char...18&cy=USA&rn=7
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 07:13 PM   #1509
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 41,800
Rep Power: 66 cj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to beholdcj is a splendid one to behold
Another bad DQ in SoCal in my opinion putting up Bolt d'Oro.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 07:19 PM   #1510
camourous
Registered User
 
camourous's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,403
Rep Power: 10 camourous is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Another bad DQ in SoCal in my opinion putting up Bolt d'Oro.

Yep they take him down for carrying a horse out near the wire, but ignore him getting clobbered turning for home
camourous is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 07:22 PM   #1511
SharpCat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 564
Rep Power: 10 SharpCat will become famous soon enoughSharpCat will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Another bad DQ in SoCal in my opinion putting up Bolt d'Oro.
Yeah have to agree on the bad call. They both did a little something. Bolt coming off the turn and Mckinzie in the final 1/16th. I thought they would let it stand.
SharpCat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 07:25 PM   #1512
GMB@BP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 3,186
Rep Power: 21 GMB@BP is a jewel in the roughGMB@BP is a jewel in the roughGMB@BP is a jewel in the rough
the three blind mice in socal, no one is shocked.

almost get unseated and then your dq'd for a brush at the end

it was so definitive that it took 20 minutes to decide. at least it happened in a minor race and not like the BC Classic.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 08:27 PM   #1513
Robert Fischer
clean money
 
Robert Fischer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Maryland
Posts: 17,624
Rep Power: 31 Robert Fischer has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Fischer has a spectacular aura about
whoever won that dual was coming down!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
the three blind mice in socal, no one is shocked.

almost get unseated and then your dq'd for a brush at the end

it was so definitive that it took 20 minutes to decide. at least it happened in a minor race and not like the BC Classic.
The way that race was ruled, I have to think that had Bolt D'oro won, he would've been DQ'd as well. Kind of silly to think.

Rooting for both horses to keep moving forward on the Triple Crown trail.
__________________
Preparation. Discipline. Patience. Decisiveness.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 09:03 PM   #1514
Lemon Drop Husker
Registered User
 
Lemon Drop Husker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 8,355
Rep Power: 19 Lemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to beholdLemon Drop Husker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Another bad DQ in SoCal in my opinion putting up Bolt d'Oro.
Great race with 2 solid horses laying it down only to be ruined by the stewards.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-10-2018, 09:27 PM   #1515
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 7,932
Rep Power: 25 jay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to beholdjay68802 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
Great race with 2 solid horses laying it down only to be ruined by the stewards.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
What are the true odds of a Baffert Trifecta in the Kentucky Derby
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.