Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 12-28-2017, 05:26 PM   #1
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 40,063
Rep Power: 60 cj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nice
Gulfstream sticking it to horseplayers again

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 06:25 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 40,063
Rep Power: 60 cj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nice
I guess people are numb to Gulfstream, nobody seems to care. Won't bother in the future.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 06:31 PM   #3
Denny
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 46
Rep Power: 0 Denny will become famous soon enough
I care CJ.
Check my last post on the Jockey thread, made just a few minutes ago before reading this!

The name I coined for them is GulfSCAM Park.

You should see some of the posts I've made over the years at HRI (HorseRaceInsider.com).
Denny is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 06:35 PM   #4
GMB@BP
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 1,553
Rep Power: 17 GMB@BP will become famous soon enoughGMB@BP will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
I guess people are numb to Gulfstream, nobody seems to care. Won't bother in the future.
I refuse to wager on that place after all your comments.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 06:37 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 40,063
Rep Power: 60 cj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nice
They are calling these race "about" 7.5f but the times given are not for an about distance. They are for exactly 7.5f. It is just a blatant lie to cover up the sham that the distance of these races really is.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-29-2017, 08:56 PM   #6
AstrosFan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 108
Rep Power: 1 AstrosFan will become famous soon enough
The rebuilt GP is a sham!
AstrosFan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
Andy Asaro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 911
Rep Power: 2 Andy Asaro will become famous soon enoughAndy Asaro will become famous soon enough





Let's Take Action

https://www.classaction.org/free-case-evaluation

If you've been harmed by a company's negligence or misconduct, you may have the right to sue for your losses. At ClassAction.org, we help people take action.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:09 PM   #8
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,346
Rep Power: 16 jay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura about
One problem here is the the track is not set to have 7.5f races. When the races are run at that exact distance the first turn is to close to the starting gate. The other problem is that the owners and trainers want the 7.5f races. So the track bows to them, and as a result, handicappers are left with the problem of how to deal with the resulting information.

I am a landlord, and I try very hard to keep my renters happy. Fix the plumbing, keep the grass mowed, snow removal are all things that I have learned that are not to be put off. As a result, I have very few openings and no trouble filling them when I do. I am as proud of this as CJ seems to be of the accuracy of his figures. He seems to care not only because of his reputation, but he understands that his customers use his product because of this.

Horse racing seems not to have these values. They view their customers as revenue, and that is it. Can tracks time races accurately? Yes, but would rather spend the money by increasing purses than investing money in ways to keep their customers. Could horse racing get rid of drugs? Yes, but instead spend their revenue in other ways. Customer satisfaction is part of this game that could be easily increased, and the best way to do this is obvious.

Stop the song and dance and show some integrity.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:24 PM   #9
dilanesp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,775
Rep Power: 10 dilanesp will become famous soon enoughdilanesp will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
One problem here is the the track is not set to have 7.5f races. When the races are run at that exact distance the first turn is to close to the starting gate. The other problem is that the owners and trainers want the 7.5f races. So the track bows to them, and as a result, handicappers are left with the problem of how to deal with the resulting information.

I am a landlord, and I try very hard to keep my renters happy. Fix the plumbing, keep the grass mowed, snow removal are all things that I have learned that are not to be put off. As a result, I have very few openings and no trouble filling them when I do. I am as proud of this as CJ seems to be of the accuracy of his figures. He seems to care not only because of his reputation, but he understands that his customers use his product because of this.

Horse racing seems not to have these values. They view their customers as revenue, and that is it. Can tracks time races accurately? Yes, but would rather spend the money by increasing purses than investing money in ways to keep their customers. Could horse racing get rid of drugs? Yes, but instead spend their revenue in other ways. Customer satisfaction is part of this game that could be easily increased, and the best way to do this is obvious.

Stop the song and dance and show some integrity.
Why not just standardize the run up and gice the exact distance then?
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 40,063
Rep Power: 60 cj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
One problem here is the the track is not set to have 7.5f races. When the races are run at that exact distance the first turn is to close to the starting gate. The other problem is that the owners and trainers want the 7.5f races. So the track bows to them, and as a result, handicappers are left with the problem of how to deal with the resulting information.

I am a landlord, and I try very hard to keep my renters happy. Fix the plumbing, keep the grass mowed, snow removal are all things that I have learned that are not to be put off. As a result, I have very few openings and no trouble filling them when I do. I am as proud of this as CJ seems to be of the accuracy of his figures. He seems to care not only because of his reputation, but he understands that his customers use his product because of this.

Horse racing seems not to have these values. They view their customers as revenue, and that is it. Can tracks time races accurately? Yes, but would rather spend the money by increasing purses than investing money in ways to keep their customers. Could horse racing get rid of drugs? Yes, but instead spend their revenue in other ways. Customer satisfaction is part of this game that could be easily increased, and the best way to do this is obvious.

Stop the song and dance and show some integrity.
Horsemen might want them for some unknown reason that makes no sense, but with the ridiculous run up they aren't really 7.5 furlong races anyway.


Gulfstream gets everything wrong. They can't time races, the make up a race and phony double the purse. The lie about run up and distance. They mistimed the Pegasus. The put the gate in the wrong place for a 5f turf stake. And yesterday, the creme de la creme, they released this ad a short time after a bunch of horses died in a fire. You can't make it up.

cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,346
Rep Power: 16 jay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
Why not just standardize the run up and gice the exact distance then?
The distance does not fit the track. To get the right distance when you move the rail out, the starting gate is still to close to the first turn. And the owners and trainers complain because the outside draws are at a disadvantage. Increasing the run up just adds to the problem. Just quit carding the bad distance and call it a flat mile, that is basically what it is anyway.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:54 PM   #12
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,346
Rep Power: 16 jay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Horsemen might want them for some unknown reason that makes no sense, but with the ridiculous run up they aren't really 7.5 furlong races anyway.


Gulfstream gets everything wrong. They can't time races, the make up a race and phony double the purse. The lie about run up and distance. They mistimed the Pegasus. The put the gate in the wrong place for a 5f turf stake. And yesterday, the creme de la creme, they released this ad a short time after a bunch of horses died in a fire. You can't make it up.

https://twitter.com/PegasusWorldCup/...59032676724736
Wow, I don't know what to say about the add. In their own little world I guess, no class.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 02:58 PM   #13
jay68802
Registered User
 
jay68802's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 4,346
Rep Power: 16 jay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura aboutjay68802 has a spectacular aura about
I think Andy Beyer did a opinion column on this very subject, and gave some reasons why the horsemen wanted this distance. I try to find it.
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 03:09 PM   #14
Lemon Drop Husker
Registered User
 
Lemon Drop Husker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 6,019
Rep Power: 14 Lemon Drop Husker is just really niceLemon Drop Husker is just really niceLemon Drop Husker is just really niceLemon Drop Husker is just really niceLemon Drop Husker is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Horsemen might want them for some unknown reason that makes no sense, but with the ridiculous run up they aren't really 7.5 furlong races anyway.


Gulfstream gets everything wrong. They can't time races, the make up a race and phony double the purse. The lie about run up and distance. They mistimed the Pegasus. The put the gate in the wrong place for a 5f turf stake. And yesterday, the creme de la creme, they released this ad a short time after a bunch of horses died in a fire. You can't make it up.

https://twitter.com/PegasusWorldCup/...59032676724736
CJ, I certainly appreciate your personal war on American horse racing to be factual with timing, information, and all the includes wiht that, but the Pegasus ad I have to give a pass.

I have little doubt they have been working on that ad for well over 6 months, and yes, it looks horrible now.

Some breaks do need to be given.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-30-2017, 03:10 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs
 
cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 40,063
Rep Power: 60 cj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nicecj is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker View Post
CJ, I certainly appreciate your personal war on American horse racing to be factual with timing, information, and all the includes wiht that, but the Pegasus ad I have to give a pass.

I have little doubt they have been working on that ad for well over 6 months, and yes, it looks horrible now.

Some breaks do need to be given.
You make a new ad, come on. It isn't that tough. Ads get pulled all the time as situations change. And six months? Come on, you could do that in a day.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Is adding 30 to 60 feet to the run up for the Pegasus a good idea?
Yes, good idea - 40.00%
8 Votes
No, bad idea - 60.00%
12 Votes
Total Votes: 20
Non-members may not vote on this poll.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:42 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2017 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.