Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-22-2017, 11:56 PM   #301
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

PP's for Pegasus Nominees (Alphabetical Order)

https://downthestretchs.com/tag/free-pps/

Look for RED PRINT in center
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 12:29 AM   #302
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith
He'd be stuck in quarantine for a positive test.
And there's no bedding? Why? (Prob silly question but I've never heard this before)
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:50 AM   #303
EMD4ME
NoPoints4ME

The way this race is shaping up they should've created a pick it all right for a dime. A perfect fecta. Pick all 12 runners in correct order for .10 or .20.

Might be a yawn of a match race with little value behind, even in the super / pentafecta.

Then easygoer and I would complain about a rider not riding for 10th .

I know Id key desormeaux last (if he's in there)

Last edited by EMD4ME; 01-23-2017 at 05:51 AM.
EMD4ME is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 06:11 AM   #304
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider
Bloodhorse is now reporting that Gun Runner is likely not going to run. Short version of the story is that Gulfstream is requiring a blood test and a nasal swab. Gun Runner's owners say they are fine with the blood test, but are refusing to do the nasal swab on the advice of their veterinarian because, according to the vet, there is a 15% chance of a false positive with the swab, an event that would result in the horse standing on concrete for 30 days. They are not willing to subject the horse to that.
It also places his entire barn in jeopardy of being quarantined for the minimum of 14 days. There are other owners he has to consider with the decision.
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 06:48 AM   #305
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
What does 30 days on concrete mean,I'm not understanding that.

From what I gather, here's what is going on at Fair Grounds. If a horse tests positive, then the entire barn is quarantined even if that is the only horse with a positive test. The affected horse is removed from the barn and is placed in one of the isolation tents that Fair Grounds set up on their parking lot due to a lack of space on the backstretch.

I do not know if those horses are actually standing on raw concrete, or if some type of bedding material like rubber mats or wood chips are used too.

Mule

Last edited by Mulerider; 01-23-2017 at 06:51 AM.
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #306
Twin Double

Just for the hell of it I'm going to box a couple tri's leaving both Arrogate and Chrome completely off the board. Sounds stupid but I've seen crazier things happen in this sport. A little chaos theory and dumb luck could sweep half the trifecta pool. Worth a $20 dollar stab, kind of like a Powerball ticket.

Last edited by Twin Double; 01-23-2017 at 08:19 AM.
Twin Double is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 03:12 PM   #307
SG4

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMD4ME
The way this race is shaping up they should've created a pick it all right for a dime. A perfect fecta. Pick all 12 runners in correct order for .10 or .20.

Might be a yawn of a match race with little value behind, even in the super / pentafecta.

Then easygoer and I would complain about a rider not riding for 10th .

I know Id key desormeaux last (if he's in there)
Sometimes your wishes do come true. I saw something for a moment on the GP website about this the other day but can't locate it & all my searches are coming up with nothing, but I think this is in the works, look at the 3rd offer down on this link - http://www.xpressbet.com/SpecialOffers
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 PM   #308
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulerider
From what I gather, here's what is going on at Fair Grounds. If a horse tests positive, then the entire barn is quarantined even if that is the only horse with a positive test. The affected horse is removed from the barn and is placed in one of the isolation tents that Fair Grounds set up on their parking lot due to a lack of space on the backstretch.

I do not know if those horses are actually standing on raw concrete, or if some type of bedding material like rubber mats or wood chips are used too.

Mule
Hmmm ok wow that's kinda odd, I could see keeping the horse away from others but i would imagine that horse has to sleep (lying down) at some point, but this isn't something I know anything about. Thanks.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:12 PM   #309
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Arrogate the 1 post, Chrome the 12.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:22 PM   #310
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Arrogate the 1 post, Chrome the 12.
Wow. We'll get to see who is right about PP here, won't we? I think that's a huge break for Arrogate.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:34 PM   #311
linrom1
Veteran

Chrome should scratch and go to DUBAI run in March instead, the connection do have an alternate on AE list. Post position 1 has the highest win % and is perfect for ARROGATE who does not need any help.

Arrogate will just sit off the speed inside and coast ready to pounce. CHROME on the other hand will need to use up a lot of energy to get into position hung on the outside.

Imagine if Arrogate got stuck on the outside and CHROME was inside?

It does make you wonder about the draw? The race sucks with such suspect post position draw.

SCREW IT! Go to Dubai, Chrome!

Last edited by linrom1; 01-23-2017 at 05:40 PM.
linrom1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:39 PM   #312
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by linrom1
Chrome should scratch and go to DUBAI run in March instead, the connection do have an alternate on AE list.
I don't think he can do that. The mares are waiting for him....
Old 01-23-2017, 05:43 PM   #313
tophatmert

12 million dollar race and post position draw looks like the mock NFL draft held in trailer 9 at Chucks mobile home ranch in 1979.Hanging cardboard placards on indoor- outdoor carpet really created some drama ,will they stay up or will they fall down.
tophatmert is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 05:51 PM   #314
outofthebox

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp
Wow. We'll get to see who is right about PP here, won't we? I think that's a huge break for Arrogate.
Arrogate did get a break. But i really don't think CC will be hurt at all. He is an excellent gate horse with 6 plodders separating him and likely front runner Noble Bird. I envision a trip right along side of NB for CC
outofthebox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2017, 06:08 PM   #315
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by outofthebox
Arrogate did get a break. But i really don't think CC will be hurt at all. He is an excellent gate horse with 6 plodders separating him and likely front runner Noble Bird. I envision a trip right along side of NB for CC
The problem is ground loss on the first turn. Getting caught 5 or 6 wide is a lot of ground, especially if Espinosa keeps him outside (as we all know he will) on the far turn as well.

Meanwhile Arrogate will be sitting there on the rail taking the shortest possible path....