Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #151
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfin66
There are several people on this site that you could say that to. Why are you singling one particular person out?
Oh gee, I don't know...I guess you haven't read his posts...or the fact he's been banned before...or the fact that he's not very well liked here in general.

In fact, I am one of the few people who actually likes him...and that's telling you something when I write that to someone I like.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 11:16 PM   #152
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
A lot of you miscreants act as if I don't allow liberals on here.

There are plenty of vocal liberals on here (not so much anymore after Trump won...sorry fellas...can't help who the people want as Prez, and that you scurried off to your safe spaces because of it...don't blame me).

Hcap and mostpost have been two of the more vocal and VERY liberal people here. Have I banned them? Have I given them any shit really? Other than arguing with them on political matters, who here can say that I've made their life difficult here AS AN ADMIN because of their political beliefs? In fact, I've defended mostpost more than once when some people got personal with him.

There are plenty of other liberals on here...maddog and Teach come to mind as two that have been posting plenty lately and I haven't said a word.

I don't have a problem with people posting here with views opposite of mine. I welcome it.

As GWB once said...BRING 'EM ON

Just don't be a ****ing asshole (ok, Bush didn't say this last part, that's me)
I have been asked by cj to not try to moderate the board, and I have done well (IMO) to honor that request. Instead of trying to be a voice of reason, I have tried to report posts. Nothing happens. This entire thread has got me to wondering; what is it that gets your attention versus what you let pass? If you look at posts 63 and 64 of this same thread, maddog and justralph call each other names. Is that okay for them to do? If so, how is dahoss crossing the line? There is a lot of vitriol spewed on this site. Ultimately, that is the responsibility of those who make those types of posts, but it seems like some stuff is okay and some stuff isn't. Now I see that you are actually frustrated and are now hurling a lot of insults. Is this how you want to represent yourself on your own site? This is a great site for the most part, but Off Topic has really become a cesspool. Is it time to take control of the board back and enact some standards of behavior that are then enforced?

Just wondering. I really used to enjoy posting here which is how I racked up my 2,938 posts over several years. Now I am not so sure...
kingfin66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM   #153
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
Oh gee, I don't know...I guess you haven't read his posts...or the fact he's been banned before...or the fact that he's not very well liked here in general.

In fact, I am one of the few people who actually likes him...and that's telling you something when I write that to someone I like.
Of course I have seen the posts. I don't know dahoss. I don't have a problem with dahoss like so many seem to. Others have been banned and been allowed to come back (not suggesting that anybody be banned). My point is that I see lots of posts that, in my opinion, are much less than civil, but it is only certain people that are called on it.

I really am not trying to be critical of you; you have your hands full here. I was just really wondering. dahoss says that you have edited his posts and taken away his ability to send PMs. I have never heard of that happening to others, but perhaps they are less vocal when/if it happens.

P.S. - Glad to hear that you don't read PMs. It would not affect me if you did as I never receive any.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:20 PM   #154
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

All of your reported posts are looked over, I can tell you that. I get an email every time a post is reported. You claiming nothing ever happens is patently untrue. Maybe not for the ones you reported, for whatever reason, but I look at all reported posts and take action when required (in my opinion).

As for all your other complaints, duly noted.

I can't please everyone...I learned that a long time ago. It's a total waste of time.

So, I just run this place the way I've been running it for 17+ years and let the chips fall where they may.

If someone else wants to go out and create a free forum for horseplayers, be my guest. Others have tried, but PaceAdvantage.com is still the top link on google when it comes to horse racing talk/forum/forums whatever.

So I must be doing something right.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:24 PM   #155
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Of course I have seen the posts. I don't know dahoss. I don't have a problem with dahoss like so many seem to. Others have been banned and been allowed to come back (not suggesting that anybody be banned). My point is that I see lots of posts that, in my opinion, are much less than civil, but it is only certain people that are called on it.

I really am not trying to be critical of you; you have your hands full here. I was just really wondering. dahoss says that you have edited his posts and taken away his ability to send PMs. I have never heard of that happening to others, but perhaps they are less vocal when/if it happens.

P.S. - Glad to hear that you don't read PMs. It would not affect me if you did as I never receive any.
Dahoss' personal attack on Tom is one of the two most vicious I have ever witnessed on here. The other was the attack on mostpost a few years ago, and I stepped in and defended him when that happened, and I think you would say that mostpost and I do NOT see eye to eye on off-topic.

I'm sorry you don't see things my way, but what Dahoss did was inexcusable, no matter how many celebrities or politicians that Tom has insulted in his time here.

Insulting public figures is NOT the same as insulting a fellow board member in a highly personal and vicious manner...and might I add, Tom did not provoke Dahoss initially or say anything to him that would justify Dahoss' initial salvos.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:18 AM   #156
kingfin66
Bombardier

Quote:
All of your reported posts are looked over, I can tell you that. I get an email every time a post is reported. You claiming nothing ever happens is patently untrue. Maybe not for the ones you reported, for whatever reason, but I look at all reported posts and take action when required (in my opinion).

As for all your other complaints, duly noted.

I can't please everyone...I learned that a long time ago. It's a total waste of time.

So, I just run this place the way I've been running it for 17+ years and let the chips fall where they may.

If someone else wants to go out and create a free forum for horseplayers, be my guest. Others have tried, but PaceAdvantage.com is still the top link on google when it comes to horse racing talk/forum/forums whatever.

So I must be doing something right.
I'm not sure that there were all that many complaints, but I do appreciate the response. I just thought I would ask what I believe to be a fair question, that's all. Although it was done in the context of what has happened in this thread, it could have been many threads that prompted the inquiry.

I am in no way condoning any personal attacks. I will also be the first to admit that I have not been perfect in this regard in my 13+ years as a member of this board. I am also not saying that you doing everything wrong. I was simply trying to get a better understanding. Personally, I think your response is pretty strong, but I can understand that my question probably put you on the defensive.
Old 01-19-2017, 07:58 AM   #157
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Hmmmmmm.
Can I sue someone?
Old 01-19-2017, 10:11 AM   #158
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm not sure that there were all that many complaints, but I do appreciate the response. I just thought I would ask what I believe to be a fair question, that's all. Although it was done in the context of what has happened in this thread, it could have been many threads that prompted the inquiry.

I am in no way condoning any personal attacks. I will also be the first to admit that I have not been perfect in this regard in my 13+ years as a member of this board. I am also not saying that you doing everything wrong. I was simply trying to get a better understanding. Personally, I think your response is pretty strong, but I can understand that my question probably put you on the defensive.
I've been getting questioned a lot lately...

People think I favor Tom because he's conservative...people think I favor Dahoss because he hates EMD...people think I hate Dahoss because he reveals a huge "secret" that I can read private messages if I want to (NEWS FLASH, I've posted on this board multiple times that as owner, operator and possessor of the database, of course I have the ability to read private messages if I want to go through the trouble of doing that...it's not all that easy as opening a thread, but I would think a halfway intelligent person would assume I have access to private messages since this is my website)...

In short, there has been a lot of questioning of me lately, and it's getting a bit ponderous...sorry if I came off a little over the top.

I do the best I can...I try and remain consistent...am I perfect? Hell no. Are there some good months, bad months...good years, bad years around here? Hell yes...

As they say in NY, it is what it is...
Old 01-19-2017, 04:10 PM   #159
kingfin66
Bombardier

They actually say that everywhere, but it probably started in NY. Same deal with the "the bottom line." I appreciate the response and am finished with this line of questioning.
Old 01-19-2017, 04:16 PM   #160
pondman

Never in the history of the US has a President brought a cadre of such HOT chicks to office than D T-- keep on wacking the doodle.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:09 PM   #161
burnsy
self medicated

Liberals:

Wear a helmet, we are all going to die.
The Govt should buy everyone birth control.
We gotta worry about, well, every other country out there. Give them money!
Someone had the nerve to put a Christmas tree in the city square and there's a Santa Clause out there.
Johnny can't have that, its not gluten free.
He hates women. Gee, half of his most powerful people are women he hired though.
The terrorist! we have to track everyone to protect you from yourself!

Conservatives:
He's going to start Sharia Law.
He's a Muslim.
We gotta worry about every other country out there. Give them money! (oh, just like the other Jack o Moles)
He is going to declare Marshall Law and stay President.
They are after your gun....somehow that ones worked for about 40 years now.
The terrorist! we have to track you to protect you from yourself. (Both sides want to scare people to rule them)

It just goes on and on....freaking moronic whack jobs on either side......too dumb, with way, way to much spare time to be allowed to think out loud....

We need more guns in school.......to protect us from grizzly bears!...

Last edited by burnsy; 01-19-2017 at 06:17 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2017, 06:21 PM   #162
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Sometimes a turd needs polishing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deYaFmqpdFE
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 08:16 AM   #163
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Dahoss' personal attack on Tom is one of the two most vicious I have ever witnessed on here. The other was the attack on mostpost a few years ago, and I stepped in and defended him when that happened, and I think you would say that mostpost and I do NOT see eye to eye on off-topic.

I'm sorry you don't see things my way, but what Dahoss did was inexcusable, no matter how many celebrities or politicians that Tom has insulted in his time here.

Insulting public figures is NOT the same as insulting a fellow board member in a highly personal and vicious manner...and might I add, Tom did not provoke Dahoss initially or say anything to him that would justify Dahoss' initial salvos.
What do you expect? When you let people start a thread called "wack a doodle liberals"? Gee, that's going to go well! As if the other side is not a bunch of nut jobs themselves. I posted the short list of ridiculousness here. Its hilarious that there's always a "side" to blame when both sides are so full of it. You are a liberal, you idiot..........Hey, you dumb conservative. How about this one? Both of these sides are a box of rocks that's been taken advantage of for like 50 years. Which is 100% more accurate than both sides put together. More accurate than anything I can read here. If one thinks that any of this matters, they are a Rube. Don't stop betting though, please, we need these kind of geniuses in the wagering pool.......

I tried to force this thread to close
but you insisted.

Now, the Romper Room crowd is flinging feces at each other......again!

This is the best Horse Racing forum but when you let the "politicians" pontificate. You are just asking for trouble, and more than half of it doesn't make sense because both sides are corrupt and corrupt with morons that can't see it. But by all means, to the ones that actually do play the horses, please keep doing so.....Rube=someone that does not cash often.

I can't even watch TV today, why? It will be the same garbage all day. Finger pointing, crying, bitching, complaining, but, of course nothing positive will come from it, as the country slides further down the heap of shit holes. Yeah, those liberals and conservatives.........they have all the answers......

"Change we can believe in! Yes we can!"

"Make America great again!"

"Santa saves the world!" Gee, should I vote for that? I don't know is Santa liberal or conservative?.............

Half of them never have an opinion about a game or a horse race but somehow they know everything about politics and policy......real experts.......go figure.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 09:02 AM   #164
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy
What do you expect? When you let people start a thread called "wack a doodle liberals"? Gee, that's going to go well! .....

but you insisted.

This is the best Horse Racing forum but when you let the "politicians" pontificate. You are just asking for trouble, and more than half of it doesn't make sense because both sides are corrupt and corrupt with morons that can't see it. But by all means, to the ones that actually do play the horses, please keep doing so.....Rube=someone that does not cash often.

I can't even watch TV today, why? It will be the same garbage all day. Finger pointing, crying, bitching, complaining, but, of course nothing positive will come from it, as the country slides further down the heap of shit holes. Yeah, those liberals and conservatives.........they have all the answers......

"Change we can believe in! Yes we can!"

"Make America great again!"

"Santa saves the world!" Gee, should I vote for that? I don't know is Santa liberal or conservative?.............

Half of them never have an opinion about a game or a horse race but somehow they know everything about politics and policy......real experts.......go figure.
Dude, it's called free speech. Here's another freedom for you and anyone else, you can choose not to read posts. Same for the tv you complain about. 40 years ago the mantra was "turn the channel, or don't turn on the tv" if you don't like what's on

How hard is that? I mean, really?

The beauty of this board is, and always has been, there's something for everyone. Including YOU. You post in the OT sports... You don't see politics being spoken. Just sports. Go for it, we all love posting there...Racing board? You won't find a better board anywhere.

maddog posted a Trump is collapsing thread theother day. Guess what? You can read it and reply, or pass it over. It's a choice. It's still America here, relax
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #165
Jess Hawsen Arown

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy

but you insisted.
There you go -- right there in black and white. The true definition of a TODAY'S hate-America liberal. As Americans with American values already knew, liberals believe in free speech as long as you agree with them.

I have seen tons of anti-Trump rhetoric here and in many other places, but real Americans know that we all have the right to free speech.

I'm glad to offer you the same rights so the rest of us can see what liberals believe in.
Jess Hawsen Arown is offline   Reply With Quote Reply