Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board


Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   States With Surcharges (restrict bettors) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129209)

pandy 02-26-2016 08:05 AM

States With Surcharges (restrict bettors)
 
This is directed to HANA. Pennsylvania passed a new racing bill this week that eliminates their ominous 10% tax. This should allow bettors in the state of PA. to get their betting accounts with rebate ADW's back.

My question to HANA is, do you have a list of all states that have surcharges that restrict bettors from doing business with out of state ADWs?

DeanT 03-04-2016 02:50 PM

That's a good question Bob.

VA was the first, but others have followed suit. There are differing source market fees of a different nature as well. It's all a big morass. Let me have a look to see if I can come up with something. Jeff has been into this more than me (mainly from complaints from internet/ADW bettors)

pandy 03-04-2016 03:04 PM

Thank you.

Afleet 06-04-2017 01:22 PM

Fairmount Park and I believe Trackside in Illinois, have a tax on winning tickets! So after I pay a 20-25% take I get to pay a fee on cashing a ticket-unbelieveable

pandy 06-04-2017 05:00 PM

As it turned out, even though Pa. dropped the 10% charge, they still have other charges that prohibit most ADW's from accepting customers from the state of Pennsylvania. So once again, we see that the state of PA. does not understand the racing business or it's customer base.

LemonSoupKid 10-03-2017 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afleet (Post 2179700)
Fairmount Park and I believe Trackside in Illinois, have a tax on winning tickets! So after I pay a 20-25% take I get to pay a fee on cashing a ticket-unbelieveable

Yes, OTB in IL is extra 2.5%

Aggravating

At least now I'll feel better that when I hit I cash and walking out of there, not looking back, I think you know what I'm saying.

Ian Meyers 10-18-2017 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pandy (Post 2179882)
As it turned out, even though Pa. dropped the 10% charge, they still have other charges that prohibit most ADW's from accepting customers from the state of Pennsylvania. So once again, we see that the state of PA. does not understand the racing business or it's customer base.


Pennsylvania charges non-racetracks $500,000 for an initial ADW license. That's NOT a typo. Annual renewals a much more modest $100k.

I can't imagine why more ADWs haven't signed up for that. :lol:

pandy 10-18-2017 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian Meyers (Post 2232500)
Pennsylvania charges non-racetracks $500,000 for an initial ADW license. That's NOT a typo. Annual renewals a much more modest $100k.

I can't imagine why more ADWs haven't signed up for that. :lol:

With three thoroughbred tracks and three harness tracks, all with slots, you have to wonder why PA. makes such poor decisions regarding their racing product. The racing commission falls under the umbrella of the Agriculture commission. Perhaps that's the problem. The "commission" clearly doesn't seem to understand the racing business.

LemonSoupKid 06-13-2018 11:28 AM

Does anyone know how much a track (like Gulfstream) or greyhound track, that simulcasts horses as well, charges over the top as surcharge in the state of Florida for winning wagers on a track outside the state?

I saw an old law that stated online that it is "no more than 3%" but was wondering what they typically do --- I'm guessing between 2-3%.

Thanks.

Zman179 08-02-2018 08:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid (Post 2328765)
Does anyone know how much a track (like Gulfstream) or greyhound track, that simulcasts horses as well, charges over the top as surcharge in the state of Florida for winning wagers on a track outside the state?

I saw an old law that stated online that it is "no more than 3%" but was wondering what they typically do --- I'm guessing between 2-3%.

Thanks.

Iíve never been hit with a surcharge in Florida. They pay track prices.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Which handicapping software has given you the best ROI?
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.