Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off Topic - General (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Goodbye to ABC TV (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=87008)

llegend39 09-04-2011 06:13 AM

Goodbye to ABC TV

Goodbye to ABC TV

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins-

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS
This is what we get from the present stuff going on in Washington . What next? It still scares me!!

Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As You know she works for ABC .

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.

SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?

I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES.
WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND
EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE!
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN.
ABC=American Broadcasting Company? NO! Now it should be named the
ALIEN BROADCASTING COMPANY! Who is in charge, George Soros?

Shemp Howard 09-04-2011 07:52 AM

The "no lapel pin" policy is the new policy of the corrupt ruling class.

sandpit 09-04-2011 09:26 AM

Screw ABC, ESPN, Disney and all the rest of their mega-conglomerate, anti-American/pro-greed philosophy.

BlueShoe 09-04-2011 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by llegend39
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA.

No Stars and Stripes, but it is perfectly okay to wear the Hammer & Sickle? :rolleyes:

GaryG 09-04-2011 10:33 AM

I would like to hear the liberal apologists comment on this....anyone? Maybe not, as it is truly indefensible.

Robert Goren 09-04-2011 11:10 AM

Nothing screams "phony patriotism" like a flag pin on a politician. Some how we are suppose to forget they are crooks just because they are wearing a flag pin on their lapel.

I just wish I had thought of them first. That guy must be rolling in dough. Do they have them for the Confederate flag? Maybe I could make a buck or two selling them.

rastajenk 09-04-2011 11:26 AM

But if the flag pin is on a news reader, is that "phony patriotism?" Who are you to determine the phoniness of someone's intentions?

FantasticDan 09-04-2011 11:57 AM

This chain mail has been circulating since 9/11:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.asp

Obama was tacked on to the message during the campaign when he was attacked for not always wearing one. As President, he wears one all the time.

[YT=""]lSnB9XCMRaI[/YT]

Robert Goren 09-04-2011 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rastajenk
But if the flag pin is on a news reader, is that "phony patriotism?" Who are you to determine the phoniness of someone's intentions?

Probably. I am an US citizen who is 63 years old and over the years I have seen my fair share of phonys. It has been my experence the louder they shout something the more likely they have figure out a way to turn the shouting into cash. If you want to support our troops give the money to the USO or VFW or some other group that helps the the troops instead of buying a flag pin made in China.

boxcar 09-04-2011 12:48 PM

Quote:

Goodbye to ABC TV

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins-

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS
This is what we get from the present stuff going on in Washington . What next? It still scares me!!

Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As You know she works for ABC .

YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.

SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?

I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES.
WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND
EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE!
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN.
ABC=American Broadcasting Company? NO! Now it should be named the
ALIEN BROADCASTING COMPANY! Who is in charge, George Soros?

The incongruity between this policy and libs' incessant claims to patriotism should be evident to all. Libs will be the first ones to pound their chest claiming to be at least as patriotic as their best conservative counterpart. In fact, BO himself back in '08 (I think it was) during a campaign speech when he lamented and decried the terrible 8 Tril debt Bush saddled us with, claimed that such policy was downright unpatriotic, implying that he was patriotic since he was dead against such sinful, wasteful, unconscionable spending.

And didn't Biden once say that the more taxes we pay, the more patriotic we are, clearly implying that Conservatives who hate taxes are unpatriotic?

If anything at all, ABC should have a policy demanding their people wear the flag pins! :rolleyes:

Boxcar

magwell 09-04-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Probably. I am an US citizen who is 63 years old and over the years I have seen my fair share of phonys. It has been my experence the louder they shout something the more likely they have figure out a way to turn the shouting into cash. If you want to support our troops give the money to the USO or VFW or some other group that helps the the troops instead of buying a flag pin made in China.

I'm trying to understand this,according to you this is just fine it, doesn't rub you the wrong way ?

Robert Goren 09-04-2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magwell
I'm trying to understand this,according to you this is just fine it, doesn't rub you the wrong way ?

It does not rub me the wrong way. What rubs me the wrong way is calling someone not unpatriotic for not wearing one. Why should anyone be forced wear something made in China to considered an American patriot?

skate 09-04-2011 02:07 PM

Quote:

Goodbye to ABC TV

"Remain Neutral" :lol: good gravy, here i am enjoying my last cup of coffee, dazed....will:D life go on as we know it?

boxcar 09-04-2011 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
It does not rub me the wrong way. What rubs me the wrong way is calling someone not unpatriotic for not wearing one. Why should anyone be forced wear something made in China to considered an American patriot?

I wasn't aware ABC had previously forced anyone to wear anything...except possibly clothes, of course. :rolleyes: So, it appears that what does rub you the wrong way is if someone freely chooses to wear such a pin?

Boxcar

magwell 09-04-2011 06:51 PM

I heard a guy on the radio that said "liberalism is a mental disorder" now I understand what he meant......:cool: