Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 09-04-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
llegend39
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: nj
Posts: 348
Rep Power: 0 llegend39 is on a distinguished road
Goodbye to ABC TV

Goodbye to ABC TV

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins-

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS
This is what we get from the present stuff going on in Washington . What next? It still scares me!!

Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As You know she works for ABC .

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.

SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?

I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES.
WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND
EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE!
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN.
ABC=American Broadcasting Company? NO! Now it should be named the
ALIEN BROADCASTING COMPANY! Who is in charge, George Soros?
llegend39 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 07:52 AM   #2
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie
 
Shemp Howard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 1,598
Rep Power: 0 Shemp Howard is on a distinguished road
The "no lapel pin" policy is the new policy of the corrupt ruling class.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 09:26 AM   #3
sandpit
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,755
Rep Power: 12 sandpit is on a distinguished road
Screw ABC, ESPN, Disney and all the rest of their mega-conglomerate, anti-American/pro-greed philosophy.
sandpit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #4
BlueShoe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Anaheim,California
Posts: 4,675
Rep Power: 17 BlueShoe is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA.
No Stars and Stripes, but it is perfectly okay to wear the Hammer & Sickle?
BlueShoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 10:33 AM   #5
GaryG
Unreconstructed
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Appalachia
Posts: 6,058
Rep Power: 21 GaryG will become famous soon enoughGaryG will become famous soon enough
I would like to hear the liberal apologists comment on this....anyone? Maybe not, as it is truly indefensible.
__________________
Don't let the barricades of life keep the wild spirit still...Jay Farrar
GaryG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 11:10 AM   #6
Robert Goren
Racing Form Detective
 
Robert Goren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, Ne but my heart is at Santa Anita
Posts: 16,316
Rep Power: 30 Robert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura about
Nothing screams "phony patriotism" like a flag pin on a politician. Some how we are suppose to forget they are crooks just because they are wearing a flag pin on their lapel.

I just wish I had thought of them first. That guy must be rolling in dough. Do they have them for the Confederate flag? Maybe I could make a buck or two selling them.
__________________
Some day in the not too distant future, horse players will betting on computer generated races over the net. Race tracks will become casinos and shopping centers. And some crooner will be belting out "there used to be a race track here".
Robert Goren is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #7
rastajenk
Just Deplorable
 
rastajenk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Lebanon, Ohio
Posts: 6,238
Rep Power: 23 rastajenk will become famous soon enoughrastajenk will become famous soon enough
But if the flag pin is on a news reader, is that "phony patriotism?" Who are you to determine the phoniness of someone's intentions?
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #8
FantasticDan
gelding
 
FantasticDan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5,933
Rep Power: 15 FantasticDan is on a distinguished road
This chain mail has been circulating since 9/11:

http://www.snopes.com/rumors/noflags.asp

Obama was tacked on to the message during the campaign when he was attacked for not always wearing one. As President, he wears one all the time.

[YT=""]lSnB9XCMRaI[/YT]
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
Robert Goren
Racing Form Detective
 
Robert Goren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, Ne but my heart is at Santa Anita
Posts: 16,316
Rep Power: 30 Robert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk
But if the flag pin is on a news reader, is that "phony patriotism?" Who are you to determine the phoniness of someone's intentions?
Probably. I am an US citizen who is 63 years old and over the years I have seen my fair share of phonys. It has been my experence the louder they shout something the more likely they have figure out a way to turn the shouting into cash. If you want to support our troops give the money to the USO or VFW or some other group that helps the the troops instead of buying a flag pin made in China.
__________________
Some day in the not too distant future, horse players will betting on computer generated races over the net. Race tracks will become casinos and shopping centers. And some crooner will be belting out "there used to be a race track here".
Robert Goren is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 12:48 PM   #10
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,728
Rep Power: 53 boxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
Goodbye to ABC TV

ABC News Joins Obama- Bans American Flag Lapel Pins-

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS
This is what we get from the present stuff going on in Washington . What next? It still scares me!!

Barbara Walters said that this was going to hurt ABC bad. As You know she works for ABC .

ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.

SINCE WHEN IS PATRIOTISM TO BE DISCOURAGED?

I URGE YOU TO BOYCOTT ABC AND ITS SPONSORS AND AFFILIATES.
WE ARE SLOWLY LOSING EVERYTHING OUR COUNTRY STANDS FOR AND
EVERYTHING OUR MEN AND WOMEN FOUGHT AND DIED TO PRESERVE!
PLEASE FORWARD THIS TO AS MANY AS YOU CAN.
ABC=American Broadcasting Company? NO! Now it should be named the
ALIEN BROADCASTING COMPANY! Who is in charge, George Soros?
The incongruity between this policy and libs' incessant claims to patriotism should be evident to all. Libs will be the first ones to pound their chest claiming to be at least as patriotic as their best conservative counterpart. In fact, BO himself back in '08 (I think it was) during a campaign speech when he lamented and decried the terrible 8 Tril debt Bush saddled us with, claimed that such policy was downright unpatriotic, implying that he was patriotic since he was dead against such sinful, wasteful, unconscionable spending.

And didn't Biden once say that the more taxes we pay, the more patriotic we are, clearly implying that Conservatives who hate taxes are unpatriotic?

If anything at all, ABC should have a policy demanding their people wear the flag pins!

Boxcar
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #11
magwell
Registered User
 
magwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 13 magwell is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
Probably. I am an US citizen who is 63 years old and over the years I have seen my fair share of phonys. It has been my experence the louder they shout something the more likely they have figure out a way to turn the shouting into cash. If you want to support our troops give the money to the USO or VFW or some other group that helps the the troops instead of buying a flag pin made in China.
I'm trying to understand this,according to you this is just fine it, doesn't rub you the wrong way ?
__________________
I hate losing more than I love winning......
magwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 01:57 PM   #12
Robert Goren
Racing Form Detective
 
Robert Goren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lincoln, Ne but my heart is at Santa Anita
Posts: 16,316
Rep Power: 30 Robert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura aboutRobert Goren has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by magwell
I'm trying to understand this,according to you this is just fine it, doesn't rub you the wrong way ?
It does not rub me the wrong way. What rubs me the wrong way is calling someone not unpatriotic for not wearing one. Why should anyone be forced wear something made in China to considered an American patriot?
__________________
Some day in the not too distant future, horse players will betting on computer generated races over the net. Race tracks will become casinos and shopping centers. And some crooner will be belting out "there used to be a race track here".

Last edited by Robert Goren; 09-04-2011 at 01:58 PM.
Robert Goren is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 02:07 PM   #13
skate
s.e. pa.
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: flag, az/hatfield, pa.
Posts: 5,122
Rep Power: 0 skate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by llegend39
Goodbye to ABC TV


ABC NEWS BANS FLAG LAPEL PINS!
YESTERDAY THE BRASS AT ABC NEWS ISSUED ORDERS FORBIDDING REPORTERS TO WEAR LAPEL PIN AMERICAN FLAGS OR OTHER PATRIOTIC INSIGNIA. THEIR REASONING WAS THAT ABC SHOULD REMAIN NEUTRAL ABOUT 'CAUSES'.
"Remain Neutral" good gravy, here i am enjoying my last cup of coffee, dazed....will life go on as we know it?
skate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 02:13 PM   #14
boxcar
Registered User
 
boxcar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 32,728
Rep Power: 53 boxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really niceboxcar is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Goren
It does not rub me the wrong way. What rubs me the wrong way is calling someone not unpatriotic for not wearing one. Why should anyone be forced wear something made in China to considered an American patriot?
I wasn't aware ABC had previously forced anyone to wear anything...except possibly clothes, of course. So, it appears that what does rub you the wrong way is if someone freely chooses to wear such a pin?

Boxcar
__________________
There is no such thing as an isolated handicapping factor, for all factors are related to one another to one degree or another, and all especially to the form factor. -- Ray Taulbot
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2011, 06:51 PM   #15
magwell
Registered User
 
magwell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,202
Rep Power: 13 magwell is on a distinguished road
I heard a guy on the radio that said "liberalism is a mental disorder" now I understand what he meant......
__________________
I hate losing more than I love winning......
magwell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Reply




Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

» Advertisement
» Current Polls
Who wins the "Best Jockey Karaoke Performance." East or West?
Del Mar Jockeys and the West win - 34.38%
11 Votes
Saratoga Jockeys and the East win - 65.63%
21 Votes
Total Votes: 32
This poll is closed.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 1999 - 2018 -- PaceAdvantage.Com -- All Rights Reserved -- Best Viewed in a modern browser @ 1280x720 Resolution Or Higher
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program
designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.