Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW) (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=57)
-   -   ADW dumps me (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107412)

Ray2000 10-11-2013 06:56 PM

ADW dumps me

MutuelOnline is no longer taking Pa residents

They say the Source Market Fee that is being imposed by Pennsylvania (10%?)

makes it impossible to do business with me...... :blush: : :mad: : :blush:

Are they still a Sponser here?

iceknight 10-11-2013 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray2000
MutuelOnline is no longer taking Pa residents

They say the Source Market Fee that is being imposed by Pennsylvania (10%?)

makes it impossible to do business with me...... :blush: : :mad: : :blush:

Are they still a Sponser here?

haha, you live in a generally backwards state.. where you cannot buy beer and wine at the same store, cannot bet via most adws if you live within 35 mi of the state monopoly gamer - Meadows or something like that.. wait..how come i know all this? :bang: :bang:

centre county.

Jeff P 10-11-2013 08:21 PM

It's not your ADW, Ray. (They aren't the ones behind this.)

It's the Pennsylvania Tracks and Horsemen. THEY are the ones who lobbied the legislature for the 10% source market fee.

They did it fully knowing that it would cause many ADWs to stop doing business with Pennsylvania residents.

Looking at it - and given that Pennsylvania horsemen have been getting millions of dollars in slots subsidies over the years- and given the insane trifecta takeout at PEN and PARX (it's 30%.)...

I'm wondering if the right thing to do is ask all players everywhere to consider a national players boycott of Pennsylvania tracks. (Texas too.)

Jeff Platt
Pres. HANA

tanner12oz 10-11-2013 08:54 PM

Crap I'm pa also...any other adws dump is? Only reason I am adw is because meadows closed multiple otbs near me in the past few years..kinda silly to close the otbs and then boot the adws away also..
ease of access is typically something businesses want for there customers...lol not this industry

Robert Goren 10-12-2013 12:36 AM

The problem may not be with the fee itself, but with the amount of paperwork it requires.

Ray2000 10-12-2013 07:32 AM

Thx for info, Jeff, Robert

I have accounts with 4 (now 3) ADWs that take wagers from Pa residents and this appears to be an individual business decision, not a total ban, so I can see reduced rebates coming but maybe not a complete halt to my game.

We'll see how it goes.

Clocker 10-12-2013 12:05 PM

I am watching TVG, and just saw an ad for PABets.com. I don't remember ever seeing that. Is that a new ADW just for PA residents?

Ray2000 10-12-2013 01:19 PM

thx for the tip, clocker

they'll let me bet but..... "no soup for you" :D (pennsylvania)

https://pabets.tvg.com/resource-cent...vicesavailable

startngate 10-14-2013 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff P
It's not your ADW, Ray. (They aren't the ones behind this.)

It's the Pennsylvania Tracks and Horsemen. THEY are the ones who lobbied the legislature for the 10% source market fee.

They did it fully knowing that it would cause many ADWs to stop doing business with Pennsylvania residents.

Looking at it - and given that Pennsylvania horsemen have been getting millions of dollars in slots subsidies over the years- and given the insane trifecta takeout at PEN and PARX (it's 30%.)...

I'm wondering if the right thing to do is ask all players everywhere to consider a national players boycott of Pennsylvania tracks. (Texas too.)

Jeff Platt
Pres. HANA

Add New York to that list. I'm sure many ADWs will be looking at shutting down there as well at the end of the year.

AceInTheHole 10-15-2013 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startngate
Add New York to that list. I'm sure many ADWs will be looking at shutting down there as well at the end of the year.

Call me out of the loop here but what potential ADW issues are NY people looking at ?

startngate 10-15-2013 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AceInTheHole
Call me out of the loop here but what potential ADW issues are NY people looking at ?

$20,000 yearly license fee + 5% source market fee starting in 2014.

Robert Goren 10-15-2013 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by startngate
$20,000 yearly license fee + 5% source market fee starting in 2014.

What is it now?

startngate 10-15-2013 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Goren
What is it now?

Nothing.

Robert Goren 10-15-2013 03:54 PM

I have heard that NYRA already charges very high fees for it signal. If that is true and this goes on top of it, it would make rough on the ADWs. Is this new "tax" just NY residents or is it on anybody that bets their signal?

startngate 10-15-2013 09:12 PM

All wagers (not just New York tracks) from NY residents.

Basically if you play someplace where you get rebates, figure they are going down 5% across the board, or your ADW of choice may leave the State altogether.