Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/index.php)
-   **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL** (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Hence (http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=137695)

boys at tosconova 04-25-2017 05:20 PM

c'mon....let's be real here. hence benefited from a fast past in the sunland derby. he chugged by several cheap and dead horses from the back of the back going 1 1/8. yes it was nice that he sustained the move, but i'm not really to proclaim this horse as a must use in the KD.

imo he's just another closer in a race that has plenty of good closers. that doesn't mean you can't use him. but if your resident gambling degen that never wins starts to like him, because of what he heard or read it's a good bet he won't.

and lol @ irat that race. this pig couldn't get by hedge fund.

Julz 04-25-2017 06:06 PM

Hi Stan-with regard to the 3 second place finishers with prospector X-all 3 have special conduit mares. I've noticed in the past, many that fill out the tris and supers have the conduit mares designated by Bill lathrop. See the year I'll have another won. All 4 finishers had a special conduit along with ran. Orbs year I believe 3 out of 4 had a conduit. Point being we can't discount a prospector x if they have one of the conduit mares.

sbcaris 04-25-2017 06:15 PM

jules: Certainly something to consider before making ones final decisions on Derby day is the conduit mare in tail-female.

Blenheim 04-25-2017 06:42 PM

Short on class.

Julz 04-25-2017 06:43 PM

Thanks for the quick reply, Stan. Even though he doesn't have a designated conduit, I'm giving special attention this year to Gunnevera. He has one of the most powerful moves I've seen in some time. I've watched replays of the delta jackpot, Saratoga special, and the fountain of youth. They were all derby winning moves in my opinion. The holy bull was first off the layoff, and he was checked sharply, yet still finished well. The Floida derby was a throw out for me. It was a heavily speed favoring track, coupled withe the fact he didn't need the race for points makes it all that more impressive. In addition, as of the Florida derby, post positions 9 though 12 in dirt route races had only 3 winners out of 122 starters. It was impossible to win from out there. Couple that with the fact that he still was able to come home the final 3/8ths in 36 and change, the final 1/8th in 12 and change, and the final 5 furlongs in a little over 58 seconds makes him a serious win candidate. No RAN or conduit, but he does have buck passer X. As long as he can navigate some traffic, I believe he will win the derby. Look forward to your checklist, and best of luck as always.

Jules

Robert Fischer 04-25-2017 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julz (Post 2158204)
I think the problem is that you've already picked your key horse and are looking for negatives of other horses in order to fit your picks. When it comes to the derby you can't fall in love with your pick. I watched both of his works and both were excellent. I also have clockers I speak to and they gave rave reviews. I've made the mistake you made many times in the past and have paid for it when I fell in love with a horse. He is actually not my pick to win, but I cannot say anything he has done wrong either. He smoked Irap who won the bluegrass and conquest who gave classic empire, the eventual chalk for the derby, all he could handle. I feel like you're looking for negatives because you've already made your selection based on previous posts. My point is, pick your winner, pick your horse, but don't back into it and find negatives on other horses when he has done nothing but win convincingly and train well, and in great times. If this is actually one of the horses you're concerned about, throw him in some exotics on top and hope for the best, while playing your selection more heavily.

"Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof."
- John Kenneth Galbraith

CONFIRMATION BIAS, also called confirmatory bias or myside bias,[Note 1] is the tendency to search for, interpret, favor, and recall information in a way that confirms one's preexisting beliefs or hypotheses.[1] It is a type of cognitive bias and a systematic error of inductive reasoning. -wiki

reckless 04-26-2017 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senditin (Post 2157890)
Looks like Hence is a sure play for top 3 positions in the Kentucky Derby especially with Geroux on board. Seems Hence will be an underlay at 8-1 though. Smart money will be on tote.

Not questioning what you're saying but if Hence is at 7-1, 8-1... doesn't that mean that one of the top 3 -- Classic Empire, Always Dreaming, Irish War Cry -- will also be at 8-1 or greater?

While it will be very easy for me to throw out Hence at 8-1 or less as an underlay, if one of the Top 3 is greater than 10-1 or so, then I might have to throw that one out too, as being 'dead' on the board. No?

boys at tosconova 05-03-2017 06:13 PM

hence drew well.

he might utilize some of his natural speed so that he's not that far back. and if he improves and the sunny delight derby wasn't just a pace meltdown win, he could be in really nice shape