PDA

View Full Version : So how MUCH is a Senate seat worth

sammy the sage
08-15-2012, 10:18 AM
at least 61 million $$$ and counting...talk about trying to buy an election...

http://news.yahoo.com/linda-mcmahon-spent-61-million-trying-elected-042018759.html

but then again...quessing at 1/100th or less of what's being spent to win the presidency...that's about right...

DJofSD
08-15-2012, 11:18 AM
How much money has Harry Reid made while in office? Estimates are from $3 to 10 million.

See: http://www.nationalreview.com/articles/314025/how-did-harry-reid-get-rich-betsy-woodruff

Tom
08-15-2012, 11:41 AM
How much legally? :rolleyes:

And Obama and his wide load.......when your elected officials get right while in office, your system is broken.

ArlJim78
08-15-2012, 11:44 AM
yeah the senate has been great for Dingy Harry. Came into the senate a poor man, just wanting to serve the people. Now somehow he's a multi millioniare off of a senate salary of less than $200K per year.
I've said many times, for those who have no special skills save for the gift of gab and a willingness to lie and tow the line, public service on behalf of the poor and downtrodden is a golden ticket to wealth. and another benefit is that you are innoculated from public scrutiny because after all you're merely toiling away to help others in a truly altruistic manner, to help our children. no one should dare question your ethics or backdoor deals with the Chinese.:rolleyes:

lamboguy
08-15-2012, 12:38 PM
i want to add that when JON the slime CORZIME first ran for the senate, he spent over $100 million of his own money to get that job and he had plenty of money before he hit the senate.

look at what he wound up doing to this country? i know of people that still haven't gotten their money back from this clearing house that he ran. i would love to know who wound up with all those billions that were lost? they had 2 days of senate investigations and i haven't hear a word since.

PaceAdvantage
08-15-2012, 01:39 PM
Maybe if JCorzine were a Republican, you would have had more of a follow-up, especially by the MSM... :lol:

ArlJim78
08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Yeah not much coverage of good ole Corzine. Gee I wonder why that is?

don
08-15-2012, 04:13 PM
How much?

Ask Blogovich.:cool: