PDA

View Full Version : Poll: NewPace Workshop

Dave Schwartz
02-22-2012, 01:47 PM
If I get sufficient interest, I will do a live NewPace workshop.

The workshop will be on a Tuesday March 20th 6:00pm (PST). I will check dates against the March Madness schedule.

Note that this workshop will only be open to registered owners of NewPace. The cost will be $27 to attend live and/or download the video. Another $8 will get you a CD mailed.

Please help me with an agenda. Either post here or send me an email with your ideas.

I strongly suggest that you attend live so that you may ask questions.

regards,
Dave Schwartz

SilentRun
02-22-2012, 10:42 PM
Dave,,

Just voted to attend I think "Wouldn't Miss It" now is about 35%.

Some Suggestions:

Go over race examples regarding your 5 step approach post in Pace@Cap.

More details regarding the swing horse. When should the horse be considered
a candidate as opposed to a throw out. I find that at times the swing horse is a good win/itm candidate. Other times the swing horse looks weak with the last 5, 6 races at the back end of the field yet it wins at a high mutual. This amazes me as an RDSS user the horse is a clear throwout.

Ernie

Dave Schwartz
02-22-2012, 11:46 PM
I also posted that here:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=91814

Another strategy I will share is races where you toss ALL the front runners. the scenario that produces that generally is an indicator of giant mutuels. Comes up about 1 race in every 17-18.

I have some other strategies I will share as well.

It will be a worthwhile event.

Dave

headhawg
02-24-2012, 09:26 AM
I cannot attend the live workshop due to my work schedule but I would definitely purchase the video so count me in on that.

punteray
02-24-2012, 11:44 AM
I'm in

Tom
02-24-2012, 01:49 PM
I'm hedging right now.
Will there be refreshments?

Dave Schwartz
02-24-2012, 06:54 PM
You know I always try to provide some clam chowder and crab in the back of the room for ALL live attendees.

Uh, which will be just the one at this event.

Handiman
02-24-2012, 07:22 PM
If there's going to be food, especially Crab and Clam Chowder, there may just be TWO attendees...:lol:

Handi:)

Dave Schwartz
02-24-2012, 08:00 PM
Handi,

If you are going to show up here on March 20th, I will make sure there is crab for two.

Dave

Handiman
02-26-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm actually going to pencil it in on my calendar! I will let you know for sure as we get closer to the date.

Dave Schwartz
02-26-2012, 08:17 PM
I'll look forward to it.

Tom
02-27-2012, 09:24 AM
Handi,

If you are going to show up here on March 20th, I will make sure there is crab for two.

Dave

My Fed Ex number is 768556J. ;)

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2012, 10:17 AM
http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/NP2-Advancements%20Workshop.jpg

The NewPace Advanancements Workshop (http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/newpace-advancements-workshop/) is now available in our online store.

Cost is $27 until March 12.

CD Version is just $8 more. (http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/newpace-advancements-workshop-cd/)

Remember that this workshop is only open to registered owners of NewPace.

If you purchase NewPace and the workshop you will receive a coupon for $27 off your next purchase after the workshop.

If you purchased NewPace within the last 30 days you are also eligible to receive the coupon.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2012, 10:23 AM
http://www.horsestreet.com/BBSImages/NP2-Advancements%20Workshop-text.jpg

hencicleva
03-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Could you give us the day in advance that you will use so that we can run throught it first with NP ourselves? This would certainly help me figure out some questions in adavance.

headhawg
03-05-2012, 11:40 AM
Check the first post.

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
That is a good idea. I will most likely use the Thursday before but will make it official in an email.

Remember that the goal of the workshop is to teach technique rather than prove a methodology, so what I will be looking for are races that provide good examples.

However, I promise that I will send everyone signed up an email as soon as all of that is etched in stone.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2012, 12:02 PM
Is there something wrong in the first post?

headhawg
03-05-2012, 02:48 PM
No Dave. There was a post right before mine asking about the workshop date so I just wrote that the info was in the first post. Perhaps that information has changed?

Dave Schwartz
03-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the response, HeadHawg. LOL - You know, I am famous for mistakes like that. Like the time I put the wrong year as a due date or the time I posted that a seminar would be November 31st.

Date and time are: Tuesday, March 20, 6pm (pacific time).

Richard
03-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Dave,by all means count me in.

hencicleva
03-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Could you discuss Maiden races, unless you simply don't play them. There are obvious problems with lightly raced horses, but even when all horses have a lot of starts there are often no real eary horses showing. Is there a strategy to get around this other than just don't play them?

Dave Schwartz
03-08-2012, 09:41 AM
It is on the agenda.

andrewholley2003
03-09-2012, 12:20 PM
Mr. Schwartz I wanted to say I just purchased New Pace and I'm enjoying the videos a lot. I also purchased the workshop. I want to thank you for this product.

Dave Schwartz
03-09-2012, 12:42 PM
Thank you for the kind words. I am sure you will get a lot from the upcoming workshop.

Dave

Dave Schwartz
03-18-2012, 11:21 AM
Just a reminder of this workshop on Tuesday evening, March 20th. (Downloadable video provided the next day as well.)

In this workshop you will get:

1. A new, faster, better object to determine Early candidates.

2. A much more powerful object to picking the final Early contenders.

3. A more powerful late object.

4. A final Order of Preference object that helps point to low-priced horses to be bet against.

5. A system for handling races where Early horses should be ignored.

6. A system for handling races where there will be only 1 Late challenger.

7. A system for handling races where there will be many Late challengers.

8. A system for tossing the extra horses.

... and even more.

All of these include spreadsheets to help you accomplish these tasks.

Apply NewPace in a faster, more powerful manner.

http://store.thehorsehandicappingauthority.com/newpace-advancements-workshop/

Dave Schwartz
03-20-2012, 10:09 PM
Due to technical difficulties with Goto Webinar, we were forced to reschedule our webinar to tomorrow night.

Same bat-time, same bat-station. You should receive an email from Goto Webinar.

Sorry for the inconvenience this caused some of you.

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Tom
03-20-2012, 10:51 PM
No problem-o Dave.......better night for me anyway.

Handiman
03-21-2012, 07:54 PM
Having the workshop cancelled due to tech difficulties was indeed disappointing. Imagine driving 250 miles one way to attend it live. The trip was not wasted by any means. I first want to thank Dave and his lovely wife Beth for their gracious hospitality. The steamed Snow Crab was wonderful as was their company.

Spent a couple of hours discussing handicapping with Dave before the scheduled workshop. Dave does know horse racing that's for sure. While we didn't agree on everything, it was well worth listening to Dave and get to really see where he is coming from in reference to beating the races.

I am not a HSH user and probably won't ever be. Mostly because I can program and love doing it. So writing my own stuff is fun and if I want to test something out, I don't have to wait for someone to accommodate me.

I can say that Dave's software is definitely complex and with some time and effort, I can't imagine someone not being able to use it to move into the Black.

I am back home now and it was a beautiful ride on my motorcycle across Donner Summit in the Sierras. Looking forward to tonight's workshop.

Thanks Again Beth and Dave for treating me so well.

Dave Schwartz
03-22-2012, 12:43 PM
A day late but not a dollar short. LOL

We completed the workshop last night. Videos came out great.

They are uploading now along with the other materials. Later this afternoon I will get an email out to everyone with the link.

Dave

jeebus1083
03-22-2012, 05:14 PM
A day late but not a dollar short. LOL

We completed the workshop last night. Videos came out great.

They are uploading now along with the other materials. Later this afternoon I will get an email out to everyone with the link.

Dave

Sorry I missed last night. Had to be up at 4am for work. No way I would have made through the workshop and been conscious this morning.

Looking forward to the video.

Dave Schwartz
03-22-2012, 06:04 PM
All download emails have been sent.

If you ordered a CD they will go tomorrow. (I also sent you a download email.)

Handiman
03-22-2012, 08:25 PM
Dave could you please send me the emails again. I have trouble getting mail from you for some reason.

Thanks,

Dave Schwartz
03-22-2012, 08:38 PM
Resent.

I would check your spam folder because according to my provider, your email was delivered.

jdhanover
03-22-2012, 10:41 PM
Another excellent session Dave. Will take going back thru it a time or two to pick up everything in it as there was too much to get on the first go-around!

Thx!!!

Handiman
03-23-2012, 01:38 PM
Dave.... I have a question for you.

The methodology taught in the workshop treats all surfaces (except Turf) and distances the same. But it occurs to me that with the large IVR book you produced with the 24 methods, could not the new pace methodology change by race based on the 24 systems you created?

Dave Schwartz
03-23-2012, 02:24 PM
This is kind of where I started: building custom models, track-surface-distance specific.

If you are referring to the tables used to differentiate the horses, yes, I'd say that T-S-D is a better way to go. I actually referenced that in the video when I spoke of the "1,000 systems" I was going to build for myself in HSH.

Imagine a specific set of IV tables for each track-surf-dist, and getting the right ones to fire depending upon today's track. That is exactly what HSH was meant to do! We actually have one professional-level player who uses over 1,300 different systems (object-based rather than IV-based).

What is currently missing from HSH is a way to easily manage 1,000+ IV tables systems. That is, re-running them and managing the analysts automatically. This is coming before Derby Day in HSH.

When all is said and done, the software supports as many analysts (i.e. unique systems) as necessary and fires them whenever they are appropriate.

Sorry for the long answer. It IS a complex problem.

Dave

MrBaseball
03-23-2012, 02:51 PM
Kudos to Mr Schwartz for another fine addition to the HSH arsenal of weapons. Just reviewed Wednesday night's video and applied the concepts to 10 random races last Saturday at CT, DED, and the Mountain. All :10: winners were NEW PACE contenders!! Dave mentioned he is able to get 84% winners from his NEW PACE contenders :ThmbUp: My previous attempts with the "old NEW PACE" product could only manage 70% of winners from my contenders. This was accomplished through testing 2500+ test races/and live play. If, 80%+ is attainable..........well Katie Bar the DOOR :)

Handiman
03-24-2012, 03:47 AM
Dave..... When using the final screen and looking at public choice to see if horse is to low on list, are these Tote Board odds and if so how do you get them in your program?

Dave Schwartz
03-24-2012, 10:32 AM
They are tote board odds. We read the tote board.

Just click a button called "Live Tote" and the odds are updated automatically. Payoffs as well.

Dave

Handiman
03-24-2012, 11:12 AM
Then HSH is using a tote data feed? For guys who write there own software, how available are tote feeds and what sort f cost is involved?

Dave Schwartz
03-24-2012, 11:17 AM
This is not something I can discuss here.

Handiman
03-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Thanks Dave. I can appreciate that. I have gone through the webinar now 3 times. Live and then twice with the download. Each time it makes more sense and light bulbs are going off continually.

Thanks for all the hard work.

jeebus1083
03-25-2012, 05:33 PM
Dave,

With all the improvements that you have made to NewPace, are you still going to sell both the original NewPace seminar and the "advanced" seminar - as separate products - or will you be phasing out the original with the advanced method?

I guess my overall question is: is there still "value" in applying the original NewPace method, even though you have developed a faster, more effective approach?

Dave Schwartz
03-25-2012, 05:43 PM
We're going to have to put them together at some point. This is especially true in light of the fact that this replaces so much of the original methodology.

Haven't figured how we're going to best do that.

Handiman
03-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Question. When you have need of the Extra horse and have to go to the table, do you fix a score for all the horses, even the ones that have come from early and late to that point? Then take the horse with the highest score that is not one of the three contenders already selected?

Dave Schwartz
03-31-2012, 11:22 PM
Yes, although you get the same horse if you just do the ones that are not contenders.

Handiman
04-01-2012, 12:41 AM
Thanks Dave. So either way is fine. That helps a lot.

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2012, 01:03 AM
Yes, and don't forget that need-to-lead horses are not eligible for being put in unless they are being added after a final elim made room for another horse.

While we are on this topic, the private feedback I have had after this workshop leads me to make a very provocative statement: "NewPace has evolved to the point where it may be a real turn-key profit machine."

Regards,
Dave Schwartz

Dave Schwartz
04-01-2012, 12:32 PM
This morning I received an interesting question from one of our NewPace Advanced users:

I had a race where there were no earlys. I put all the horses in Regspdl and took the top two contenders that made 62%. How do you keep the other contenders in the mix to find the other two betting interest.

My answer: "Just go to the late object and take the top 70% of the entire field."

This led to another question:

I marked all the contenders and took the top two late horses that made 70%. I still needed two more horses. How do I precede from here. I think I paste the two late contenders and then go to fourth horse and take the top two. How do I get all the horses in this.

My answer was not really covered on the video because it happens so rarely - where you have a race that only produces 2 contenders.

You go to the 4th horse object to get the 3rd horse, then you look at all the objects to make sure that there isn't a #1 or #2 horse that has been skipped for the 4th.

jdhanover
04-01-2012, 01:02 PM
And usually these races wind up as passes....often the faves are contenders