PDA

View Full Version : CDI does it again.

gillenr
02-04-2012, 02:52 PM
They (Twin Spires) had an account wagering card you could use at their Track & OTBs, or on-line or phone. With it, you had no worries about lost tickets, vouchers or missed scratches.In the interests of their customrs convenience, they have dropped the use at OTBs & track if you don't bet $25k per year.

Striker
02-04-2012, 08:04 PM
They (Twin Spires) had an account wagering card you could use at their Track & OTBs, or on-line or phone. With it, you had no worries about lost tickets, vouchers or missed scratches.In the interests of their customrs convenience, they have dropped the use at OTBs & track if you don't bet $25k per year.
Yep amazing business skills. I have a few friends that go to Arlington a few times a summer and bet say $500-$2000 a day each time they are there. They probably spend $50-$100(say between 2 people) on beer each day also. They are Twin spires members and use their cards on the days they are at Arlington. Well, the points that they would get back at least gets them in Arlington free next time they come. Do you think that they are going to go at all this summer and pay $8 to get in? Not that $8 is alot, it is more the fact that Arlington charges $8 to just walk in the door. Way to eliminate more on track handle.

speed
02-04-2012, 11:01 PM
I believe you can still use the card but you receive no rebates.

gillenr
02-05-2012, 12:08 AM
The cards do not work in the ATMs.

speed
02-05-2012, 02:20 AM
The cards do not work in the ATMs.
I thought i overheard them at CD saying it does. I will check with Eric tomorrow and hopefully remember to report back. Guessing ur right and that would make it insane.

speed
02-05-2012, 02:55 PM
It works no problem at CD

KyRacer
02-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Here's a link from a reprint of an article that appeared in the Louisville Courier Journal back on Nov 10 about the changes in the rewards program. I'm sure Churchill Downs still wants your money so I would think that the cards are still good to call in bets to Twinspires, but down know if they still give any bonus points.

http://www.osga.com/artman/publish/printer_9717.shtml