PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughbred Wizard Fixed

douglasw32
10-01-2011, 09:18 AM
New Zip File is RCV_11.zip, uncompress it anywhere you want, it is everything code and all. (VB6)

Found here...

http://localpcpros.com/uploads/

Along with any of the sheets uploaded from the upload button in the program.

You hit upload then just find the html report in the data folder and drag it over to the left window. (that way you can get it from any internet connected device, ipad, smart phone, laptop later, etc)

Once unzipped

TRWizard.exe is the file to run the program's UI, the user interface is self explanatory (I hope)

Enjoy, let me know how it works.

Handiman
10-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Very nice job Doug. Your reports look nice. I just brought up Santa Anita and you are doing well there. My new program is struggling with all the Graded races and the 2 yo races.

Again good job buddy!

Handi:)

mabred
10-01-2011, 10:16 PM
tried to run the program got this runtime error 76

path not found

Probably me

mabred

douglasw32
10-02-2011, 08:59 AM
tried to run the program got this runtime error 76

path not found

Probably me

mabred

Hmmm maybe I need to package it in an installer.

Try this. http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=24417

If that does not do it... are you on XP, VISTA, WIN 7... What internet browser do you use ? and does it say what path is not found in the error?

I will try to recreate the problem here. at what point in running the program does it happen. I tried really hard to make it all work out of a self contained folder so it could e run even from a usb stick.

douglasw32
10-02-2011, 09:00 AM
Very nice job Doug. Your reports look nice. I just brought up Santa Anita and you are doing well there. My new program is struggling with all the Graded races and the 2 yo races.

Again good job buddy!

Handi:)

Thanks HANDI you have no idea what that means to me coming from you !

fight
10-02-2011, 10:07 AM
i get the same error ty

douglasw32
10-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Ahh I think I reproduced it, If you Open the .ZIP file after downloading and RUN the .exe file from inside the archive without extracting it all to a folder you get the path not found error.

So try this on the Folder you downloaded, Right Click on it and from the menu that comes up choose 'Extract All'.

the run it from the extracted folder that is created.

I will work on packaging it up into an installer.

mabred
10-02-2011, 01:55 PM
doug

i'm on xp and i use ie 8

an installer would help me any way

not really good at all the folders stuff

idiot proof it for me

thanks
mabred

douglasw32
10-03-2011, 07:47 PM
=) You got it, I will work on it tonight

headhawg
03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Doug,

The file doesn't seem to exist in that location. I found a file named RCV_11_Newest.exe but that seems to open up a DOS box and I'm not sure what else it does.

I am interested in the source code as I would like to incorporate it into Handifast HHX v3 (yes, I am actually coding it :) ) if I have your permission. If you could make it available or email it to me directly it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

HH

punteray
03-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Doug could not find file at the suggested location

Ray

douglasw32
03-20-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry everyone, work has been busy, I have completely revamped the program, the number in it and how it functions, it is more accurate than ever and I simply need to package it up and put it back online--with that said I hope I can do it this weekend since your interested in it. I will post the code in a zip file also, it is in VB6 but I will copy it to a txt file also.

douglasw32
03-20-2012, 11:32 PM
I got spunky, find it here.

http://localpcpros.com/uploads/PROGRAM_and_CODE/