PDA

View Full Version : Never made public till now! The Jackie O bombshell interviews

andymays
09-12-2011, 12:56 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/09/12/earlyshow/main20104707.shtml

Excerpt:

NEW YORK -- President John F. Kennedy openly scorned the notion of Vice President Lyndon Baines Johnson succeeding him in office, according to a book of newly-released interviews with his widow, former first lady Jacqueline Kennedy.

In the interviews, she also called civil rights leader Martin Luther King Jr. "terrible," "tricky" and "a phony."

"This book shows Jackie Kennedy unplugged," historian and CBS News analyst Douglas Brinkley told "Early Show" co-anchor Erica Hill Monday.

He said, "A lot of the rawness of her feelings, I think, as a young woman -- she's is only in her 30s when she is doing these tapes in 1964 -- is very different from the more poised and discrete Jackie Kennedy we got to know in the 1980s and 1990s."

She said her husband and his brother, then-Attorney General Robert F. Kennedy, a longtime LBJ antagonist, even discussed ways to prevent Johnson from winning the Democratic nomination in a future contest.

canleakid
09-12-2011, 01:52 PM
Good stuff :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
09-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Nothing new there. It is widely known that JFK didn't like either LBJ or MLK. I believe feeling were mutual. Certainly LBJ hated RFK from day one. But then so did a lot people who knew him personally.

andymays
09-12-2011, 02:02 PM
Nothing new there. It is widely known that JFK didn't like either LBJ or MLK. I believe feeling were mutual. Certainly LBJ hated RFK from day one. But then so did a lot people who knew him personally.

I don't know about "nothing new". Her comments on MLK are new aren't they?

I think this book and or interviews will be very interesting. :ThmbUp:

Robert Goren
09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
I don't know about "nothing new". Her comments on MLK are new aren't they?

I think this book and or interviews will be very interesting. :ThmbUp: Not to me.

Tom
09-12-2011, 02:36 PM
She didn't mention me, did she? :eek:

JustRalph
09-12-2011, 05:05 PM
Anything about her kid learning fly?

Grits
09-12-2011, 05:17 PM

Honestly! You are AWFUL. :lol:

The FAA should've only allowed him a "learner's permit."

JustRalph
09-12-2011, 05:54 PM

Sorry for the typo

'learning to fly' was what I meant to type

Grits, you're right.......

Grits
09-12-2011, 07:08 PM
Andy, tomorrow night ABC will air a two hour special on the tapes . . . and the book that's coming out, too. You can listen to Jackie O all your heart desires.;) This has got to be filler. I didn't think ABC's programming could get much worse.

Would this be considered "reality tv"?

andymays
09-12-2011, 07:55 PM
Andy, tomorrow night ABC will air a two hour special on the tapes . . . and the book that's coming out, too. You can listen to Jackie O all your heart desires.;) This has got to be filler. I didn't think ABC's programming could get much worse.

Would this be considered "reality tv"?

Thanks, I'll record it. I'm fascinated by this stuff along with the assassination stuff (who did it, who was involved in it, and why?)

It's kind of funny that she was knocking MLK for "sleeping around" on his wife while all the time her guy was 100x worse as far as "sleeping around goes".

PaceAdvantage
09-12-2011, 08:12 PM
I could have sworn I read articles which claimed these tapes would reveal that she thought LBJ had some sort of hand in the Kennedy assassination. But it sounds like these recordings were made before Kennedy was killed.

Did anyone else hear this, or was I hallucinating?

andymays
09-12-2011, 08:20 PM
I could have sworn I read articles which claimed these tapes would reveal that she thought LBJ had some sort of hand in the Kennedy assassination. But it sounds like these recordings were made before Kennedy was killed.

I saw a program dealing with that theory. It was very interesting and I wish I had access to watch it again. I believe there were people involved in a party at LBJs house who were interviewed for the piece. Some of the stuff said in the interviews was pretty damning.

If someone knows how to find the piece I would love to see it again.

JustRalph
09-12-2011, 09:27 PM

I heard it. It was the first tease for the book

andymays
09-12-2011, 10:19 PM
Jacqueline Kennedy Reportedly Believed Lyndon B. Johnson Behind JFK's Assassination

Published August 08, 2011

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/08/08/jacqueline-kennedy-reportedly-believed-lyndon-b-johnson-behind-husbands/

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The LBJ Theory involves Kennedy’s vice president, Lyndon B. Johnson.

Kennedy was seriously considering removing Lyndon Johnson’s name as his running mate in the voting ballot, which may have angered Lyndon.

Madeleine Duncan Brown, a woman claiming having a twenty one year old relationship with Johnson, recalls that the night before the assassination, Johnson told her that “tomorrow, those goddamned Kennedys are never going to embarrass me again; that’s not a threat, that’s a promise”
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/1453503013/ref=dp_readdesc_b?ie=UTF8&s=books
Book Description
Publication Date: July 23, 2010
The book starts by looking back into Johnson's past, from the time he was a boy in Texas. Among the sources are the three books by Robert Caro. It then follows the development of his character traits throughout his school days, through college and as a young congressional apprentice in Washington.
The essential themes of the book,
- Johnson's mental issues (paranoia, bi-polar disorder and sociopathic personality)
- And criminal associations drove him higher and higher up the ladder
- Culminating in a plan begun in 1958-59 to force himself onto the ticket as vice president in 1960, an office he "detested."
- During his time as Vice President, Johnson hated being in that office and continued his criminal actions and associations with Billie Sol Estes and Bobby Baker (and through Baker, with many other Mafia-connected lobbyists like Fred Black, Irving Davidson, Mickey Weiner, oilmen like Clint Murchison and gangsters like Johnny Roselli, Cliff Jones, Ed Levinson and Ben Seigelbaum directly to Mob-boss Carlos Marcello.
Read more

cj's dad
09-13-2011, 09:40 AM

Maybe because he was a Republican ?

Robert Goren
09-13-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe because he was a Republican ?More likely that it was an ego thing. You would have look far and wide to find bigger egos than those of the Kennedy's.