08-17-2011, 12:27 PM
pShicKqreGI

lamboguy
08-17-2011, 12:42 PM
that last trillion $ was a trick question :bang:

mostpost
08-17-2011, 01:54 PM
pShicKqreGI
This is so typical of the kind of things you post. The video says lifeguards in California earn $100,000 a year. That salary is for one or two people who hold positions equivalent to a Battalion chief in the fire department.Also that $100,000 includes overtime. Lifeguards, the folks who sit in a tower on the beach, make between $16 and $22 an hour. If they work forty hours a week, fifty two weeks a year-which I doubt-they would make $46,000.

Then there is the claim that it took 200 years to incur out first trillion dollars in debt. They don't mention that for most of that 200 years we were an agrarian nation with few international obligations.

bigmack
08-17-2011, 02:09 PM
This is so typical of the kind of things you post. The video says lifeguards in California earn $100,000 a year. That salary is for one or two people who hold positions equivalent to a Battalion chief in the fire department.Also that $100,000 includes overtime. Lifeguards, the folks who sit in a tower on the beach, make between $16 and $22 an hour. If they work forty hours a week, fifty two weeks a year-which I doubt-they would make $46,000
You're so at the ready to debunk G-waste you oftentimes haven't a clue what you're talking about.

I feel silly responding to you but the woman clearly said Newport Beach:

13 full-time city lifeguards in Newport Beach earn over $120,000 in total annual compensation.
The top lifeguard earns $211,000.
They work four ten-hour days in a week.
They retire at age 50 and receive a generous pension. In fact, one retired lifeguard, age 51, gets $108,000 per year.

Actor
08-18-2011, 04:41 AM
They retire at age 50 ...

That actually makes sense. Do you want a 64 year old lifeguard sitting in the tower? And after 30 years on the job, what else is he qualified for?

Robert Goren
08-18-2011, 07:59 AM
That actually makes sense. Do you want a 64 year old lifeguard sitting in the tower? And after 30 years on the job, what else is he qualified for? Tea Party candidate for the house or senate? He is over qualifed to run the GOP presidential nomination.:rolleyes:

fast4522
08-18-2011, 08:09 AM
This is so typical of the kind of things you post. The video says lifeguards in California earn $100,000 a year. That salary is for one or two people who hold positions equivalent to a Battalion chief in the fire department.Also that $100,000 includes overtime. Lifeguards, the folks who sit in a tower on the beach, make between $16 and $22 an hour. If they work forty hours a week, fifty two weeks a year-which I doubt-they would make $46,000.

Then there is the claim that it took 200 years to incur out first trillion dollars in debt. They don't mention that for most of that 200 years we were an agrarian nation with few international obligations.

What is very typical is for you to dispute every single thing, even when completely factual and backed up by being on the news for days. You don't like cuts in programs, guess what? In your lifetime right now on the way.

More Tea Please!

Tom
08-20-2011, 01:10 PM
That actually makes sense. Do you want a 64 year old lifeguard sitting in the tower? And after 30 years on the job, what else is he qualified for?

That is HIS problem.

ElKabong
08-20-2011, 03:55 PM
That salary is for one or two people who hold positions equivalent to a Battalion chief in the fire department.Also that $100,000 includes overtime. .

You've already been corrected on the # of "lifeguards" makin 100k, so I'll address the "batallion chief" point.....No one in a position of management should EVER get paid a dime for overtime. Bonuses for extraordinary results, yes. But no overtime.

Management positions are for salaried individuals. It's one of the things that separate a dedicated type from a clock watcher.