PDA

View Full Version : Arlington cancelled Sunday

cnollfan
05-29-2011, 04:25 PM
Does anybody know what happened at Arlington Sunday causing them to cancel? Apparently only the first two races were run.

illinoisbred
05-29-2011, 04:46 PM
Heard the riders refused -guessing because of wind. Fairly steady gales at approx. 30 mph. Also, alot of rainfall,don't think that was the cause for cancellation though.

tbwinner
05-29-2011, 05:35 PM
Jocks didn't want to ride. Management was extremely angry. After the cancellation there was no rain or wind (looked to be OK out and nothing further in the forecase) and all the customers were very angry.

toussaud
05-29-2011, 05:38 PM
what's the point of all weather if you are going to cancel if it gets wet.

could have waited a few hours or so.

tbwinner
05-29-2011, 05:43 PM
what's the point of all weather if you are going to cancel if it gets wet.

could have waited a few hours or so.

Exactly. The track was fine; the riders just blamed the "weather" arbitrarily even though it was clearing up.

Striker
05-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Jocks didn't want to ride. Management was extremely angry. After the cancellation there was no rain or wind (looked to be OK out and nothing further in the forecase) and all the customers were very angry.
Was Suraj Narredu leading this jock revolt?

:lol:

illinoisbred
05-29-2011, 06:01 PM
Definitely was strange.Hey Striker-I thought Narredu looked pretty good in today's 1st. A tough break for you and your entrant in the 7th Tbwinner.

Striker
05-29-2011, 06:09 PM
Definitely was strange.Hey Striker-I thought Narredu looked pretty good in today's 1st. A tough break for you and your entrant in the 7th Tbwinner.
Yep, thought Narredu looked good also. Rivelli and Ravin have numerous others also to look for by Bring the Heat. Watch for Can't Stop Ravin, She's Down with Jim(scratched today), Richies Star, and Rocket Richie. All by Bring the Heat and now Rivelli and Ravin are 2 for 2 with this sire and their horses at AP after Stark Ravin Mad won the 2nd. Tb might have more info on these runners if he talks to Rivelli.

beertapper
05-29-2011, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plH6ouvsHnY

Narredu's 1000 win...good stuff

tbwinner
05-29-2011, 08:54 PM
Just when you think Richie Ravin can't name anymore horses after himself - well there you go.

Stark Ravin Mad that won today is a full brother to $320k earner Madman Diaries so Richie and Rivelli might have a juvenile stakes horse here.

Wish I could've told you guys about Aviyah Shines who won first out on Wednesday...Larry texted me this one to me 10 minutes to post saying she was ready to go.

illinoisbred
05-29-2011, 09:05 PM
Tb or Striker- have any of Rivelli's 2 yr old 1sters lost ? Going on memory,seems all so far have won. Have to think the one scratched today is also going to be a runner.

Valuist
05-29-2011, 09:09 PM
The wind argument is BS. I live 5 miles from Arlington and the wind, with the exception of the storm (and they had a delay then) was definitely not worth cancelling over.

illinoisbred
05-29-2011, 09:12 PM
The wind argument is BS. I live 5 miles from Arlington and the wind, with the exception of the storm (and they had a delay then) was definitely not worth cancelling over.
I agree with you.They did sit out the worst of it. Have to think they wanted to cancel before the 2nd and were talked out of it.

BlueShoe
05-29-2011, 11:28 PM
Not happy about the cancellation either, in spite of the turf races being rained off, thought that it was a pretty good card. Liked several races, and the scrub cut down the number of plays for the day. An oddity, played a pick-3 in races 3-5, and could not get a refund for at least an hour after the cancelation announcement. Every time the ticket was dropped into the Sam the ticket was rejected with a "results not in" message. Arlington tote system slow in computing refunds for the rest of the card from race 3 on? Or?

Striker
05-30-2011, 12:16 AM
Tb or Striker- have any of Rivelli's 2 yr old 1sters lost ? Going on memory,seems all so far have won. Have to think the one scratched today is also going to be a runner.
IB- The 2yo race today was only the 3rd 2yo race of the meet. The first 2yo race was on derby day and DiVito won with a nice 85k purchase named Backdoor Kenny and then Rivelli has won the last two 2yo races with Aviyah Shines for 2yo fillies and today with Stark Ravin Mad. Some of those other Rivrav runners have worked with those 2 horses and like I said I haven't seen this many horses with the same sire for the same connections like they have done with Bring the Heat in a long time. They have 6 horses by BTH and they are 2 for 2 so far. These are just the ones that I have stumbled on by looking at the workout reports. Tb- any info on the rest of those runners would be greatly appreciated. It looks like Richies Star outworked Stark Ravin Mad on 5/19 from the gate by 1 length which would be significant after that performance today from Stark Ravin Mad.

precocity
05-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Was Suraj Narredu leading this jock revolt?

:lol:
:D :D

illinoisbred
05-30-2011, 07:20 AM
IB- The 2yo race today was only the 3rd 2yo race of the meet. The first 2yo race was on derby day and DiVito won with a nice 85k purchase named Backdoor Kenny and then Rivelli has won the last two 2yo races with Aviyah Shines for 2yo fillies and today with Stark Ravin Mad. Some of those other Rivrav runners have worked with those 2 horses and like I said I haven't seen this many horses with the same sire for the same connections like they have done with Bring the Heat in a long time. They have 6 horses by BTH and they are 2 for 2 so far. These are just the ones that I have stumbled on by looking at the workout reports. Tb- any info on the rest of those runners would be greatly appreciated. It looks like Richies Star outworked Stark Ravin Mad on 5/19 from the gate by 1 length which would be significant after that performance today from Stark Ravin Mad.
Thanks Striker! Larry must have had a 3 yr old 1ster or two win,or so it seems. Blue Shoe-I did notice it took quite a bit of time for twinspires to clear off the card and issue refunds.

tbwinner
05-30-2011, 12:43 PM
Thanks Striker! Larry must have had a 3 yr old 1ster or two win,or so it seems. Blue Shoe-I did notice it took quite a bit of time for twinspires to clear off the card and issue refunds.

Yes he had one Friday in the 7th I believe...it was in for $10,000 first out and won at 8-5 I believe.

thespaah
05-30-2011, 03:57 PM
I would understand the frustration of on track patrons if a card was cancelled under suspect conditions. However I am not at all empathetic of those playing the races in OTB's or at home. I just cannot fathom why it is the latter do not say "Oh well. I'll simply bet other tracks"...
It's just one card. No big deal. The world is an imperfect place.
Am I missing something here? Does the elimination of one card at a particular track have that much consequence?
Am I off the wall by saying "It happens. Move on"?

tbwinner
05-30-2011, 06:54 PM
The reason Rivelli and Ravin have so many horses by Bring The Heat is by way of Wesley Ward, who owns the sire. Him and Rivelli are friends so must've passed along discounted or even free matings. Bring The Heat is an excellent juvenile sire but those horses don't often last long in terms of the speed that they have (or maybe even durability). I'd look for a few Rivelli BTH first timers to win very soon.

cnollfan
05-30-2011, 08:14 PM
I would understand the frustration of on track patrons if a card was cancelled under suspect conditions. However I am not at all empathetic of those playing the races in OTB's or at home. I just cannot fathom why it is the latter do not say "Oh well. I'll simply bet other tracks"...
It's just one card. No big deal. The world is an imperfect place.
Am I missing something here? Does the elimination of one card at a particular track have that much consequence?
Am I off the wall by saying "It happens. Move on"?

Often the track that cancelled provided me with my highest ROI of the day.

Striker
05-31-2011, 11:47 PM
The reason Rivelli and Ravin have so many horses by Bring The Heat is by way of Wesley Ward, who owns the sire. Him and Rivelli are friends so must've passed along discounted or even free matings. Bring The Heat is an excellent juvenile sire but those horses don't often last long in terms of the speed that they have (or maybe even durability). I'd look for a few Rivelli BTH first timers to win very soon.
Rivelli and Ravin are listed as the breeders on most of the horses I have found but She's Down with Jim, who scratched out of that race on Sunday, does have Ward listed as the breeder. One other 2yo for Rivelli that I have found is Rock on Richie who is a Penn bred by High Cotton who just had his 1st winner as a sire at Churchill in a 5f MSW for Romans. They purchased this one as the breeder was Bull Dog Racing obviously in PA.

tbwinner
06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
Guys keep an eye out for Nickysgreatcause, the first foal out of Nicole's Dream my group's prized mare by Giant's Causeway. She's been training great and is entered Sunday in the first race at AP. Not sure if she'll win first out but they mean well with this horse. Hopefully shows to be like her mother.

illinoisbred
06-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Nicole's Dream was one kick-ass turf sprinter.

therussmeister
06-01-2011, 09:07 PM
http://www.drf.com/news/sometimes-lightning-actually-strikes