PDA

View Full Version : PinPocket Credit Card Deposit

parkedout97
04-01-2011, 04:50 PM
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone has had any trouble depositing to their ADW account using a credit card through PINPocket?

Do the credit card companies try to block those transactions like they do if you try to go directly to the ADW site?

Thanks,
Tim

BetPTC
04-01-2011, 06:17 PM
We are planning to release PINpocket for our customers next week.

I personally have not had any issues using my credit cards during our testing, and the cards I have used were normally rejected by our cash advance vendor. We are very optimistic that this will become a great funding solution for our customers.

Todd Bowker
GM, BetPTC.com

parkedout97
04-02-2011, 10:29 AM
We are planning to release PINpocket for our customers next week.

I personally have not had any issues using my credit cards during our testing, and the cards I have used were normally rejected by our cash advance vendor. We are very optimistic that this will become a great funding solution for our customers.

Todd Bowker
GM, BetPTC.com

Well that sounds a little promising.

Does anyone know what credit cards are able to be used to fund accounts? I've heard Visa typically doesn't work. Or is it more about the issuing bank?

Does the same apply to debit cards, even though they are more like transferring money from your checking account?

Thanks,
Tim

Horseplayersbet.com
04-02-2011, 11:14 AM
From what I understand, there is little problem using PINpocket. Phone deposits are less likely to go through if they are MasterCard. Visas have a higher percentage of success.
The most quickest and most efficient way to go I think is Green Dot. I give back the $5 on deposits of $120 or greater.
If you want to wait a business day and want to deposit at least $1000, bank transfers are an option. I give back $30 to cover costs in the case of deposits of $1000 or more.

Horseplayersbet.com
04-02-2011, 11:30 AM
I'm not sure that there is much of a difference when it comes to acceptance of phone deposits when it comes to debit or credit cards, even though there should be.

BetPTC
04-02-2011, 09:39 PM
Actually, with Global Cash (cash advance) over the phone we see very few Visa cards work, Mastercards are about 50-50 and Discover Card usually works.

Also, pre-paid cards tend to work better than credit cards. NetSpend is a good one to get if you want to go that route.

It's ALL about the issuing bank of the card. They make the decision on allowing transactions marked with the gaming merchant code.

aharon5741
04-04-2011, 07:23 AM
I've been using PinPocket since it came out and feel it is a great solution for deposits. The CC fees are negligible - I'm not sure why someone didn't think of this idea sooner for the ADW crowd.

carinovita
04-05-2011, 02:12 PM
Darkhorsebet.com uses Pinpocket. I have an account, I've used my visa several times. Money from my visa transfered in a couple of minutes into Darkhorsebet.com

I also have Pinpocket linked to my checking account. The first time I used it, it took 4 days, but after that it's overnight.

Pinpocket is a lot like Paypal, if you have used Paypal and Ebay.

netbet
04-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Will Betptc.com ever take the Green Dot Money Paks?

Patrick

BetPTC
04-08-2011, 08:41 AM
Will Betptc.com ever take the Green Dot Money Paks?

PatrickI expect we will offer the Green Dot MoneyPak at some point later this year. We had actually started the programming for Green Dot, but while we were working on it, they decided to go public and put all gaming companies on hold. We are waiting for them to circle back to us.