PDA

View Full Version : Where Can I Place My Bets?

Chris G
01-26-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey, I live in a state that doesn't allow wagering.

When I've tried to set up an account with a few places, I've been rejected because of where I live.

Who will take my bets?

Seriously, who can I set up an account with that won't care about where I live?

Even Canada kicked me out!

Thanks for you help.

mannyberrios
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Where do you live?

Chris G
01-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Alaska; why?

thaskalos
01-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Hey, I live in a state that doesn't allow wagering.

When I've tried to set up an account with a few places, I've been rejected because of where I live.

Who will take my bets?

Seriously, who can I set up an account with that won't care about where I live?

Even Canada kicked me out!

Thanks for you help.Has Bookmaker.com kicked you out?

egreen
01-28-2011, 09:38 AM
I've used www.allhorseracing.com for a couple of years and am very pleased with them. Nice platform, good customer service and quick to payout.

Stevecsd
01-28-2011, 11:15 AM
You might try BetEHorse. (www.betehorse.com (http://www.betehorse.com)) They are outside of the US, so I don't think they will care what state you are in.

I have used them for several years and never had a problem sending/depositing money or getting money when I wanted it.

Steven Currie

traveler
01-28-2011, 12:03 PM
Alaska; why?

SO HE CAN ANSWER YOUR QUESTION MAYBE?

I'm am banning myself from reading this board anymore. It does explain why the game isn't that tough to beat.

Chris G
01-28-2011, 12:46 PM
Not Bookmaker, the OJC. About five or six years ago some law was passed where Canada could no longer accept American accounts. So they told me to empty my account.

So for the most part I was away from the game.

njcurveball
01-28-2011, 01:31 PM
Alaska; why?

Your best bet is to play on-line contests. Join the NHC, check out NHCqualify, etc.

State laws are harsh and those that ignore them do it at their own peril. Nothing worse then having a lot of money in an Account and not being able to take any out. Ask the people who had huge stacks at Pinnacle.

You also are at risk if anything is taxable and gets reported. It usually does not come to that. If you have to stay in Alaska, best to play the legal on-line contests.

best of luck,
Jim

Cardus
01-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Alaska; why?

I laughed.

DeanT
01-28-2011, 03:51 PM
I see that now on some ADW sites. Why in the hell cant anyone bet online from Alaska? You would think it would be one of the states which would be first to allow online betting because of the weather and proximity. No home market rules too because last time I checked there is no Tuktoyuktuk Downs.

That is really strange.

Horseplayersbet.com
01-28-2011, 04:15 PM
I see that now on some ADW sites. Why in the hell cant anyone bet online from Alaska? You would think it would be one of the states which would be first to allow online betting because of the weather and proximity. No home market rules too because last time I checked there is no Tuktoyuktuk Downs.

That is really strange.
They are progressing. They legalized bridge, cribbage and poker in 2005:
http://www.alaskagamblingforum.com/

judd
01-30-2011, 11:06 AM
I laughed.
that is funny--its like duh !!!

Robert Goren
01-30-2011, 11:34 AM

That is really strange. Stupid State Politicians

ranchwest
01-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Alaska; why?

Can you see Russia from your door?

discodog
01-31-2011, 10:56 AM
I can see all 58 states from mine.

igamingtony
01-31-2011, 07:55 PM
None of that is online...

Chris G
02-04-2011, 12:43 PM
My thanks to those that gave useful replies.

Jay Trotter
02-04-2011, 06:05 PM
Can you see Russia from your door?

Aparently, you can see Zvezda Race Park from a certain somebody's doorstep -- must be in a bet free zone because of this!!!

Maumeeriverangler
02-06-2011, 06:54 PM
http://www.bodog.com/