PDA

View Full Version : HHXv2.1 CSV Output Automatically Formatted

lsosa54
08-10-2010, 01:35 PM
I take the csv output for a card and delete columns I don't use, change some formatting, column widths, fonts, etc, until I get it to my liking and then print the output to pdf to use.

Is there a way I can automate the process so every csv file I output will have this done automatically? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

raybo
08-13-2010, 01:07 AM
I take the csv output for a card and delete columns I don't use, change some formatting, column widths, fonts, etc, until I get it to my liking and then print the output to pdf to use.

Is there a way I can automate the process so every csv file I output will have this done automatically? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance.

While I'm sure that is possible, within the code of the program itself, have you thought about sending the csv output to Excel, then recording a macro to delete columns, format text, adjust column widths, etc., then either printing it from Excel or saving it as a PDF file?

lsosa54
08-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Ray: I have no background in Basic or Liberty Basic programming - just a user of what Doug, Handi, and HH created. As far as the macro, can I save it where I can use it on each csv file output? I can scve each csv file as an Excel file if need be to work with the macro.

raybo
08-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Ray: I have no background in Basic or Liberty Basic programming - just a user of what Doug, Handi, and HH created. As far as the macro, can I save it where I can use it on each csv file output? I can scve each csv file as an Excel file if need be to work with the macro.

I would create a workbook, keep it handy on my desktop, open a csv file in it, place a macro button in a convenient spot on the worksheet, record all the sizing, deletions, formatting, in a macro, assign that macro to the button, save the workbook. Then open every csv file in that same workbook, click the macro button, and it's done, then print it or do a "save as" to a pdf file for printing, etc., (I know you can save to pdf in Excel 2007, not sure about pre-2007 versions).

Hcap could probably offer more help as he is up on Excel, and, Handifast csv files.

PS: If you decide to print from Excel, that could be done with a recorded macro and button, also.

lsosa54
08-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks Ray. I do have 2007. I'll start working on it as I have some time.