PDA

View Full Version : HP Qualify

Gone2Golf
08-12-2009, 10:44 PM
Has anyone played in the HP Qualify contests and what are your opinions?

Donnie
08-13-2009, 06:25 AM
Very well run operation by a gentleman named Kevin Geraghty (sp?) who is a tournament player himself. Site functions very well during play and he offers many different and varied contests. Payouts have been quick and he is very willing to "work" with the contestants (a friend of mine entered a contest and asked IF he won could he send a proxy in his place to the contest he woulda won a free entry for, due to previous committments. No problem!) Response time to emails is always very good as well.
Highly recommend!! :ThmbUp: :ThmbUp:
Keen competition!

Robert Goren
08-13-2009, 09:00 AM
site address please

Bobzilla
08-13-2009, 09:03 AM
https://www.horseplayersqualify.com/

Donnie
08-13-2009, 09:49 AM
If you plan to play, I would suggest signing up early....they cap the number of entries and nearly all contests sell out; some quicker than others. It is a GREAT place to "cut your teeth" at contests for very little outlay. The Friday night contests give you a chance to win $1000 for $25 an entry!

Donnie
08-13-2009, 02:24 PM
While it's normally pretty well spelled out, be sure to read the rules for each contest carefully...like the Breeder's Cup Qualifier at Santa Anita you could win can only be won by qualifying in one of the 3 previous qualifiers. You cannot buy into the contest on Oct 11th. But for only $150 per entry, it's a pretty square deal! Each of the 3 qualifying events are capped at 100 people. The finals on Oct 11th will be the 60 qualifiers from the previous 3 weeks. And considering they allow you to qualify 3 times for the finals, you could hold 3 of the 60 finalist entries! $10,000 entry plus a travel voucher...sounds like a free trip to the Breeders Cup to me.

Bison
08-13-2009, 04:36 PM
How do they pay out? I don't see any answers to this on their site.

Donnie
08-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Check is sent thru the mail. (Been there. Done that.)

That is what I meant by "quick paying". Living in Iowa, I earned money that was in my mailbox by the following Thursday. Didn't even have to request it.

I believe if you win a minor award, Kevin is willing to just credit your account if you are planning on playing in future contests. It will then be credited as you purchase future entries.

Donnie
08-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Looks like they added another 25 entries to tomorrow's contest. So there will be more cash placements. :jump: I am in for 2 tomorrow!

Pete Rose JR
08-14-2009, 03:28 AM
me too...two for tom....

I d hate to win both the NHC tourney and the horseplayers world series in the same year.... :D

Spendabuck85
08-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks guys, I just signed up. I miss the weekly contests that Twinspires used to have.

Pete Rose JR
08-14-2009, 05:02 PM
Server Error in '/' Application.
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Bushleague......contest pick pages have been down for 20 minutes, no way to check picks....pretty gay...

Donnie
08-14-2009, 05:12 PM
not having any problems whatsoever.....wonder if anyone else is?

Donnie
08-14-2009, 05:23 PM
you musta jinxed me :)
I got that, closed my browser, opened a new one, signed back in and no problems.

JimG
08-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Server Error in '/' Application.
Validation of viewstate MAC failed. If this application is hosted by a Web Farm or cluster, ensure that <machineKey> configuration specifies the same validationKey and validation algorithm. AutoGenerate cannot be used in a cluster.

Bushleague......contest pick pages have been down for 20 minutes, no way to check picks....pretty gay...

Not "gay". Just sign yourself back into the website and you should get in. If you do not access the site every 10 minutes or so, it will sign you out, at least that is my experience with the Firefox browser.

Pete Rose JR
08-16-2009, 12:55 AM
Not "gay". Just sign yourself back into the website and you should get in. If you do not access the site every 10 minutes or so, it will sign you out, at least that is my experience with the Firefox browser.

Gee thanks....I never thought of logging out and logging in again, what a unique idea... :bang:

Donnie
08-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Gee thanks....I never thought of logging out and logging in again, what a unique idea...

You never know Pete. I do that for a living...teach people who are illiterate on the computer things that would be elementary to you or me.

True story: I had a lady one day, was switching professions. She had a hard time understanding when to right-click vs left-click when I would instruct the class which I wanted them to do. She remedied the situation during our morning break by putting a large "R" on one finger, and a large "L" on the other. I had to point out to her she put them on the wrong fingers!!

Looks like AlanN from Denver schooled us again! He rocks in those contests! One of the nicest guys you'd ever meet.

Spendabuck85
08-16-2009, 11:26 AM
ANNOUNCEMENT
Due to a Microsoft outage yesteday, Aug 14th, a few of our players experienced intermittent disruption logging in and out of the website.

Microsoft has yet to remedy the situation, and in order to ensure our players are not impacted, we have decided to postpone the FREE Pick-Your-Own Contest scheduled for 8/16/09 to a future date.

We are continuously working with the technical support dept to ensure this Microsoft problem is rectified.

Thank You... HPqualify