PDA

View Full Version : Poll - Horseplayer involvement and Arizona's ADW Law

Jeff P
07-30-2009, 12:26 PM
I'm asking for feedback... not just from HANA members, but from everyone here at PA. It doesn't matter if you are a professional horseplayer, recreational player, occasional fan, owner, breeder, trainer, groom, track operator, track employee, ADW operator, ADW employee, tote company employee, NTRA Committee Member, past performance data company operator or employee, software developer, editor for a turf publication, turf writer, author, TV producer, on air talent, etc. HOW you are connected to the industry isn't the point. If you are reading this thread at PA you are connected to the industry in some way shape or form. I'm asking you for an honest opinion if you have one.

Pacingguy
07-31-2009, 06:14 AM
Yes, horseplayers should be working with industry representatives to get this bill overturned provided the tracks get some revenue from the ADWs like in most any states. The tracks need to lead the charge but the horseplayer can show there is a demand.

Horseplayersbet.com
07-31-2009, 10:54 AM
Don't forget about the cancel delay problem with Arizona. Especially since their pools are not so high, someone canceling a big bet because their horse gets off bad has a tremendous affect on the price of a horse.

Arizona is open to larceny because of this.

Indulto
08-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Has anyone actually been arrested for breaking this law? If so, would an opportunity exist to take to court the issue of the right of residents in every state to wager on horse races on-line?

azbacks
08-17-2009, 10:57 PM
Not that I know of.

It is a felony. Guess the track owners (horse&dog) wanted to use a sledgehammer!!