PDA

View Full Version : Just thought I'd mention this -- Google TV Ads

chickenhead
12-03-2008, 10:26 PM
just because it's cool

I was just reading this morning about Google TV Ads, which operates basically just like any other Adwords campaign, except you run a 30 second spot. They put them on DISH Network, and they can tell how many people are watching the spot (I assume they query the boxes), so you bid on cost per thousand impressions just like you used to for text ads.

I just went through the tool setting up a sample campaign with TVG. It's interesting as you can see how many people are watching TVG on DISH network at any given time (historically), from 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday through Friday it's about 5,000, around 10,000 on weekends.

Anyway, you can get a 30 second TV ad in front of around 110,000 people in a week for $150. I'm posting this in the HANA forum because that's what I was thinking of it for, but if any SW sellers hadn't checked this out, it might be worth it.

I'd pony up some dough just to be able to have a HANA spot on TVG, that'd be somethin'. I think we have some A/V hands around, between Big Mack and Swetye I'm sure they could come up with something. I wish it wasn't limited to DISH, but them's the breaks.

turfnsport
12-03-2008, 10:43 PM
That is a great idea...Dish is very affordable...The only suggestion I have is if you are going to advertise on TVG, use closed captions. Most TVG viewers use the MUTE button. :D

LottaKash
12-03-2008, 11:44 PM
Most TVG viewers use the MUTE button. :D

Gee, I thought it was only me.......:jump:

best.

rrbauer
12-04-2008, 08:26 AM
...you can see how many people are watching TVG on DISH network at any given time (historically), from 2pm to 5pm on Wednesday through Friday it's about 5,000, around 10,000 on weekends.

Anyway, you can get a 30 second TV ad in front of around 110,000 people in a week for $150. I'm posting this in the HANA forum because that's what I was thinking of it for, but if any SW sellers hadn't checked this out, it might be worth it.

Not sure where the 110,000 comes from because I don't know where the "busy" periods are vis-a-vis TVG viewers, but given the habits of
horseplayers I would guess that there's not a lot of variance from day to day as to who the viewers are....same folks every day with a shift in mix on the weekends. The price is right!

bobbyb
12-04-2008, 10:57 AM
Great idea :ThmbUp: - def. something to follow up.

bobby

Cangamble
12-04-2008, 11:11 AM
On a related note, the Bloodhorse just announced they are reducing their ad rates by 5%.
What kind of crap is that?, this is now the racing industry works. If you start getting less business, you are supposed to raise rates, at least this is what racing execs believe:)

JustRalph
12-04-2008, 12:45 PM
just where the hell am I supposed to be seeing these ads?

chickenhead
12-04-2008, 01:15 PM
what do you mean?