PDA

View Full Version : Plans for Roman Emperor?

Bubbles
05-27-2008, 07:43 PM
What are his connections going to do with him? I thought his race on the Preakness undercard was pretty good, and with his breeding (Empire Maker x mare by Colonial Affair), I also assumed he'd be pointed towards the Belmont. Any insight?

hibiscus
05-30-2008, 01:10 AM
He's not going to the Belmont Stakes.

They're considering the Barbaro Stakes at Delaware.

the little guy
05-30-2008, 01:17 AM
Even in this watered down year he will have trouble winning a competitive race.

Murph
05-30-2008, 01:28 AM
Even in this watered down year he will have trouble winning a competitive race.Why is that, tlg?

the little guy
05-30-2008, 01:42 AM
Because he's not much horse.

Murph
05-30-2008, 03:04 AM
Because he's not much horse.ummm .... yeh.

I didn't misread your opinion of Roman Emperor. Your comment feels more like a drive by shooting than a valid opinion. I should have known you would not share more than your disdain of the runner with us here.

Your similar contributions to the PA forums simply overwhelm me. Good stuff, especially comming from a professional handicapper like yourself.

Murph

the little guy
05-30-2008, 08:48 AM
ummm .... yeh.

I didn't misread your opinion of Roman Emperor. Your comment feels more like a drive by shooting than a valid opinion. I should have known you would not share more than your disdain of the runner with us here.

Your similar contributions to the PA forums simply overwhelm me. Good stuff, especially comming from a professional handicapper like yourself.

Murph

I wasn't aware of the contributions standards you had set around here. Please post them for me so that in the future I can make sure to like up to them.

Murph
05-30-2008, 10:41 AM
I wasn't aware of the contributions standards you had set around here. Please post them for me so that in the future I can make sure to like up to them.Contribution standards?? Where do I make any such statement? I simply asked you a question. You alone decided to add your off topic one liners. I just replied in kind.

I feel justified in asking why you would make such a statement about Roman Emperor, that "he will have trouble" to win a competetive race? Makes no sense to me on the face of it. If you do not want to share why you did that you could just say so. Once you post up that type of thing publicly, I am certainly entitled to question you on it. Whether you like it or not, sir.

Murph

Murph
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Does anyone have an idea about where Roman Emperor will be pointed next?

I tend to agree with Bubbles, his last race was not too bad. I would think if he is fit, there will be a race good for him in the near future. Maybe a drop to Classified ALW is in order. I don't know why he can't annex and win a mid distance G3 route race before summer arrives though. I don't follow the east based horses as closely as some other groups so I am asking for any helpful input on the subject as well.

Thanks,
Murph

Bubbles
05-30-2008, 01:04 PM
The reason I liked him for the Belmont was not just his breeding (which was made for long races), but because he overcame a bias. Inside speed was godly in two-turn routes before the Preakness that day, and he wore down the early leader to win in a decent time (1:42 flat) with nobody close to the top two. Going by times, assuming he runs the next furlong in a hair over 13 seconds (which is reasonable), he finishes a decent second to Big Brown in the Preakness.

the little guy
05-30-2008, 02:08 PM
But he sat right on the rail and just behind a very moderate horse in Da Tara.

Where's his good race? And, frankly, while many people liked Empire Maker, he has been a major disappointment with his first crop.