PDA

View Full Version : Presque Isle Downs

bigmack
08-27-2007, 03:33 PM
Averaging over $500,000 in daily purses Presque Isle Downs will start its 25 day meet this Sat. (Next year, 100 day meet)

Asmussen/Lake/Servis & others are sending horses in and it could prove to be an interesting meet.

http://www.presqueisledowns.com/

http://www.presqueisledowns.com/images/racing/Sports-Talk-Web-Ad_tn.jpg

kenwoodallpromos
08-27-2007, 03:52 PM
So far I did not find much info on it; let us know if the site improves!!

Premier Turf Club
08-27-2007, 03:57 PM
Averaging over $500,000 in daily purses Presque Isle Downs will start its 25 day meet this Sat. (Next year, 100 day meet)

Asmussen/Lake/Servis & others are sending horses in and it could prove to be an interesting meet.

http://www.presqueisledowns.com/

We are going to try and put together a package of information for it. We're working on scheduling an interview with Michael Dickinson (Tapeta's inventor) and are looking at getting a clocker out there for the beginning of the meet.

I will keep everyone updated both here and on our website. I'm hoping we can get some interesting insights into this unique surface that will lead to some big $$$.

bigmack
08-27-2007, 04:01 PM
I'm hoping we can get some interesting insights into this unique surface that will lead to some big $$$.
http://www.tapeta.com/track.html

shanta
08-27-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm interested in their takeout rates for the various wagers. If they are ridiculous
they can keep their
track
tapeta
horses

I have written the director of racing's office for a listing of takeout rates. If they are planning on raping us bettors I feel we need to know this.

I will post the details/info of what I am told.
Richie

chickenhead
08-27-2007, 04:05 PM
how is that pronounced? PRESS-Q? PRESS-KEY? PRESS-QUAW? PRE-SKOO?

(yes I'm a moron)

jotb
08-27-2007, 04:06 PM
Hello:

I heard this through the grapevine and I don't know how true this is but all I can say is that if I were a jockey, I wouldn't want to be riding opening day. Supposely they don't even have a gate crew yet, nor an outrider. Someone who was given 30 stalls shipped in and couldn't hang their buckets in the metal barn they were assigned because it isn't designed for screw eyes. We will see soon enough.

joe

ryesteve
08-27-2007, 04:07 PM
how is that pronounced? PRESS-Q? PRESS-KEY? PRESS-QUAW? PRE-SKOO?
I'm gonna guess "PRESK"

bigmack
08-27-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm gonna guess "PRESK"
That'd be it.

chickenhead
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
That'd be it.

I bet that's not it down at the O-Tee-Bee. They gonna be saying Pres-Q, just like me. Seems like such a waste to use all those elegant letters to make a K.

Grits
08-27-2007, 04:11 PM
Hello:

I heard this through the grapevine and I don't know how true this is but all I can say is that if I were a jockey, I wouldn't want to be riding opening day. Supposely they don't even have a gate crew yet, nor an outrider. Someone who was given 30 stalls shipped in and couldn't hang their buckets in the metal barn they were assigned because it isn't designed for screw eyes. We will see soon enough.

joe

HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

njcurveball
08-27-2007, 04:13 PM
I'm interested in their takeout rates for the various wagers.

I do not see how they could have different takeouts than Phila and Penn since they are in the same state.

Might not be the best place to bet trifectas and superfectas at 30%+

JustRalph
08-27-2007, 04:57 PM
Presk-Aisle

chickenhead
08-27-2007, 05:12 PM
Pres-Q-Izzle has way more spice. Their marketing manager should consult with me on these things.

BillW
08-27-2007, 05:32 PM
HOUSTON, WE HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apparently not as big as Erie does! Cue your little buddy ... :lol:

Premier Turf Club
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
I have written the director of racing's office for a listing of takeout rates. Richie

PID Takeout Rates:

WPS 17%

EX, DD, QU 20%

PK3,PK4, Tri 26%

Super 29%

Premier Turf Club
08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
http://www.tapeta.com/track.html

Saw that 'Mack. Thanks. Unfortunately it doesn't say much. We're going to try and get some specific insights into what confirmation types are likely to run well over the track and what aren't. I'm working on my partner (an ex-trainer who is a confirmation expert) to put together a prospective move-up sire list.

We're also trying to have our clocker friend spend a few days there this week before he returns to KY.

shanta
08-27-2007, 08:20 PM
PID Takeout Rates:

WPS 17%

EX, DD, QU 20%

PK3,PK4, Tri 26%

Super 29%

Thank you!

CryingForTheHorses
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
We are going to try and put together a package of information for it. We're working on scheduling an interview with Michael Dickinson (Tapeta's inventor) and are looking at getting a clocker out there for the beginning of the meet.

I will keep everyone updated both here and on our website. I'm hoping we can get some interesting insights into this unique surface that will lead to some big $$$.

Looking at your condition book online,Too bad you dont have any stakes going a flat 5/8. for the older boys. I have a nice PA Bred running here at Calder.I also see your starters are nice pots for PA breds. Sadly I see only 1 going 5/8 for the boys. 5 1/2 is a little too far for him. I wish you luck at the meet.!!!!

Kelso
08-28-2007, 12:17 AM
Presk-Aisle

Actually, Presk-EEL.

BillW
08-28-2007, 12:32 AM
Actually, Presk-EEL.

Ralph's pronunciation is the way it is pronounced in Erie. Your's is the French pronunciation. There just aren't that many French in Erie. :D

northerndancer
08-30-2007, 02:01 AM
Well it appears as if it is going to be the Lake, Assmussen & Amoss meet after reviewing the first days entries.

This is before the connections that are at Saratoga decide to go West on the way to Keenland.

Well after seeing the entries we will save a lot on shipping by staying home and not racing at the Isle.

trying2win
08-30-2007, 03:05 AM
Okay, now we know they are going to have a tapeta surface on the main track. What I'd like to know is this:

--Will Presque Isle Downs have a turf course too? If so, what are the circumferences of the main tapeta track and the turf course?

Thanks,

T2W

midnight
08-30-2007, 04:06 AM
It's Presk-Aisle in Erie.

The one in Michigan is prounced that way and also Press-Keel.

jballscalls
08-30-2007, 08:21 AM
Okay, now we know they are going to have a tapeta surface on the main track. What I'd like to know is this:

--Will Presque Isle Downs have a turf course too? If so, what are the circumferences of the main tapeta track and the turf course?

Thanks,

T2W

there is no turf course right now and i dont believe they made plans for one.