PDA

View Full Version : Travers Day

sjk
08-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Looks like I will be up for the Travers. Will anyone still be around?

Have never been to Saratoga on Travers Day. Is it crowded to the point where it is hard to get around and find others?

Red Knave
08-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Is it crowded to the point where it is hard to get around and find others?Definitely YES. You should arrange a spot ahead of time.
Best of luck.

cj
08-19-2007, 04:56 PM
I'll be there. PM if you want to meet up.

BillW
08-19-2007, 08:05 PM
Looks like I will be up for the Travers. Will anyone still be around?

Have never been to Saratoga on Travers Day. Is it crowded to the point where it is hard to get around and find others?

I'm sitting in Albany now at the hotel. I'll catch a flight out early tomorrow. Sorry I'm going to miss you, Steve. You'll really enjoy the Spa and Craig will prove to be a more than capable posse :D . I look forward to catching up with you in Lexington in October.

Bill

sjk
08-19-2007, 08:08 PM
See you in October Bill.

Ron
08-19-2007, 09:38 PM
I think the crowd at this year's Travers will be manageable because the results look much like last years Travers. When Funnycide was supposed to run, I vowed that if I was ever going to go again on that day I would have to have reserved seats.

I be there in secton O of the grandstand.

BillW
08-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Steve,

I just saw why you are going to be in Saratoga on Travers day. Best of luck and kick some ass!!! :jump:

sjk
08-22-2007, 09:27 PM
Thank you Bill. Hope we can beat a few of them anyway.

JustRalph
08-23-2007, 11:30 PM
Steve, Good Luck! Will be rooting for you........... :jump:

Ron
08-23-2007, 11:43 PM
Can I root too?

chickenhead
08-24-2007, 12:54 AM
GO STEVE! That's awesome.

sjk
08-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Thanks for all the good wishes.

Tom
08-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I am going to watch the race on TV.
You guys be sure to wave, ok?

:cool:

BillW
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
Tough run, Steve. Let us know how he came out of the race as soon as you can.

sjk
08-26-2007, 09:51 AM
He seems fine. I am looking forward to seeing the replay since watching live makes it tougher to tell what happened (although we were in a first row box on the finish line if you imagine that).

He made some contact with the 7 horse and lost a shoe in the lane and it was all downhill from there. I don't feel bad about giving it a try - you only get one chnace at it.

BillW
08-26-2007, 10:07 AM
He seems fine. I am looking forward to seeing the replay since watching live makes it tougher to tell what happened (although we were in a first row box on the finish line if you imagine that).

He made some contact with the 7 horse and lost a shoe in the lane and it was all downhill from there. I don't feel bad about giving it a try - you only get one chnace at it.

Yes, absolutely no reason to feel bad. Entry in the Travers is a tremendous accomplishment (first time for a PA poster? :) ). A big congrats for that! I saw him cash it in early in the lane (even with the unfavorable camera work by ESPN :rolleyes: ) and was hoping nothing went wrong. Glad to hear it was just the shoe and possible bump. Best of luck with the ship home and I'll look for you in Lexington this October.