PDA

View Full Version : Well, this could get very interesting....

PaceAdvantage
06-30-2005, 10:54 AM
White House taking seriously claims against Iran's new president

By NEDRA PICKLER, Associated Press Writer

WASHINGTON -- The White House said Thursday it is taking seriously the allegations of some former American hostages who say the believe that Iran's president-elect was one of their captors in the late 1970s.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/ncwire_news/story/2548606p-8952472c.html

JustRalph
06-30-2005, 12:34 PM
Why all the fuss? Interesting historical note at the most. There are probably more of those bastards walking around serving the President.........what the hell does it matter. A Scorpion is still a scorpion no matter how many heads it grows.

Tom
06-30-2005, 11:07 PM
If it is the guy, we are morally obligate to take his ass out - by whatever means available to us. And anyone who gives him aid.

Lock....load.......

wonatthewire1
06-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Yeah, it is a weird one > one of those twists of history if true.

CapperLou
07-01-2005, 12:42 AM
If it is true---now those who have not and cannot and still do not understand why we are on the ground in Af & Ir will begin to see the light and thank G-d in the near future.

These sob's in Iran and their terrorist allies are the biggest threat to the West since WWII.

We will have to deal with them sooner rather than later and this time around everything won't get messed up groundwise by waiting for "permission" (as with Turkey) to take a shortcut to the theater.

There are going to be some difficult times ahead, but we have no choice but to beat down those who would do us harm.

It is amazing how history repeats itself--religious differences and the hatreds caused. We are reliving hundreds of years ago once again--absolutely amazing, tragic, BUT TRUE!! Just remember 9/11 and when the Battle Hymn of The Republic was played at that church service!! It was not a dress rehearsal.

We Must & Will Prevail......

JustRalph
07-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Good Post Lou!!!

kenwoodallpromos
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
Nuke 'em.

Suff
07-01-2005, 12:28 PM
Just adressing the Iran issue....as I do have fundemental disgreements with Lou's assumptions and with the War on Terror specifically

This is very concerning, and we've now learned that the Vice President (female) was the spokesperson for the Radical Students that Kidnapped Americans. She had some alarming things to say about killing Americans at that time.

First of all, no question we need to be on the offense with this group, and what exactly that means I do not know at this time. I'm thinking as aggressivley as Launching a Military Inniative , to ammassing 200,000 troops on the Iraq /Iran Border and demanding sweeping changes politically that insure our security.

I would suggest funding pro-democracy grooups within Iran , in conjuction with covert operations that destable this regime, however it may even be to late for that.

Let's confirm the VP's role as a Spokesperson immediattely,.

Then using modern computer forensic technology we should be able to determine with some certainty that the new president was a Kidnapper.

That unfortunatelty put us on the agressive .....really, what other choice do we have? If it plays out "worst case" and these people are who we think they might be, then one Benefit of the Iraq Debacle will most certainly be our ability to tack SouthEast and lay it on them.

JustRalph
07-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Iranian VP was voice of the 1979 hostage-takers

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/meast/07/01/iran.president.ap/index.html

I don't think we need to do anything except employee these guys.........

http://www.af.mil/media/photodb/web/web_030414-F-0365G-002.jpg

These guys and a few cruise missiles could remove their nuke capability overnight. Then if they want to play tough.........we go from there.

Suff
07-01-2005, 12:55 PM
Iranian VP was voice of the 1979 hostage-takers

[ there.

I had read that already. Things as grave as this require me to have more than an AP story on CNN.

I'm sure the information is out there. Archived interviews and speech's and other material.

I need to put everything in the context of the times, as well get some information on what has happened in the last 25 years. I need to weigh everything.

Of course what I do matters little, I'm just being personally cautious.

Tom
07-01-2005, 06:58 PM
How fortunate that we are already on Iran's border. :D
What better place to be to address one of the axis of evil nations.
Nice planning. :ThmbUp:

ljb
07-01-2005, 10:34 PM
And I suppose you guys expected Iran to elect some American puppet ala Chalabi?

PaceAdvantage
07-01-2005, 10:46 PM
LJB, I'm surprised at you! I figured with 90% certainty that you would come here and post that the new Iranian President is actually a Bush CIA plant who looks enough like a kidnapper from the 1970s to give this administration "cause" to go and invade another poor little ol' Arab nation....

Your imagination is slipping!

chickenhead
07-02-2005, 12:30 AM
my first thought upon hearing all of this:

you telling me the CIA doesn't keep track of shit like this? They never bothered to figure out who the kidnappers were? Are you kidding me?

ElKabong
07-02-2005, 12:37 AM
my first thought upon hearing all of this:

you telling me the CIA doesn't keep track of shit like this? They never bothered to figure out who the kidnappers were? Are you kidding me?

What Chick said...

Even at that, I'm all for JR's solution to the problem. At some point with this group in Iran that will have to happen.

lsbets
07-02-2005, 09:29 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8442940/

"Austrian authorities have classified documents suggesting that Iran’s president-elect may have played a key role in the 1989 execution-style slayings of an Iranian Kurdish leader and two associates in Vienna, a newspaper reported Saturday."

In the end, I don't think any of this will have an impact on our relationship with Iran - the mullahs in charge were the same ones who blessed the hostage taking in 79, so I don't think this changes anything.

Suff
07-02-2005, 09:39 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8442940/

hostage taking in 79, so I don't think this changes anything.

What do you know about these times?

I'm reading on it, and I think we're obligated to take a look back. PA said the other day "you have the benefit" of 20/20 vision". He's right, but the benefit is worthless if not utilized.

In 1941, Germany invaded its former ally, the Soviet Union, which quickly re-allied with Britain. Concerned that Reza Shah was about to align his petroleum-rich country with Germany, the British and the Soviets occupied Iran and forced the Shah to resign in favor of his son. Iran became a major conduit for British and later American aid to the USSR. This massive supply effort became known as the "Persian Corridor", and marked the first large-scale US involvement in Iran.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mohammad_Reza_Pahlavi_of_Iran

Suff
07-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Isbets

Check this out. Here's a Link to a speech his Son gave on Democracy in Iran. It was March of this year at Harvard Business School.
http://www.rezapahlavi.org/speeches/harvard30805.html

He wrote a book, called the wings of change, Democracy in Iran. After the speech I bought his book and read it. I got a 2nd copy, had him sign it and sent it off to PA. He has it. Did he read it? But I did discuss this speech with PA.....I hope he recalls when I told him this in a PM.

"I was'nt that impressed with him. When asked tough questions about the Actions of his Fathers regime, he back pedalled. Further when asked about IRAN having the worst Human Rights record under his Fathers regime, he scapegoated.

Here he is at Harvard Business School. In the second Picture... You see the guy in the Red Shirt sitting on the aisle? Go down two seats, you see a guy in a Tan sweater, with a Bald spot, sitting on the aisle? Thats me!! Lol.

Suff
07-02-2005, 09:53 AM
I get around... :cool:

lsbets
07-02-2005, 10:15 AM
I'll read the speech later when I have more time, but there are a few things that I do know about Iran.

In its current form, candidates can only run for office once approved by the religious leaders, so when they say conservative and moderate in Iran, they mean nutjob and total wacko. Moderate probably means they don't approve of terrorist acts on the Sabbath.

The youth in Iran have had periodic demonstrations and protests over the last five years or so and have been dealt with very harshly by the secret police. The mullahs are not sure what to do, because as much as they attempt to shut the country off from western influence, things like the internet and satellite TV are letting the young dream of a more western society.

What's going to happen there? I don't know. What I would like to believe is that if the mullahs don't do something to force us to beat the hell out of them, within ten years or so as the younger generation comes of age and some of the old hardliners die off, Iran will liberalize enough to be considered a reasonable nation. The student demonstrations have happenned with enough frequency and intensity to make me optimistic when it comes to this. But, and here is the major but, do the mullahs realize this, and if they do, do they conclude that the best way to hold onto power is to force a confrontation with the US? Could that be the direction they are heading in now? Although it might seem like suicide to most observers, do they think that Bush has been weakened enough politically at home that he will not be able to take forceful action against them, so they can get away with provoking us? Remember, they are concerned with the well being of their Islamic Republic, and if it costs lives, even a lot of lives, for them to hold onto power and protect it, they will do so.

ljb
07-02-2005, 11:32 AM
LJB, I'm surprised at you! I figured with 90% certainty that you would come here and post that the new Iranian President is actually a Bush CIA plant who looks enough like a kidnapper from the 1970s to give this administration "cause" to go and invade another poor little ol' Arab nation....

Your imagination is slipping!
And I am surprised at you folks proclaiming shock that Iran would elect a leader that does not like us. You guys have got to get real someday, your imaginations have taken over all your thought processes.
ps.
Bush has never needed a viable reason to invade a foreign country, if he wants to invade Iran, he will just tell the gullible more lies and wave the 9/11 flag again.

Suff
07-02-2005, 12:10 PM
And I am surprised at you folks proclaiming shock that Iran would elect a leader that does not like us. .

It is reasonable, or at least hopeful that foriegn nations elect leaders we can cooperate with to some degree.

This is an entirely different animal. The Iran hostage situation was an act of war. imho. The fact he is the President, absolutely calls for a offensive Posture. Quick like. We need to sort this out.

Anti-John Kerry voters, felt he may be a smart guy, an experienced guy and might fit the bill as a president, in another time. But many of them felt he had crossed a line early in his life that disqualified him from holding the Presidency.

This group inherits the same dilema. Regardless if they lived under a Tyrant (and they did), regardless if thier motivations were driven by circumstances beyond thier control. The fact is ... they did what they did, and have forfieted thier rights in our lifetime. No. They can not run Iran. Plain and simple.

JustRalph
07-02-2005, 03:33 PM
And I am surprised at you folks proclaiming shock that Iran would elect a leader that does not like us. You guys have got to get real someday, your imaginations have taken over all your thought processes.
ps.
Bush has never needed a viable reason to invade a foreign country, if he wants to invade Iran, he will just tell the gullible more lies and wave the 9/11 flag again.

If we could just get him to activate LSBETS to clean out Arizona and Michigan

ljb
07-02-2005, 05:37 PM
It is reasonable, or at least hopeful that foriegn nations elect leaders we can cooperate with to some degree.

This is an entirely different animal. The Iran hostage situation was an act of war. imho. The fact he is the President, absolutely calls for a offensive Posture. Quick like. We need to sort this out.

Anti-John Kerry voters, felt he may be a smart guy, an experienced guy and might fit the bill as a president, in another time. But many of them felt he had crossed a line early in his life that disqualified him from holding the Presidency.

This group inherits the same dilema. Regardless if they lived under a Tyrant (and they did), regardless if thier motivations were driven by circumstances beyond thier control. The fact is ... they did what they did, and have forfieted thier rights in our lifetime. No. They can not run Iran. Plain and simple.

Suff,
I agree, it would be a nice world if everybody was palsy walsy. However, with the exception of Tony Blair and the Saudi Princes, the world hates us. As long as we continue to be the bully of the world this will continue. Eventually we will have another 9/11 or something similiar. The bullies of this world usually get blindsided when they are least expecting it. If we are going to take out those who wish us ill will, we had better load up the nukes and start blowing the whole thing to pieces.
ps. at one time wasn't it a crime to plot the asassination of a government head?

ljb
07-02-2005, 05:38 PM
Jr,
Personal attacks are of little value here.

Suff
07-02-2005, 05:51 PM
Suff,
, the world hates us.

Thats a .25 cent answer to a million dollar question.

The world is a complex place.

Suff
07-02-2005, 05:59 PM
I'll read the speech later .

I don't reccommend you read it. Glance at it , if anything. Its nothing. Huff and puff. This guy is Jr league. More Hollywood than Tehran.

Quick story goes... His old man was a Tryant. He fled in exile to Mauritius, and eventually into US hands. Of all places? Texas. He's lived in Exile in Texas USA for 25 years. In 79 the revolutionist's demanded the US hand him over for trial and The US refused.

This is his kid. His book was more like a phamplet, and it read as if he had no real world experience. His family fled with $$, and he lived a very sheltered (secure) life. He's an opportunist who is getting his 15 minutes.

lsbets
07-02-2005, 06:08 PM
Thank you ljb, now I understand everything. We deserved 9/11 because we are bullies and we desrve to get hit again. I never grasped that until you explained that it doesn't matter if murdering thugs run other countries, because we are the world's bad guy. Gosh, and here I thought on the 4th of July weekend, that we were the first, and really only nation, founded on the principle that rights are not granted by the government, they are endowed by the Creator, and that our message of freedom has been the most revolutionary idea that mankind has seen in at least the last 500 years, and that our citizens have fought and died to establish freedom here at home, and defend it and help to spread it abroad. But, you set me straight, we are just the bully, we're the bad guy and its no wonder everyone hates us. Thanks for clearing that up.

ljb
07-02-2005, 08:48 PM
Thank you ljb, now I understand everything. We deserved 9/11 because we are bullies and we desrve to get hit again. I never grasped that until you explained that it doesn't matter if murdering thugs run other countries, because we are the world's bad guy. Gosh, and here I thought on the 4th of July weekend, that we were the first, and really only nation, founded on the principle that rights are not granted by the government, they are endowed by the Creator, and that our message of freedom has been the most revolutionary idea that mankind has seen in at least the last 500 years, and that our citizens have fought and died to establish freedom here at home, and defend it and help to spread it abroad. But, you set me straight, we are just the bully, we're the bad guy and its no wonder everyone hates us. Thanks for clearing that up.
ls,
Please show me where I said "We deserved 9/11". DO NOT TRY TO PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH! And please get off your pulpit. If I want to be preached to, I'll listen to Boxcar.

ljb
07-02-2005, 08:55 PM
Thats a .25 cent answer to a million dollar question.

The world is a complex place.
Well you did take one phrase out of my note. And yes the world is a complex place but just killing those who disagree with us is not the answer to solving the worlds problems. As long as we continue to think our way is the only way we are going to have many who disagree with us. If we could show some understanding of those who have a different culture then us, we would probably have less folks in the world that wanted us dead. This is not to say we should lay down and let them violate us (Osama comes to mind), but if they want to worship different then us and it means no harm/danger to us then let them be. Always watching but no unprovoked attacks.

Tom
07-02-2005, 10:09 PM
So why does a whinny little weasle like Ljb, who hates this country soooo much, still live here?

I am sure he would be welcome in Iran....such a great nation, I am sure he would be happier living there than here. I got the first $100 for the pot - the fund to pay Ljb to move out of America - he don't like us, we don't need him.
Who's next? Let's build this fund up and sent the little whinny troll to a beter world.

lsbets
07-02-2005, 10:32 PM
ls,
Please show me where I said "We deserved 9/11". DO NOT TRY TO PUT WORDS INTO MY MOUTH! And please get off your pulpit. If I want to be preached to, I'll listen to Boxcar.

I'm not trying to put any words in your mouth - your words say enough on their own. And when it comes to preaching, well, personally I think you need to take some history and philosphy classes, and then we can move on to preaching, you're not quite ready to get it yet.

ljb
07-02-2005, 11:15 PM
So why does a whinny little weasle like Ljb, who hates this country soooo much, still live here?

I am sure he would be welcome in Iran....such a great nation, I am sure he would be happier living there than here. I got the first $100 for the pot - the fund to pay Ljb to move out of America - he don't like us, we don't need him.
Who's next? Let's build this fund up and sent the little whinny troll to a beter world.
Tom,
Personal attacks add nothing to the discussion. If you have a comment regarding my post go for it, otherwise do not respond to my comments. Or I will have to take you off my buddy list.

ljb
07-02-2005, 11:16 PM
I'm not trying to put any words in your mouth - your words say enough on their own. And when it comes to preaching, well, personally I think you need to take some history and philosphy classes, and then we can move on to preaching, you're not quite ready to get it yet.
And where did I say "We deserve it" ? Can't answer the question can you?

46zilzal
07-02-2005, 11:24 PM
wouldn't it be a good legacy for the prez to nominate a middle of the road judge?

Not holding my breath however and neither is the National Organization of Women who are palnning a big march on the capital

46zilzal
07-02-2005, 11:26 PM
Well you did take one phrase out of my note. And yes the world is a complex place but just killing those who disagree with us is not the answer to solving the worlds problems. As long as we continue to think our way is the only way we are going to have many who disagree with us. If we could show some understanding of those who have a different culture then us, we would probably have less folks in the world that wanted us dead. This is not to say we should lay down and let them violate us (Osama comes to mind), but if they want to worship different then us and it means no harm/danger to us then let them be. Always watching but no unprovoked attacks.

well put

kingfin66
07-03-2005, 01:56 AM
Nuke 'em.

That's a clever comment. Yeah, let's kill millions of innocent people because their leader might have kidnapped Americans. As bad as that time was, we can probably look upon those as the good old days of our relationship with the Muslim world. If it were today, they would have been D-E-A-D.

If, in fact, this is one of the hostage takers, I would like to see the rest of the world put political pressure on Iran to get rid of the guy.

I agree with an earlier post where the poster, I believe it was Chickenhead, said the CIA must have knowledge of who the terrorists are.

kingfin66
07-03-2005, 02:01 AM

Let's see what the net effect would be: Arizona = red state with 10 votes, Michigan = blue state with 17 votes. You're definitely coming out ahead on this deal.

At this point, I'm sure lsbets is happy to be home in Texas.

Suff
07-03-2005, 08:35 AM
. If we could show some understanding of those who have a different culture then us, we would probably have less folks in the world that wanted us dead. .

I disagree with the Iraq war because I beleive it was ill concieved, poorly managed, and disasterously expensive. Understanding Islam, or muslims is not a very big concern of mine.

Does it matter which one? But either the League of Nation after WW1 , or Saddam invading Kuwait in 1990. One or both of those events led to our invasion in 2002. He brought most of his troubles on himself. Post invasion infromation shows him and his two sons were froot loops.

I'm at Odds with the war on terror because

1. The Iraq debacle (reasons mentioned up)

2. Mexican Border makes any talk of National Security worthless

3. US Citizens giving up Rights of Privacy for Secuity

4. Deals like Unocal, that will increase our reliance on foriegn oil

5. Everytime a US citizen does his weekly shopping at Wal-Mart he buys an M-16 for a RED ARMY soldier.

6. Foriegn Debt makes us open to economic warfare. (China could inload our T-bills tommorrow and cost us Trillions in Interest).

Back in this thread, Lou said something about, Cannot or will not understand why we are there .. he's right. It makes absolutely NO SENSE to be there when 100 Al Queda walked across the Mexican Border this Morning. So Lou.. I don't take you serious, because you don't take the War on Terror serious. Because if you did, you'd stop trying to convince yourself that spending 400 Billion on a third world country 8000 miles from here made you safer. It did not, will not and cannot, when we have open borders and our unpatriotic corporation sell your jobs and safety to Communist China.

News of the day. 50% of the Afghan economy is Opium. Imagine that... we invaded them and turned them into the largest drug producers and traffic'rs in the world. How that works for my Country....I'm not sold on? PLus the guy we went there to get, we still don't have.

WOT?...... :lol:

JustRalph
07-03-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't disagree with the War. I do disagree with the way it is being run. We should be camping out in Syria by now. We should have twice as many troops on the ground and anybody who says a damn thing gets to meet our Air Force the hard way. Once again we try like hell to not offend anybody, and we try to make sure we give a voice to those who don't understand the meaning of the word war. It only prolongs the fight and causes more and more problems. We have not killed enough of our enemies. We have not shut down enough governments etc. And if I hear one more time that "we don't try to understand" our enemies I am going to throw up................

Suff
07-03-2005, 10:30 AM
I don't disagree with the War. I do disagree with the way it is being run. We should be camping out in Syria by now. We should have twice as many troops on the ground and anybody who says a damn thing gets to meet our Air Force the hard way. Once again we try like hell to not offend anybody, and we try to make sure we give a voice to those who don't understand the meaning of the word war. It only prolongs the fight and causes more and more problems. We have not killed enough of our enemies. We have not shut down enough governments etc. And if I hear one more time that "we don't try to understand" our enemies I am going to throw up................

That Helicopter that was shot down? 16 dead. They were looking for an ELITE group of special forces that have been missing in the Mountains of Afghansitan for 5 days. Today might be the 6th. Under the radar story....search it out. Things are heated.

46zilzal
07-03-2005, 01:10 PM
And if I hear one more time that "we don't try to understand" our enemies I am going to throw up................
Need a bucket?

Kreed
07-03-2005, 01:28 PM
46, by now you gotta know that some posters here answer questions nobody really asked to begin with. What they should do is question why Bush's incompetence as a commander killed ~1800 of our brave soldiers (so far). And for what payoff? What's in it for ME, for YOU? I really want that question answered .

46zilzal
07-03-2005, 02:25 PM
And for what payoff? What's in it for ME, for YOU? I really want that question answered .
for the rank and file? nothing...but for all those in on the LUCRATIVE GUB'MENT contracts to "re-build" what the Army has destroyed LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

wonatthewire1
07-03-2005, 04:05 PM
I don't disagree with the War. I do disagree with the way it is being run. We should be camping out in Syria by now.

I don't know why we don't invade all of the ME > it would be cool to just keep bombing them > and my Halliburton, Exxon, BP, and General Dynamics stocks just keep going up, up and up!

Keep handing me the cash guys, I don't mind
:jump:

hcap
07-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Maybe we can get Slim Pickens to strategize for the prez and his buds?

BTW Tom,
Slim's name in the movie was Maj. T.J. 'King' Kong'

http://www.indelibleinc.com/kubrick/films/strangelove/images/kingkong.jpg

Tom
07-03-2005, 07:20 PM
wouldn't it be a good legacy for the prez to nominate a middle of the road judge?

Not holding my breath however and neither is the National Organization of Women who are palnning a big march on the capital

He should nominate the best qualfied conservative leaning judge available.
Man, woman, no difference - should be ANY consideration at all. Bork still around?

Tom
07-03-2005, 07:24 PM
well put

Ref Ljb's comments too.

The problem is, they will always hate us, they will never be at peace with us. It is their culture to destroy the infidels. It is not just Bin Laden. It is the millions who follow him. This whole thing got going because we supposedly violated holy ground and pissed that brain-dead dog off. We were there to help liberate a conquered nation by another scum bag and he makes us the bad guy.
And millions listen to him. Ergo, they are as brain dead as he is and nothing more than dogs. Mad dogs. And you shoot mad dogs.

Tom
07-03-2005, 07:28 PM
for the rank and file? nothing...but for all those in on the LUCRATIVE GUB'MENT contracts to "re-build" what the Army has destroyed LOTS OF $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If you really believe that, you are a much bigger fool than I gave you credit for.

ljb
07-03-2005, 11:03 PM
Ref Ljb's comments too.

The problem is, they will always hate us, they will never be at peace with us. It is their culture to destroy the infidels. It is not just Bin Laden. It is the millions who follow him. This whole thing got going because we supposedly violated holy ground and pissed that brain-dead dog off. We were there to help liberate a conquered nation by another scum bag and he makes us the bad guy.
And millions listen to him. Ergo, they are as brain dead as he is and nothing more than dogs. Mad dogs. And you shoot mad dogs.
Ah to be able to simplify things so. They may always hate us but that still doesn't mean we have to kill them all. Where were we helping liberate a conquered nation? I think it was the British that put the Shah in control, we only became involved when we got wind of the oil . Now we can go back hundreds of years and find someone who pissed someone off and we are all still killing each other over something that happened hundreds of years ago. There has to be a better way.

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2005, 03:03 AM
It makes absolutely NO SENSE to be there when 100 Al Queda walked across the Mexican Border this Morning.

Really? Why have they waited almost 4 years and counting to attack us again?

Wouldn't it have been better to keep the attacks going right after 9/11? Why give us time to shore up our defenses here at home? Why not deliver the "death blow" when we were at our weakest?

Some folks like to give these Al Queda terrorists all the credit in the world....yet they don't appear to be operating at a very sophisticated level if you ask me....

Who should I believe? The guys yelling from the rooftops about how unsafe we are, and how we are being invaded daily by Al Queda (apparently an altogether innocuous form of this terrorist organization, as they haven't done a thing since arriving).

Or should I believe my own eyes which haven't seen or heard of one single terrorist attack since 9/11/2001.

Am I tempting fate again, or am I just being a realist?

BTW, HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

Tom
07-04-2005, 10:59 AM
They are patient and operate to their timetable, not ours.
Look how long it took between the two attacks on the WTC.
It makes more sence to me to secure the bordres than frsik old ladies and children at the airports. Taking to them in Iraq is definately good, but it's hardly the only thing we need to do.
Give them too much credit? Well, they came here, leveled the two tallest buildings in the world and scored a direct hit on the pentagon. They almost sunk a US battleship. They have killed our people in our own embassies and barracks.

How incompetant should I consider these guys?

BTW...your post would have been relevant on 9-10-01, only 8 years instead of under 4 since the last attack on our soil.
I hope you can repost it again in 2009.

46zilzal
07-04-2005, 12:16 PM
Can't have a war without a boogey man

Tom
07-04-2005, 04:10 PM
Got Three.

One in jail.
One wounded.
One still at large.

One unxpected one.....Khadafy. Turned in his WMD to us. they are now off the board. Would you prefer he still had them?

PaceAdvantage
07-04-2005, 11:38 PM
They are patient and operate to their timetable, not ours.
Look how long it took between the two attacks on the WTC.

Good point, but it still doesn't make much sense. If their goal is to rid the world of "The Great Satan," then they are going to have to go about it another way....

What is the point of being patient? It took them 8 years to come up with the plan "Get on some planes and fly them into some buildings?????????"

Give me a break. There is certainly more to this than meets the eye, but I sure as hell can't understand why they didn't continue their attacks, unless of course they AREN'T here in our country in the numbers that some suggest. And they AREN'T leaking over the border as some would have us believe. And there AREN'T as many of THEM in the world, as some like to proclaim.

Someone isn't telling the truth here....can't wait to find out who that might be.....

Tom
07-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Spot plays. They go when they have the edge.

These wack-o's live in the 13th century, so time is not as important to them as it is to us. When you live in a huge cat litter box of a country, you learn to be patient! LOL!

Maybe we are stiffling thier attempts and that is why it has taken so long, but WE have hit 100% and THEY only have to hit once. Horrible odds.

I hope you are right, but only time will tell.