PDA

View Full Version : SA SAT

SAL
03-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Picks for Santa Anita Saturday:

R1 #3 Cousineau-Her only two route attempts were troubled trips, and she didn’t run badly in them. The drop, blinkers, and stretchout mean a well meant effort today.

R2 #4 Archie’s Dream-Lots of question marks in this race, so I’m taking a price here. Returned from a layoff with a great effort in maiden breaker. Like his chances to repeat here.

R3 #3 Sigfreto-A proven performer going long on the sod. Good turf jock Nakatani takes the call today.

R4 #2 Gong-Dirt effort that Carava claimed him out of was a good one. I believe he’s primed for a good effort today.

R5 #2 Kiss’n Dyna-Another Carava runner that I like today. Has had excuses in her last few races. Should be a factor with this crew.

More to come…….

SAL
03-26-2005, 04:14 PM
R6 #7 Calster-Got his first win in almost 2 years last time when he shipped up north. Trainer/jock clicking at 30%, and he’s run decent numbers on this turf course in the past. Big price expected.

R7 #4 Bartok’s Banco-Draws the interest of Nakatani for this. Some decent am drills for debut.

R8 #2 Private Chef-Showed ability as a 3yo winning a graded stakes. Must have some physical problems because of the spotty race pattern since then, but he’s been drilling regularly for this. Not to fond of the jock, but I will take him at 5/1 or better.

R9 #1 Sea My Halo-Ships into the big leagues after impressive debut. Moves into hot barn and gets Nakatani.

R10 #8 Sweet Gazelle-Longshot play here. Barn has struck with the dirt/turf move before. Sire does well with turf runners. Price will be big.