PDA

View Full Version : TVG Frauds

Tom
02-16-2018, 04:02 PM
Matt, Caton, and the other stooge they have on today were dissing the internet today because people were talking about the hosts showing tickets - and then betting them so that there would not be a single winner if it hit. They laughed it off by saying thoise ticket were NOT what they were actually betting, so no problem. those tickets are just "suggestions."

When you suggest someone bet A and they you don't bet A but bet B, isn't that FRAUD????

And what did NYRA do to piss them off?
Just keep shuffling Aqu races to the end of the line. Classy jerks.

lamboguy
02-16-2018, 05:41 PM
Matt, Caton, and the other stooge they have on today were dissing the internet today because people were talking about the hosts showing tickets - and then betting them so that there would not be a single winner if it hit. They laughed it off by saying thoise ticket were NOT what they were actually betting, so no problem. those tickets are just "suggestions."

When you suggest someone bet A and they you don't bet A but bet B, isn't that FRAUD????

i hate to give you the bad news, but none of them have any clue about horse race gambling and the one that claims they are paddock pickers are only fooling themselves.

the only 2 shows i respect are the Hong Kong feed, real good paddock picker, and the moutaineer simulcast show, good pickers and never pick the paddock except for first time front wraps and blinkers.

therussmeister
02-16-2018, 07:59 PM

Probably the same thing NYRA did to piss me off. Run 4 horse races.

Tom
02-16-2018, 08:17 PM
I agree the product coming out of NY is disappointingly poor.
Short field, low priced, and ??? winners of too many races. Crap horses stepping off with poor form and winning at low odds.

:puke:

Saw an article in DRF last night that NYRA is committed to continue to offer winter racing. I have to ask why?
They should probably cut back to Saturday and Sunday, and give up the fantasy that big purses mean quality racing - they do not.

Poindexter
02-16-2018, 08:19 PM
How can you expect them to bet all the tickets they give out. If they are giving out roughly $50 pick 4s at 2 or 3 tracks a day, they would have to bet $100 to $150 a day. At their expected loss of 25% that means they would lose around $25 to $35 a day. Multiply that by 5 days a week and fifty times a year and they may have to look for a new job to pay their gambling debts.

It is okay if the sucker horseplayers lose that kind of money but you don't expect them to lose that kind of money do you. They are "experts" why would they bet. It is their "job" to provide masterful pick 4 plays for you so you can invest your money on their pick 4 plays and provide more revenues for TVG.

Tom
02-16-2018, 08:32 PM
I just find it annoying that low-life frauds like the TVG ass hats have time to make fun of people talking about it on the internet.

The three today were sucking the intelligence out of the air.

Please - just play Muzak - much more intelligent than the hired help.

lamboguy
02-16-2018, 08:39 PM
just yesterday there was a horse that won a nw3l that was eligible for 2 life. the field was worse that i thought it was and the out of condition horse won. they ran the horse because he missed running in the right spot due to weather cancellations.

PointGiven
02-16-2018, 10:04 PM
You said stooge so I am assuming it was Mike or Scott.

castaway01
02-16-2018, 10:48 PM
Tom's right though---I don't know or care what they actually bet out of their recommended bets, but to act like those tickets aren't presented as what they're betting is shady at best. Now they're "suggestions"...whatever.

PointGiven
02-16-2018, 11:04 PM
Especially if they play something else.

olddaddy
02-16-2018, 11:06 PM
i hate to give you the bad news, but none of them have any clue about horse race gambling and the one that claims they are paddock pickers are only fooling themselves.

the only 2 shows i respect are the Hong Kong feed, real good paddock picker, and the moutaineer simulcast show, good pickers and never pick the paddock except for first time front wraps and blinkers.

The hong kong paddock person is very good. She is in the walking ring watching the horses in every race. She will also tells you how the horse looks compared to the way the horse looked in previous races. But what I like most is she tells us when a horse doesnt look good, to me thats more important than telling when a horse looks good.

SharpCat
02-16-2018, 11:11 PM
the only 2 shows i respect are the Hong Kong feed, real good paddock picker

Yes the Hong Kong feed is very good and the lady who does the paddock picks is excellent. Very thorough breakdown of every horse.

The Quarters was very good with Les Onaka. Sadly bad health has been plaguing Les for a while now.

coachv30
02-16-2018, 11:29 PM
I can't tell you which one is more annoying than the other, I keep the volume down. I mean if I hear one more thing about Matt's wife and how she knows this or that and is friends with him or her or has first hand knowledge of this connection or that connection......:puke:

oughtoh
02-16-2018, 11:40 PM
Mike isn't any better

Tom
02-16-2018, 11:55 PM
Matt is the guy you see at the track and then quickly change your seat to another level before he sees you.

Mike is the guy whose car you see in the parking lot and turn around and head for OTB.

Elkchester Road
02-17-2018, 12:43 AM
Matt is the guy you see at the track and then quickly change your seat to another level before he sees you.

Mike is the guy whose car you see in the parking lot and turn around and head for OTB.

Nice hand, sir. Take the pot. :D:lol:

alhattab
02-18-2018, 09:59 AM

Tom you're astute enough to know what the talking heads' jobs are. It isn't to hand out winners. It isn't to provide information. It is to get viewers to wager. Anything else they do or discuss is a means to that one goal. That goal pervades all the discussions other than the nonsense about what Mike Joyce is drinking these days, and even that may contain some sort of subliminal messaging!

Now sometimes I do believe they provide some good info, and I will admit to their info influencing my opinion such as body language and trainer interviews. But I acknowledge all this is provided to get me to wager, whether I have TVG on because I am intently betting the races or because it is because I am casually watching.

Tom
02-18-2018, 10:46 AM
I know what their job is and I don't care - a jerk is a jerk.
They felt fine dissing their customers, so I have problem calling them out for what they are - frauds. Just because it's their jobs done's exclude from reality, although I doubt Matt ever experienced reality!

Basically, they are shills.
They should not be upset when they get called out.

Try posting a pic 6 ticket here in Selections, then, after it loses, post that it was just a suggestion and you didn't play it, but had the real one.

See what words worse than "shill" you get back! :lol::lol:

;)

thaskalos
02-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Come to think of it...it's a blessing that the TVG hosts aren't actually betting their advertised picks. With their high level of handicapping skill...the game would be a lot tougher to beat with their money actually in the pools. :)

CincyHorseplayer
02-18-2018, 10:56 PM
Rather hear people talking about horses no matter what. Who gives a shit?!:D

lamboguy
02-19-2018, 09:31 AM
just curious to know if anyone has bet on in play races with Betfair? and if you did, how much could you get down for and at what point of the race did they accept wagers?

rrpic6
02-19-2018, 09:48 AM
Kurt Hoover sends it in. He's been caught more than once forgetting to turn his mike off after a bad beat. All the hosts bet, just not EVERY ticket they give out.

RR

upthecreek
02-19-2018, 10:52 AM
just curious to know if anyone has bet on in play races with Betfair? and if you did, how much could you get down for and at what point of the race did they accept wagers?
From Exchange website:

What is In-Race Wagering?
In-play betting offers customers the unique opportunity to bet on a race after it has started. Markets are turned in-play at the start of the race and customers can bet throughout the duration of the race until the winning horse crosses the finishing line.

What is the in-race bet delay?
There is a one second bet delay applied to all bets placed in-play.

Ive never noticed the amount of $ wagered, but I cant believe its much Also theres such a delay between the App and TV its crazy The other day I was watching a race from Tampa, a mile and something on turf and I had the Betfair App open. On the TV the horses passed the finish line the first time, while on the App , they were still loading in the gate.

Tom
02-19-2018, 11:01 AM
Rather hear people talking about horses no matter what. Who gives a shit?!:D

Sunday, Matt and Mike ver debating the finer points of what determines if it is sleeting or snowing.

Must see TV! :pound::pound::pound:

PointGiven
02-19-2018, 11:14 AM
That's all Mike does. My consumption of TVG has drastically reduced because of the nonsense. If Mike and Scott are together I'd rather see if the dentist can work me in. Less painful.

But some of the blame has to go to management and producers. Somebody has to be in his ear telling him to knock it off.

They mange to get the point of pimp the pick 6 across

CincyHorseplayer
02-19-2018, 11:48 AM
Sunday, Matt and Mike ver debating the finer points of what determines if it is sleeting or snowing.

Must see TV! :pound::pound::pound:

I think Mike is friggin hilarious! I'd love to party with those guys. Seriously though I don't have horseplayers around me a ton so I like hearing anybody just talkin about the game in any aspect. Conversations like this? I'd have to make shit up too if I was mic'd up for hours! I'd get kicked off air because I got an endless stream of dirty jokes and poetry laced profanities! Give em a break Tom!:D

pandy
02-19-2018, 12:49 PM
I think Mike is friggin hilarious! I'd love to party with those guys. Seriously though I don't have horseplayers around me a ton so I like hearing anybody just talkin about the game in any aspect. Conversations like this? I'd have to make shit up too if I was mic'd up for hours! I'd get kicked off air because I got an endless stream of dirty jokes and poetry laced profanities! Give em a break Tom!:D

Mike Joyce does have a quick and clever wit.

castaway01
02-19-2018, 01:02 PM

I've done it as NJ has access. On British races, because of the length of most race (long) and the amount of money in the pool, you can get some money down until 3/4 of the way through the race (obviously your odds get worse and worse as the possible winners become more and more clear). If there's a likely winner heading down the stretch, you can get down a few dollars at 1-100 odds on those horses. You'd better be right more than 99 times out of 100 to make a profit.

On American races, there is very little liquidity before the races start, much less after they're running. They offer in-race wagering on some tracks, not all. I'm sure people have made money on a race now and then by backing longshots where a horse is 4 lengths up but loses the rider or totally stops in the final strides, but if you're just the average guy wagering it's not the easy path to riches, that's for certain.

BIG49010
02-19-2018, 04:11 PM
I suggest you watch races the old fashion way, like Keeneland 20 years ago, with the mute button on! I don't know how people can listen to that constant chatter, that is the nice thing about track feeds, but that gets rather expensive.

GMB@BP
02-19-2018, 04:47 PM
Kurt Hoover sends it in. He's been caught more than once forgetting to turn his mike off after a bad beat. All the hosts bet, just not EVERY ticket they give out.

RR

Kurt Hoover is a tremendous handicapper and player.

I know he doesnt stack up to the foes around here but yea, he can play the game.

Copyroomjim
02-19-2018, 06:19 PM
Lets see, 6 horse 18k maiden claimer at Santa Anita goes at same time as 500k 11 horse Stake race at Oaklawn and TVG split screens it. IDIOTS

GMB@BP
02-19-2018, 06:21 PM
Lets see, 6 horse 18k maiden claimer at Santa Anita goes at same time as 500k 11 horse Stake race at Oaklawn and TVG split screens it. IDIOTS

full screen at my house on tvg

cj
02-19-2018, 06:36 PM
full screen at my house on tvg

They split screened it on TVG, full screen on TVG2.

I get it is frustrating, but they have contracts in place and they have to do stuff like this.

Tom
02-19-2018, 06:42 PM
Earliere, they said go to TVG2, so I tried it again and there it was.

The stuff you WANT them to talk about.......:bang:

GMB@BP
02-19-2018, 06:48 PM
They split screened it on TVG, full screen on TVG2.

I get it is frustrating, but they have contracts in place and they have to do stuff like this.

I thought Shrupp said they were holding the post parade so they could show it full screen with sound, they ran the SA race and then the Oaklawn race...unless it was tape delay.

either way, your right, its contractual, i have both but understand those that would be irritated.

PointGiven
02-19-2018, 06:53 PM

Yup. I had the mute on of course didn't know it was a claimer, but said to myself it probably was. They do this sort of nonsense all the time.

It's so bad I didn't unmute when I saw Christina.

rrpic6
02-19-2018, 07:50 PM
Kurt Hoover is a tremendous handicapper and player.

I know he doesnt stack up to the foes around here but yea, he can play the game.

Good stuff! Some of the TVG guys that are down for the Keeneland meets have said the same thing in chit chats. :lol:

RR

cj
02-19-2018, 08:22 PM
I thought Shrupp said they were holding the post parade so they could show it full screen with sound, they ran the SA race and then the Oaklawn race...unless it was tape delay.

either way, your right, its contractual, i have both but understand those that would be irritated.

I was talking about the Razorback where it was split screened on TVG. The Southwest was shown I believe as they didn't go off at the same time.

therover
02-19-2018, 10:08 PM
My man is Perloff....he has an angle for every horse in the race. Cracks me up.

'If you go 5 back, the horse had a jock switch, trainer change, just claimed, went to the lead, hopped on one hoof angle....running the same type of race today so it should hit the board'.

When I do listen to them, I understand their job. They are media personnel first and foremost. They gotta push their product anyway they can. Most of the time I bet and watch using my phone or PC.

I do miss the 'Ice Cold' shout out.

No matter what...I can look at Britney all day long.

PointGiven
02-19-2018, 10:56 PM
Agreed. She is beautiful. But more importantly she stays on point. Talks about the horses. The Sunday's she and Christina do Santa Anita makes it worth watching.

ultracapper
02-20-2018, 08:36 PM
My man is Perloff....he has an angle for every horse in the race. Cracks me up.

'If you go 5 back, the horse had a jock switch, trainer change, just claimed, went to the lead, hopped on one hoof angle....running the same type of race today so it should hit the board'.

When I do listen to them, I understand their job. They are media personnel first and foremost. They gotta push their product anyway they can. Most of the time I bet and watch using my phone or PC.

I do miss the 'Ice Cold' shout out.

No matter what...I can look at Britney all day long.

My favorite Zep song.

therover
02-21-2018, 06:38 AM
My favorite Zep song.

Mine too ! That's the reason for the name.

ultracapper
02-21-2018, 01:38 PM
LOVE IT!!!

DGroundhog
02-21-2018, 04:22 PM
I'm surprised so many are shocked by this.

If you were to ask me who I think is most likely to win a race, it probably isn't going to be the horse I am betting on because it comes down to if the odds reflect the chances of winning - and I am probably trending towards longer shots with better chances to win than their odds suggest.

You are getting 'tips' on tickets with reasonable chances of winning that generally fit a given dollar range. TVG might request a PK6 ticket of roughly $50-$75 and their own personal tickets might be closer to $500 or $1000.

Tom
02-21-2018, 05:16 PM
Nothing wrong with that idea, but then say so - don't post a ticket like it is what you are betting, and then betting something else. Label it as a "suggested play."

Integrity is cheap.

But what got me was that the three clown that they are were laughing and putting down the people of the internet who objected to it.

You can't fix classless.

thaskalos
02-21-2018, 05:27 PM
I'm surprised so many are shocked by this.

If you were to ask me who I think is most likely to win a race, it probably isn't going to be the horse I am betting on because it comes down to if the odds reflect the chances of winning - and I am probably trending towards longer shots with better chances to win than their odds suggest.

You are getting 'tips' on tickets with reasonable chances of winning that generally fit a given dollar range. TVG might request a PK6 ticket of roughly $50-$75 and their own personal tickets might be closer to $500 or $1000.

I don't care about the accuracy of their picks, because all of us lose many more times than we win. What I find laughable is the fact that most of them are totally unprepared in their pre-race commentaries...which forces them to make their selections on the fly. They sometimes pick horses that are scratched...or stammer when they try to find the horse that figures to benefit from the presumed "flow" of the race. I mean...this is their JOB, and they get paid a good salary. Can't they prepare ahead of time so they don't seem so confused when they discuss these races?

Another thing that irks me is when the race is won by a horse that they've never mentioned pre-race...and they then proceed to give a litany of reasons why the horse might have been a good bet to win, as if the longshot was somehow IGNORED. They aren't too smart before the race...but they become EXPERTS afterwards. Very childish, IMO.

DGroundhog
02-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Well they were laughing at classless people who were playing their picks so there wouldn't be a single winner.

PointGiven
02-21-2018, 06:16 PM
Have to agree. Being unprepared is just wrong. But it goes back to the two schools of thought, both have been expressed here. Entertainment or horse person.

To many of them think the "work" is being on television.

I am fine with giving out selections and check marks, play or not is up to the customer.

But give information, talk about each horse as they pass by. Not about wine.

It's great to be personable and talk about other stuff here and there. But way often than not it's the other way around.