PDA

View Full Version : Democrat response to the SOTU

Tom
01-30-2018, 08:27 PM
Probably will need a full, clean thread to handle all the memes and re-tweeted twit remarks from the cartoon boys. This one has a special virtual drain installed so we can handle the overflow of melting!

Buy, the dems deserve their very own drinking game for tonight.
One that captures the true nature of liberalism. Every time
Trump says the word "I", all dems should immediately chug....................SOMEONE ELSE'S beer!

:pound::pound::pound: Oh, I kill me sometimes! :lol:

Clocker
01-30-2018, 08:55 PM
Maxine Waters is giving the rebuttal to the SOTU on BET-TV.

How about chugging a beer every time she says something incoherent? :popcorn:

Nah, there ain't that much beer.

davew
01-30-2018, 08:59 PM
Maxine Waters is giving the rebuttal to the SOTU on BET-TV.

How about chugging a beer every time she says something incoherent? :popcorn:

Nah, there ain't that much beer.

If you are going to watch it, then have a drink every time she says IMPEACH.

Clocker
01-30-2018, 09:08 PM
If you are going to watch it, then have a drink every time she says IMPEACH.

I really want to watch it, but I already made plans to straighten out my sock drawer.

horses4courses
01-30-2018, 09:11 PM
There may not be time to get the rebuttal in.
What are the chances of the POTUS being led out of there in handcuffs?

:lol:

Nutz and Boltz
01-30-2018, 09:18 PM
There may not be time to get the rebuttal in.
What are the chances of the POTUS being led out of there in handcuffs?

:lol:

Or a straight jacket,

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:42 PM
More likely on the shoulders of the house and senate.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Pretty good speech so far.

Greatest part for me so far was Trump talking about Black Unemployment and Hispanic Unemployment being at an all time low, and the Dems (including African American democrats) just sitting there all glum and depressed while the Republicans applaud heartedly...

Good stuff dems...you're just like the sour pusses in this thread thinking he's going to be leaving the chamber in handcuffs, when in reality, you're looking at another 7 years of this.

OntheRail
01-30-2018, 09:46 PM
Old Nancy Pelosi looks like she sucking lemons... :pound:

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:47 PM
At the rate Trump is going, maybe 11 more!

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 09:51 PM
Dems must be kicking themselves under their seats for having to stand for the parents of the MS-13 slain kids out here on Long Island...I know they didn't want to...but I guess unlike low black unemployment, this one was just too much to sit there motionless with that trademark frown on their faces.

Tom
01-30-2018, 09:55 PM
Nice touch - he brought an ICE agent.
Would be great if the dems brought some illegals and they get busted!

That one ICE agent has done more this country than everyone of the dems in there tonight.

horses4courses
01-30-2018, 09:57 PM
Dems must be kicking themselves under their seats for having to stand for the parents of the MS-13 slain kids out here on Long Island...I know they didn't want to...but I guess unlike low black unemployment, this one was just too much to sit there motionless with that trademark frown on their faces.

Sorry to burst your bubble, PA, but
black unemployment fell 4% under Obama.
So far, in a year, it's come down another 1%.

I know it makes you very proud, but you must
realize that you're still riding the economic wave.

Enjoy it while you can.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:03 PM

Enjoy it while you can.That's cool...what I found shocking was that black democrats couldn't even applaud that...it's not even political...and it looked very bad.

Trump didn't say "hey, look what I did." He just stated a positive fact, and they couldn't even applaud for that? That's pretty sad.

horses4courses
01-30-2018, 10:10 PM
That's cool...what I found shocking was that black democrats couldn't even applaud that...it's not even political...and it looked very bad.

Trump didn't say "hey, look what I did." He just stated a positive fact, and they couldn't even applaud for that? That's pretty sad.

I never saw the GOP ranks applauding our last president very much.
Of course, you will cry he was a traitor and brought this nation to
it's knees. Naturally, that's an outright lie. Pretty sad one, too.

Tom
01-30-2018, 10:11 PM
Fact is, the Black unemployment rate skyrockets under 0bama before it fell later on.

Are you libs gonna whine about that cop adopting the baby instead of killing it instead?

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:12 PM
I never saw the GOP ranks applauding our last president very much.
Of course, you will cry he was a traitor and brought this nation to
it's knees. Naturally, that's an outright lie. Pretty sad one, too.I saw Dems applaud some stuff Trump said...even saw Nancy applauding at one point.

Were they told, "don't applaud during the first 10-15 minutes NO MATTER WHAT" or something? :lol:

It's just so ****ing stupid at this point. Keep it going...it looks good on you.

I know Republicans sat on their hands for Obama just like Dems are doing tonight.

But how do you not applaud African American and Hispanic employment all time lows? Especially if you are an elected black representative...that just looks so freaking stupid...kind of cutting off your nose to spite your face. Are they UNHAPPY that Black & Hispanic unemployment is low? That's what it seems like.

Tom
01-30-2018, 10:23 PM

Enjoy it while you can.

Who was PResident in 2009-10-11-12?

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

horses4courses
01-30-2018, 10:28 PM
Who was PResident in 2009-10-11-12?

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/LNS14000006

Oh, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:
I must have missed the part where I
said that it fell in consecutive years.

Just illustrates even more that it takes
time to alter the course of a large vessel.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:29 PM
Kamala Harris is doing a lot of standing and applauding...for a Dem anyway...guess that means it's a total lock she'll be running for president in 2020...:lol:

Would make for some interesting opposition campaign ads if she was sitting there all sourpussed like the rest of them during universally positive statements are made, especially concerning Black & Hispanic prosperity.

Like I said...sad

Tom
01-30-2018, 10:31 PM
Oh, I'm sorry. :rolleyes:
I must have missed the part where I
said that it fell in consecutive years.

Just illustrates even more that it takes
time to alter the course of a large vessel.

After it climbed faster than the Space Shuttle! :lol:

You got nothing, dude.....nothing.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:44 PM
Is Joe Kennedy drooling? A little young for a Kennedy to be drooling at this stage in life, no?

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Wait a minute Joe Kennedy III...are you saying white supremacists never marched through the streets until Trump was elected.

Even the left on here would agree that's a nice helping of fake news right there.

jocko699
01-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Is Joe Kennedy drooling? A little young for a Kennedy to be drooling at this stage in life, no?

I think it is genetics. Hopefully he will out grow it and return to Chappaquiddick

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:47 PM
I dare say Joe is about to cry for us.

That's it. I'm registering as a DEM right after he finishes this moving speech.

Tom
01-30-2018, 10:47 PM
Is that car behind the one Uncle Teddy drowned that girl in?
Is he wearing pants behind the podium?
Looks like he is drooling - is there a single girl in the front row?

What a pathetic family to use.
Losers and woman users all of them.

Disgusting.
The family that DID rig an election for JFK.
The family that chickened out on the Bay of Pigs and left those people to die.

The most perverted bunch of losers in our history. :puke:

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:49 PM
Don't forget his namesake, the NAZI SYMPATHIZER and ANTI-SEMITE.

wisconsin
01-30-2018, 10:52 PM
Like that little snipe "...and Russia"

Can't go a breath without it.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:52 PM
That's it...he just spoke to me in Spanish...I'm officially converting to the Democratic Party tomorrow morning!

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:55 PM
I was only kidding.

BTW, I wonder what the P stands for...I can only wonder...:lol:

This guy is a giant P.

wisconsin
01-30-2018, 10:55 PM
His generation will tear down the wall.

He said this.

Now, we are bullies.

He said it.

What a putz.

PaceAdvantage
01-30-2018, 10:56 PM
What a putz.That's one option. Not exactly what I was thinking, but it fits.

OntheRail
01-30-2018, 10:59 PM

I think it's Vaseline... or some other type of grease to ease the drivel he spewed.

wisconsin
01-30-2018, 10:59 PM
That's one option. Not exactly what I was thinking, but it fits.

One must keep it clean around here.

He was frothing at the mouth. I saw it. For 2 seconds I thought Conan O'brien changed his name.

zico20
01-30-2018, 11:03 PM
Why is Kennedy speaking in Spanish if all the dreamers are fluent in English. If they have been here for years they better be able to speak English otherwise they have no chance for success in the USA. Just more dividing of the people, that's all.

mostpost
01-31-2018, 12:00 AM
I thought Kennedy's speech was great. After reading the comments here, I know it was great.

PaceAdvantage
01-31-2018, 12:02 AM
I thought Kennedy's speech was great.I'm SHOCKED! :pound:

johnhannibalsmith
01-31-2018, 12:04 AM
I thought Kennedy's speech was great. After reading the comments here, I know it was great.

Please, regardless of who said what, the guy was a clown. His first love must have been the theater and she was having none of it. Painful to watch and managed to make Trump look better. Just about as bad as it gets.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 12:45 AM
Please, regardless of who said what, the guy was a clown. His first love must have been the theater and she was having none of it. Painful to watch and managed to make Trump look better. Just about as bad as it gets.I like Kennedy a lot and few would deny that he'll likely be the face of the democratic party sooner than later, but I agree he's not the most natural public speaker. He often sounds stilted and awkward. I'm sure he will improve as he gets more comfortable and confident being in the spotlight.

Clocker
01-31-2018, 12:53 AM
I'm sure he will improve as he gets more comfortable and confident being in the spotlight.

Which we all know is much more important than competence or effective policy.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 12:56 AM
Which we all know is much more important than competence or effective policy.Those are actually his strengths, and why I like him. And his exceptional character.

A real breath of fresh air compared to the current White (Out)-House

Clocker
01-31-2018, 01:34 AM
Those are actually his strengths, and why I like him. And his exceptional character.

Please, a kid with no experience and no achievements. A son of former Representative Joseph P. Kennedy II, he worked as a Peace Corps volunteer and as an assistant district attorney. Wow!

"Exceptional character"? An oxymoron with the Kennedy clan until proven otherwise.

Tell him to come back in 10 years and show us what he has done.

hcap
01-31-2018, 04:54 AM
Pretty good speech so far.

Greatest part for me so far was Trump talking about Black Unemployment and Hispanic Unemployment being at an all time low, and the Dems (including African American democrats) just sitting there all glum and depressed while the Republicans applaud heartedly...

Good stuff dems...you're just like the sour pusses in this thread thinking he's going to be leaving the chamber in handcuffs, when in reality, you're looking at another 7 years of this.He should have said Thanks Obama instead of patting himself on the back

https://fm.cnbc.com/applications/cnbc.com/resources/editorialfiles/charts/2018/01/1515165930_blackunemployerate.JPG

https://media1.tenor.com/images/bb085837f8d3c6569b1d5ca5d3a87261/tenor.gif?itemid=7676988

Granted the schmuck of the union took undue credit for the 8 years before him. And all of the reopug ass kissers circle jerrked their way into oblivion.

Clocker
01-31-2018, 11:08 AM
Many on the left are whining about the choice of Kennedy, a white male who inherited his wealth and position, and who many have judged to be not progressive enough in his policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/30/left-blasts-tone-deaf-inexcusable-joe-kennedy-pick-privileged-white-man-who-is-not-progressive-enough/

davew
01-31-2018, 11:17 AM
Bernie says, I don't understand how the President can give a State of the Union and not mention climate change

https://www.yahoo.com/news/bernie-sanders-don-apos-t-034300944.html

Tom
01-31-2018, 11:59 AM

The kindergarten classes loved it - it was so down to their level.

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:04 PM
I like Kennedy a lot and few would deny that he'll likely be the face of the democratic party sooner than later, but I agree he's not the most natural public speaker. He often sounds stilted and awkward. I'm sure he will improve as he gets more comfortable and confident being in the spotlight.

All needs to do is get his make up and wardrobe finalized and he will ready to step up the Kennedy political standard in the Democrat Party!

The next member of the ASS_CLown Posse!:pound::pound::pound:

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:06 PM
"Exceptional character"? An oxymoron with the Kennedy clan until proven otherwise.

Means he hasn't been arrested for drugs or sexual misconduct yet.

Maybe someday the kid can "bridge" the gap of diversion in this country...."

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:18 PM
Hopefully the kid will learn from his family's years of political experience.

Clocker
01-31-2018, 12:23 PM
Is that Uncle Ted's car behind him? :eek:

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/01/Rep_Joe_Kennedy_gives_Democratic_response_to_State _of_The_Union_1517372375896_32913149_ver1.0_640_36 0.jpg?resize=580%2C260

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:24 PM
I think it is genetics. Hopefully he will out grow it and return to Chappaquiddick

And take HILLARY with him!

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Which we all know is much more important than competence or effective policy.

That, and the ability to swim.
The kid comes a history of triathletes.

Tom
01-31-2018, 12:34 PM
Those are actually his strengths, and why I like him. And his exceptional character.

Not often the Kennedys give anyone a breath of fresh air.
John Farrar, head of the volunteer search and rescue team in Edgartown, reached the scene in 20 minutes the next morning and found Kopechne’s corpse twisted in such a way as to indicate she was searching for pockets of air. Farrar believes she lived for two hours after the crash — not that his testimony would ever go on record.

“I was told outright by the D.A.’s office that I would not be allowed to testify on how long Kopechne was alive in the car,” he told People magazine in July 1989. “They were not interested in the least in anything that would hurt Ted Kennedy.”

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/03/31/unmentioned-in-the-ted-kennedy-lovefest-mary-jo-kopechnes-pointless-death/

Yes, what this country needs is another Kennedy.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 12:42 PM
:D Trump is an open sore of a human being, who you champion as a great golden god, but by all means, keep raking a good man over the coals for his.. great uncle? :lol: :ThmbUp:

onefast99
01-31-2018, 01:00 PM
:D Trump is an open sore of a human being, who you champion as a great golden god, but by all means, keep raking a good man over the coals for his.. great uncle? :lol: :ThmbUp:
He has accomplished a good amount of positives in his first year, can you name any Obama accomplishment in his first year other than repeating the same line 100's of times..."The former administration has given me a lot to work with, or should I say unravel" JTFF.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 01:14 PM
He has accomplished a good amount of positives in his first year, can you name any Obama accomplishment in his first year other than repeating the same line 100's of times..."The former administration has given me a lot to work with, or should I say unravel" JTFF.Are you serious? Has Trump used any line more than, "I inherited a real mess, folks"

Who inherited more of a mess, Trump or Obama? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 01:29 PM
I like Kennedy a lot and few would deny that he'll likely be the face of the democratic party sooner than later, but I agree he's not the most natural public speaker. He often sounds stilted and awkward. I'm sure he will improve as he gets more comfortable and confident being in the spotlight.

Give him a little time. He’s a baby Kennedy. He hasn’t even killed a women yet.........

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 01:30 PM
Give him a little time. He’s a baby Kennedy. He hasn’t even killed a women yet.........
Yeah, and maybe he can "bend over" Stormy too, right Ralph?

Trump is bending them over like he did Stormy

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 01:35 PM
Yeah, and maybe he can "bend over" Stormy too, right Ralph?

I get the feeling ole Joey isn’t exactly a ladies man.......

chadk66
01-31-2018, 01:37 PM
Old Nancy Pelosi looks like she sucking lemons... :pound:you'd look like that too if you had to sit there and watch your parties election chances go spiraling down the shitter.

davew
01-31-2018, 02:00 PM
I am surprised they had a white male give the response, since the dim party seems to be going full fascist mode, wanting to eliminate the white male population...

https://reclaimourrepublic.files.wordpress.com/2015/06/obama-fascism-moralmatters.jpg?w=640

mostpost
01-31-2018, 04:11 PM
Many on the left are whining about the choice of Kennedy, a white male who inherited his wealth and position, and who many have judged to be not progressive enough in his policies.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/01/30/left-blasts-tone-deaf-inexcusable-joe-kennedy-pick-privileged-white-man-who-is-not-progressive-enough/
Breitbart, the bastion of white male privilege, is complaining about the choice of a white male. That is irony.

mostpost
01-31-2018, 04:13 PM
The kindergarten classes loved it - it was so down to their level.
You're confusing Kennedy's speech with Trump's.

mostpost
01-31-2018, 04:20 PM
He has accomplished a good amount of positives in his first year, can you name any Obama accomplishment in his first year other than repeating the same line 100's of times..."The former administration has given me a lot to work with, or should I say unravel" JTFF.
You are right. Obama never accomplished anything. He never caused thirteen million people to lose their life insurance. He never issued executive orders that will make it easier for industries to pollute or rivers and streams. He never issued orders targeting a specific religious group in direct violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution. He never threatened to arrest his opponent in the election. He never colluded with Russia. He never appointed incompetents and fools to high level posts.

GaryG
01-31-2018, 04:28 PM
He never appointed incompetents and fools to high level posts.Attorneys General Eric F Holder and Loretta F Lynch? Well, maybe you are right, more correctly they were tools of the racist POTUS.

wisconsin
01-31-2018, 04:35 PM
You are right. Obama never accomplished anything. He never caused thirteen million people to lose their life insurance. He never issued executive orders that will make it easier for industries to pollute or rivers and streams. He never issued orders targeting a specific religious group in direct violation of the First Amendment to the Constitution. He never threatened to arrest his opponent in the election. He never colluded with Russia. He never appointed incompetents and fools to high level posts.

No, Obama mandated millions get coverage or be penalized. And he signed via executive orders umpteen regulations placing undue stress on many companies. It was Obama who targeted religious groups, Trump went after religious discrimination, and who also told Dmitry Medvedev to tell Putin he would have more flexibility after the election.

He didn't appoint fools, but he appointed his friends.

Thanks for playing.

jocko699
01-31-2018, 04:58 PM
Are you serious? Has Trump used any line more than, "I inherited a real mess, folks"

Who inherited more of a mess, Trump or Obama? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not even close, Trump did.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 05:10 PM
Not even close, Trump did.
I’ll give you an extra :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
for such a high level of comedy :ThmbUp:

jocko699
01-31-2018, 05:17 PM
I’ll give you an extra :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
for such a high level of comedy :ThmbUp:

Boy Danny you sure are living up to my expectations.

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 05:36 PM
Boy Danny you sure are living up to my expectations.
It's my expectation that someone who makes an absurd statement will make at least a little bit of effort to explain or defend their rationale..

In the real world, I mean. Not here, obviously. :lol:

jocko699
01-31-2018, 05:46 PM
It's my expectation that someone who makes an absurd statement will make at least a little bit of effort to explain or defend their rationale..

In the real world, I mean. Not here, obviously. :lol:

That is exactly what you have been told repeatedly. Keep trying!!!

Clocker
01-31-2018, 05:47 PM
Who inherited more of a mess, Trump or Obama?

Obama inherited an economy that was just bottoming out and starting to rebound. He took office at the end of January, 2009, and the recession was over by June of that year. He then presided over the longest, slowest recovery of the modern era.

While presidents are usually given more credit or blame than they deserve for the economics of their terms, the policies of Obama and the Democrats certainly contributed to the very slow recovery. The economy recovered in spite of Obama, not because of him.

Trump's mess remains to be seen. He inherited a business environment and a stock market that were highly optimistic over the defeat of Hillary. The opinion on Trump was mixed, good on things like taxes, bad on things like tariffs. Check back in a year or two.

Clocker
01-31-2018, 05:49 PM
Breitbart, the bastion of white male privilege, is complaining about the choice of a white male. That is irony.

They are not complaining. They are reporting that a lot of lefties are complaining. Do you see the difference?

Clocker
01-31-2018, 05:54 PM
He never caused thirteen million people to lose their life insurance.

Was that a Freudian slip? Is an individual life insurance mandate next on the Liberal Agenda?

Hint: allowing people to voluntarily drop unwanted government mandated health insurance is not causing them to lose it.

barahona44
01-31-2018, 05:55 PM
Is that Uncle Ted's car behind him? :eek:

https://i1.wp.com/www.powerlineblog.com/ed-assets/2018/01/Rep_Joe_Kennedy_gives_Democratic_response_to_State _of_The_Union_1517372375896_32913149_ver1.0_640_36 0.jpg?resize=580%2C260

Looks like he was just about to change the oil.To prove he's a "Regular Joe"

Clocker
01-31-2018, 05:57 PM
Looks like he was just about to change the oil.To prove he's a "Regular Joe"

I hate to think what an oil change from a Massachusetts Democrat would cost. :eek:

FantasticDan
01-31-2018, 06:04 PM
While presidents are usually given more credit or blame than they deserve for the economics of their terms, the policies of Obama and the Democrats certainly contributed to the very slow recovery. The economy recovered in spite of Obama, not because of him.

"Presidents are usually given more credit or blame than they deserve for the economics of their terms".. having said that, you immediately don't give Obama ANY credit for the recovery, and even suggest that he worked against it. Taking your initial assertion to a whole new level :lol:

Classic. :ThmbUp:

barahona44
01-31-2018, 06:12 PM
I hate to think what an oil change from a Massachusetts Democrat would cost. :eek:

When I lived in the Bay State it was $19.95 plus tax and oil recovery fee ($2.00 I believe ) at Monro Muffler.

However, I forgot to ask Stan, the owner, what his party affiliation was. :D

Zydeco
01-31-2018, 06:21 PM
Hopefully the kid will learn from his family's years of political experience.

Remember the ad in National Lampoon?? "If Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen he would be President today!!" Found it online but can't get it to post.

Clocker
01-31-2018, 06:21 PM
"Presidents are usually given more credit or blame than they deserve for the economics of their terms".. having said that, you immediately don't give Obama ANY credit for the recovery, and even suggest that he worked against it. Taking your initial assertion to a whole new level

My point was that if you have an impact on an outcome, you can either get credit or blame for it. While Obama may have done some good things to help the recovery (none come to mind), his net impact was to slow it down. At the same time, I am saying that he wasn't the only reason for the slowness of the recovery.

Whatever positive impact he might have had was offset by the negative, and therefore the net result is a share of the blame. If you do good and bad things at work, your boss doesn't give you a raise and fire you. It's one or the other.

jocko699
01-31-2018, 06:27 PM
Remember the ad in National Lampoon?? "If Ted Kennedy had driven a Volkswagen he would be President today!!" Found it online but can't get it to post.

This one?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=28

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 06:37 PM
I just emailed Kennedy a half off coupon on pilot training.......:ThmbUp:

Thinking about a gofundme

Zydeco
01-31-2018, 07:13 PM
This one?

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=8&pictureid=28

The Volkswagen floating on the water. A parody of Volkswagen ad in the early 70's that Vw's would float.

GaryG
01-31-2018, 07:40 PM
Mary Jo did not die in vain. She saved us from at least four years of living hell. I hated seeing him in the Senate for all those years, but better than POTUS. Without Chappaquiddick and Sirhan it could have been....shit, who knows?

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 07:46 PM
The Volkswagen floating on the water. A parody of Volkswagen ad in the early 70's that Vw's would float.

They float. About a minute and a half

RunForTheRoses
01-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Joyce Carol Oates wrote a good Novella about the Swimmer (as Bob Grant would call him), good and sad read:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/15974.Black_Water

And as a Public Service (ask not what PA Off Topic can do for you...):

davew
01-31-2018, 08:08 PM
I just emailed Kennedy a half off coupon on pilot training.......:ThmbUp:

Thinking about a gofundme

I would suggest he stay out of all planes, unless the Clinton clan is definitely out of all running in anything he may be interested in.

elysiantraveller
01-31-2018, 09:17 PM
"Presidents are usually given more credit or blame than they deserve for the economics of their terms".. having said that, you immediately don't give Obama ANY credit for the recovery, and even suggest that he worked against it. Taking your initial assertion to a whole new level :lol:

Classic. :ThmbUp:

Obama gets credit for avoiding the collapse of the western financial system. Pretty big deal. Bush gets some too. After that he killed growth and recovery with an over-regulatory environment and the albatross that was the ACA.

You get props for good stuff and hits for bad. So far Trump has slashed regulations and lowered corporate taxes both good things and investor outlook is obviously positive. He's got three years to mess it up still.

davew
01-31-2018, 09:23 PM
Obama gets credit for avoiding the collapse of the western financial system. Pretty big deal. Bush gets some too. After that he killed growth and recovery with an over-regulatory environment and the albatross that was the ACA.

You get props for good stuff and hits for bad. So far Trump has slashed regulations and lowered corporate taxes both good things and investor outlook is obviously positive. He's got three years to mess it up still.

don't forget the couple trillion in shovel ready jobs and the health insurance plan that increased most premiums 2-3 times over 3 years ...

in a couple years before the next presidential election, even the dimmest should be able to see the difference in the country under 0bama vs Trump

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 09:42 PM
Joe Kennedy’s house.....

Interesting what surrounds it

JustRalph
01-31-2018, 09:48 PM
Ann Coulter on SOTU

“Drawing on his family's mystique, Rep. Joseph Kennedy III delivered the Democratic rebuttal while standing in an auto body shop in front of a broken-down car. The only thing missing was a wet girl in the back seat, seaweed in her hair, desperately scratching at the windshield.”

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-01-31.html#read_more

horses4courses
02-01-2018, 12:05 AM
Ann Coulter on SOTU

“Drawing on his family's mystique, Rep. Joseph Kennedy III delivered the Democratic rebuttal while standing in an auto body shop in front of a broken-down car. The only thing missing was a wet girl in the back seat, seaweed in her hair, desperately scratching at the windshield.”

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2018-01-31.html#read_more

One resembling Ann Coulter, I hope.
Stretching it a bit to call her a girl, though.
More mare than filly there.

fast4522
02-01-2018, 12:14 AM
One resembling Ann Coulter, I hope.
Stretching it a bit to call her a girl, though.
More mare than filly there.

Ha Ha, I got that one. How about some piss on your cornflakes, hmm did I mean snowflakes.

Got to figure out those Jpeg buttons Mike was talking about.

PaceAdvantage
02-01-2018, 12:26 AM
Ha Ha, I got that one. How about some piss on your cornflakes, hmm did I mean snowflakes.

Got to figure out those Jpeg buttons Mike was talking about.The button is only for when you hotlink to an image elsewhere.

If you attach/upload the actual image from your computer (like you did), then sizing will never be a problem.

davew
02-01-2018, 12:39 AM
Got to figure out those Jpeg buttons Mike was talking about.

shouldn't Samantha Power be on there as well? or is there just not enough space for all the mugshots needed?

Lemon Drop Husker
02-01-2018, 02:47 AM
Good speech.

Far from great, but extremely good for Trump as he simply isn't a good (much less great) public speaker.

70% of the public found it positive according to CBS. CBS then went on to rip on the speech. :pound:

Who gives a **** what the talking heads on your TV have to say. They consist of .0000000000001% of the vote.

What do you think? What do you want?

HE spoke to me and what I want as an American voter and long time taxpayer.

Tom
02-01-2018, 10:53 AM

The Breakfast of whiners!