PDA

View Full Version : Passwords

Tom
12-23-2017, 12:17 PM
When you log in to websites, you normally see your password as ******
Is there a way to get rid of the useless symbols and see the real letters?

I am trying to log in at BRIS on another computer, and do not remember the password. I click on forgot password and they send me a link to reset it.
BUT.....the page they sent me to requires I enter the old PW in order to change it. Duh. Big help.

Is there way to get rid of the stupid ***** for good?
I have zero reason to hide my password.

Thanks

jay68802
12-23-2017, 12:23 PM
I think the ****** comes from the website and you can't change it. If it will help, I will bang my forehead on my desk for you. Good luck.

Augenj
12-23-2017, 12:42 PM
I use a password manager which contains all of the user ids, passwords and challenge questions that the site needs. It contains about 100 sites and I don't remember any of the user ids and passwords. There are several password managers out there, both web based and local on your computer. I don't trust the web based password managers since everything on the net seems to be getting hacked. I use a local one called KeePass.

https://keepass.info/download.html

JustRalph
12-23-2017, 03:33 PM
What browser?

Tom
12-23-2017, 04:04 PM
Chrome - I found it in there.
You can click on show for the passwords.

JustRalph
12-23-2017, 04:35 PM
Chrome - I found it in there.
You can click on show for the passwords.

That’s where I was going :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-23-2017, 08:43 PM
Yeah, but finding it and getting the moron websites to accept it are two different things. Too many website are run by people who no idea how to do it.
I get emails 5-6 times week from this one I am trying to log in to. It keeps telling me to enter my email and I can change my password, because some stupid reason, they deleted them all in November. When I do, it tells my email is not valid.

The more I use the internet, the less I find it worth my time.
This may be my last year using the GD thing.:ThmbDown:

Longshot6977
12-24-2017, 04:04 PM
Here's a nifty extension for Chrome that reveals the asteriks to show the password on any site. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/password-revealer/gldhelojchodefkemcnpaagnokhjlmia?hl=en

Tom
12-25-2017, 12:21 PM
COOL!

Thanks, will try it today.