PDA

View Full Version : WHo will be the democrat nominee for president 2020?

davew
12-20-2017, 02:33 PM
This will probably be a wide open race with as many as 20 contenders. Who do you think will end up being the nominee.

My first pick is Joe Biden. (although I have a futures bet on Michelle 0bama)

lamboguy
12-20-2017, 02:52 PM
Al Gore

zico20
12-20-2017, 03:18 PM
You two both picked a white Christian male. The Democrats don't allow those people to be the nominee anymore. I am going with Senator Warren. A liberal woman from the northeast.

RunForTheRoses
12-20-2017, 03:18 PM
Kamala Harris, two birds one stone

Tom
12-20-2017, 04:18 PM
Won't be Hillary......

According to a new Gallup Poll measuring Clintonís favorability from Dec. 4 through Dec. 11, Clintonís rating is down 5 points since June -- to just 36 percent. Her unfavorable rating is at 61 percent, a new high.

BaffertsWig
12-20-2017, 04:19 PM
TULSI :headbanger:

reckless
12-20-2017, 04:26 PM
Won't be Hillary......

I agree and we all know that.

BUT, I was hoping it will be Hillary!, act deux.

As some of us all knew in 2016, she is the easiest candidate for Trump to defeat, again.

If I had to bet right now, I still think Al Gore Jr. will be their No. 1 chance. If he declines, Kamala Harris and Cory Booker will slug it out for the racist Democrat Party nomination.

davew
12-20-2017, 04:33 PM
I was thinking Liz Warren, buy not now that she has a racist term in her honor

Pocahontas -> white person who claims ethnicity for EOE advantage

ElKabong
12-20-2017, 04:39 PM
You two both picked a white Christian male. The Democrats don't allow those people to be the nominee anymore. I am going with Senator Warren. A liberal woman from the northeast.

You hit the nail on the head. No more white men for awhile. As I posted a year ago, they'll run a minority or an ultra liberal female that isn't 90 years old, won't collapse on the streets of New York, and isn't lazy to the point of not caring to get on planes that travel to that pesky rust belt.

They know what works for them, what doesn't. If they can find someone less of a lightening rod than fauxcahontas, that person will be gifted the nomination via hook or crook.

I'm still predicting a dem victory in 2020. The press leading up to this next election will be even worse and slanted than what we saw a year ago. All tricks will be pulled and we will all be losers for it.

MutuelClerk
12-20-2017, 05:19 PM
Cuban.

FantasticDan
12-20-2017, 05:24 PM
The nomination would likely be Joe Kennedy's for the taking, if he wanted it.

But he's very young, and seems more inclined to take his time..

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/09/03/joe-kennedy-trump-democrats-241544

Tom
12-20-2017, 05:27 PM
Cuban.

Why not a Cuban?
They already had a Kenyan.

kingfin66
12-20-2017, 06:53 PM
Governor Jay inslee of Washington.

woodtoo
12-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Jesse Ventura

boxcar
12-20-2017, 07:03 PM
The Revvvvvvvverend Al Sharpton. His running mate will be Whoopitup Goldberg. :coffee:

forced89
12-20-2017, 07:07 PM
Joe Biden if he doesn't show his age, otherwise Mark Cuban.

chadk66
12-20-2017, 08:58 PM
The way things are looking they should just sit this one out and save the cash for 2024.

MutuelClerk
12-20-2017, 10:16 PM
Joe Biden if he doesn't show his age, otherwise Mark Cuban.

Not show his age? He'd have to look like Joan Rivers. I think Cuban would destroy Trump. Beat him at his own game.

barahona44
12-20-2017, 11:35 PM

This country had 56 consecutive presidential elections in which every major party candidate was a " white Christian male".So, what's your point?

And may I point out the three nominees who were lacking at least one of the WCM attributes in the last three elections all received more votes than their opponent.

It's the Republicans who don't allow women and racial minorities to be the nominee.Not then and not now.

Fager Fan
12-21-2017, 12:06 AM
This country had 56 consecutive presidential elections in which every major party candidate was a " white Christian male".So, what's your point?

And may I point out the three nominees who were lacking at least one of the WCM attributes in the last three elections all received more votes than their opponent.

It's the Republicans who don't allow women and racial minorities to be the nominee.Not then and not now.

Let's be real. Both parties readily accept both women and racial minorities. That's an unfair charge to both parties.

davew
12-21-2017, 12:12 AM

if you are thinking another black muslim then Keith Ellison.

Lemon Drop Husker
12-21-2017, 07:06 AM
Kamala Harris, two birds one stone

Nail meet hammer.

I have little doubt she'll be getting huge play.

If the Dems were smart, she would be their candidate for 2020. She checks off every box on the Dem political spectrum, and is by far one of the smartest Dems on the planet as she runs circles around Pelosi, Schumer, Warren, Franken, Perez, Ellison, and the rest of the entire party.

rastajenk
12-21-2017, 08:03 AM
Smart, really? I only know what I see on Twitchy, but most of her policy pronouncements in the form of tweets seem to reveal a lack of understanding about essential governing principles. She would get the sympathetic treatment from the media, for sure, but that doesn't make her smart.

It could be fun to watch The Party try to appease all its factions while satisfying none of them...like herding cats! :jump:

Tom
12-21-2017, 09:35 AM

Sara Palin was in the VP slot.
Hillary got the slot by colluding with he DNC to keep Bernie, a white male out of it. Disgusting thing for the DNC to do to its member who supported him, but the DNC never gives a Kenyan Krap about its members.

Racetrack Playa
12-22-2017, 11:44 AM
Could it be NY Governor Adny Cuomo and Debbie Wasserman-Schlitz(VP?), they represent the party surprisingly well:rip:zombies all the lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeahBLM0QaQ

barahona44
12-22-2017, 12:07 PM
Could it be NY Governor Adny Cuomo and Debbie Wasserman-Schlitz(VP?), they represent the party surprisingly well:rip:zombies all the lot..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IeahBLM0QaQ

After Hillary,the Dems first qualification for a candidate will be clean hands.Those 2 are far away from that as you can get especially Dandy Andy.

thaskalos
12-22-2017, 12:21 PM
Former Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz. The man's rhetoric has been having a distinctly "political" bent lately...even though he is reluctant to reveal his political aspirations for the future. Hey...after Donald Trump...WHY NOT? If we are looking for a leader with "penetrating vision", then Schultz qualifies nicely...IMO. :ThmbUp:

Tom
12-22-2017, 12:35 PM
Could never vote for him - Starbucks coffee is worse than p***.
I bought one cup in my lifetime and after one sip, threw it out the car window on the Thruway enroute to Toga. Took $30 worth of beer to get the taste out of my mouth. And a quart of spring water. :p

boxcar
12-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Could never vote for him - Starbucks coffee is worse than p***.
I bought one cup in my lifetime and after one sip, threw it out the car window on the Thruway enroute to Toga. Took $30 worth of beer to get the taste out of my mouth. And a quart of spring water. :p

I'm with you. And I'm a big coffee drinker...but Starbucks does nothing for me. :coffee:

Tom
12-22-2017, 03:45 PM
I'm with you. And I'm a big coffee drinker...but Starbucks does nothing for me. :coffee:

Starbucks and the DNC has the same effect on me...

"Nausea, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, diarrhea"

lamboguy
12-22-2017, 08:29 PM
where i live they have 6 different coffee joints within 150 yards of each other.they have a Dunkin Donut, Starbuck, Cafe Fixe, Cafe Nero, a greek coffee shop and another combination bakery coffee shop. they aren't exactly giving the coffee away either and the places all look like they are packed all day. its really to bad that i don't drink tea, coffee or hot chocolate. i just drink water.

fast4522
12-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Why not a Cuban?
They already had a Kenyan.

The problem that they have is they will have NO traction if President Donald J. Trump stays the Jobs President for the next three years. Its negative effect is that it will croak Europe, at least it is better than us.

zico20
12-22-2017, 10:55 PM
where i live they have 6 different coffee joints within 150 yards of each other.they have a Dunkin Donut, Starbuck, Cafe Fixe, Cafe Nero, a greek coffee shop and another combination bakery coffee shop. they aren't exactly giving the coffee away either and the places all look like they are packed all day. its really to bad that i don't drink tea, coffee or hot chocolate. i just drink water.

I hope you drink Fiji water, it is the best.

davew
01-01-2018, 09:59 PM
this guy thinks Biden can beat Trump

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-apos-win-overwhelmingly-133822742.html

Afleet
01-01-2018, 10:06 PM
fidel castro

BaffertsWig
01-02-2018, 09:27 AM
Not show his age? He'd have to look like Joan Rivers. I think Cuban would destroy Trump. Beat him at his own game.

Anyone but Hillary will destroy Dotard Drumpf in 2020 (if he survives this term)

Tom
01-02-2018, 09:35 AM
Keep telling yourself.......and by all means, keep a close on those polls! :pound:

upthecreek
01-02-2018, 10:14 AM
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/democrats-are-already-campaigning-2020-so-trump-n831651

upthecreek
01-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Anyone but Hillary will destroy Dotard Drumpf in 2020 (if he survives this term)

Why because the country is doing so well?

Unemployment at a 17 year low
Dow up 5000 for 2017-1st time
Nasdaq and S&P at record highs
New home sales at a 10 year high
45 year low in illegal immigration
1.5 million fewer people on food stamps today as compared to last Jan.
Record Xmas spending season
Back to back 1/4's of 3+% growth?
80% of Americans going to see a tax cut this year?

upthecreek
01-02-2018, 10:20 AM
this guy thinks Biden can beat Trump

https://www.yahoo.com/news/joe-biden-apos-win-overwhelmingly-133822742.html

And good old Geraldo Rivera says he hope Biden runs, because Trump would eat him for lunch Biden is a nit wit.

zico20
01-02-2018, 10:21 AM
Why because the country is doing so well?

Unemployment at a 17 year low
Dow up 5000 for 2017-1st time
Nasdaq and S&P at record highs
New home sales at a 10 year high
45 year low in illegal immigration
1.5 million fewer people on food stamps today as compared to last Jan.
Record Xmas spending season
Back to back 1/4's of 3+% growth?
80% of Americans going to see a tax cut this year?

That is EXACTLY why Democrats will vote against Trump, they can't stand prosperity. They will attempt to convince independents that this is actually bad for them.

davew
01-02-2018, 10:27 AM
That is EXACTLY why Democrats will vote against Trump, they can't stand prosperity. They will attempt to convince independents that this is actually bad for them.

... and they can not survive without help from the government. Zuckerburg wants to give everyone universal basic income.

http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/26/news/economy/mark-zuckerberg-universal-basic-income/index.html

MutuelClerk
01-02-2018, 10:33 AM

He will easily survive the term. IF he chooses to run again and the Dems in their infinite wisdom bring out a re-tread they will have no chance against any Republican. The Dems need a new voice. Not an old echo.

Clocker
01-02-2018, 10:50 AM
Good news! Chelsea Clinton is now legally old enough to run for president. :jump:

woodtoo
01-02-2018, 02:02 PM
Good news! Chelsea Clinton is now legally old enough to run for president. :jump:
:headbanger:
C'mon down Chelsea show us what papa and mama learned you.:lol:

classhandicapper
01-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Most likely the person won't be white, biologically male, or cisgender. He, she, zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, or e (the list keeps growing) will probably claim to be Christian for political purposes, but actually hate Christianity and other religions that promote intrinsic standards of good and evil, moral and immoral etc...except Islam. Democrats can't say anything bad about Muslims for now because they are a minority in the US and will vote with them. It doesn't matter what they do or who they oppress overseas. The other exception is when they are promoting their own subjective views as being intrinsic truths and oppressing others for thinking otherwise.

I hope that narrows down the list of democrats a little.

davew
01-02-2018, 02:59 PM
Most likely the person won't be white, biologically male, or cisgender. He, she, zie, sie, ey, ve, tey, or e (the list keeps growing) will probably claim to be Christian for political purposes, but actually hate Christianity and other religions that promote intrinsic standards of good and evil, moral and immoral etc...except Islam. Democrats can't say anything bad about Muslims for now because they are a minority in the US and will vote with them. It doesn't matter what they do or who they oppress overseas. The other exception is when they are promoting their own subjective views as being intrinsic truths and oppressing others for thinking otherwise.

I hope that narrows down the list of democrats a little.

Mich(ael)lle 0bama fits these requirements

Tom
01-02-2018, 03:12 PM
:headbanger:
C'mon down Chelsea show us what papa and mama learned you.:lol:

She has to make her first kill before she can run!

davew
01-02-2018, 08:06 PM
She has to make her first kill before she can run!

What makes you sure she has not? She was part of Clinton Foundation and involved with Haiti...

biggestal99
01-03-2018, 07:58 AM
I can tell you who it will not be. A white male.

Allan

dkithore
01-05-2018, 09:36 AM
This will probably be a wide open race with as many as 20 contenders. Who do you think will end up being the nominee.

My first pick is Joe Biden. (although I have a futures bet on Michelle 0bama)
My long shot contender pick is Tulsi Gabbard. A veteran. Straight shooter. Photogenic brown skinned and intelligent. A dark horse for 2024.

barahona44
01-05-2018, 01:20 PM
My long shot contender pick is Tulsi Gabbard. A veteran. Straight shooter. Photogenic brown skinned and intelligent. A dark horse for 2024.

I think she will need to become either a Senator or Governor to be put her in a better position to run for President.House of Reps isn't a good place to launch a Presedential bid, too tough to stand out from that crowded place.If you aren't Speaker of the House,nobody outside your district knows who you are.

I've seen her a couple of times on tv and she's pretty impressive.And only 36 so she has time on her side.

davew
01-08-2018, 03:16 PM
Oprah can give a good speech

Tom
01-10-2018, 09:53 AM
Computer used artificial intelligence algorithms to find the potential candidate that best represents the democratic views and ut has found the ideal candidate for 2020.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rv7gOnJMyH0

chadk66
01-10-2018, 11:34 AM
It will probably take until at least 2024 to even find anybody with a snow balls chance in hell

woodtoo
01-11-2018, 10:50 AM
Maxine Waters she loves herself.:pound:

Inner Dirt
01-11-2018, 03:59 PM
Reps isn't a good place to launch a Presedential bid, too tough to stand out from that crowded place.If you aren't Speaker of the House,nobody outside your district knows who you are.

So you are telling me no one within a 20 mile radius of Inglewood California knows who Maxine Waters is?

barahona44
01-11-2018, 04:38 PM
So you are telling me no one within a 20 mile radius of Inglewood California knows who Maxine Waters is?

The representatives that are well known outside their districts are usually well known for all the wrong reasons, like your girl Maxine. :D

James Garfield is the only one who was elected President while serving as a Congressman when elected. I'll bet you can name both your Senators but how many of the representatives from your state do you know?

classhandicapper
01-12-2018, 09:07 AM
I can tell you who it will not be. A white male.

Allan

If he's gay or at least non binary he would still probably qualify.

hcap
01-12-2018, 11:17 AM
The way things are going, repugs should start thinling about who will be thir nominee.

Suggestion Joe Arpaio. Adherent of Trump his undying Obama birther theory. Should score big here

_______
01-12-2018, 11:52 AM
If I were assembling a draft list for people I thought would run deep into the primary season Iíd start with Kirsten Gillibrand.

She is obviously running. Her hard disconnect with former mentors Bill and Hillary along with calling for her friend Al Franken to resign over sexual harassment charges tells me she is reading the temperature of the party base and positioning herself for a run.

Iíd struggle whether to have Kamela Harris or Bernie Sanders as my 2nd pick but whomever I didnít choose would be my 3rd choice with Joe Biden 4th.

Cory Booker 5th. Sherrod Brown and Elizabeth Warren would have to be on the list somewhere.

As united as Democrats are in their opposition to Trump, they also face deep divisions over the direction of the party that arenít going to be easily papered over. A Bernie Sanders or Elizabeth Warren isnít going to win but the question is how far they manage to drag the eventual nominee toward positions that arenít going to win a general election.

chadk66
01-12-2018, 12:24 PM
heard they were sitting this one out due to not having a snow balls chance in hell of winning. save up money to take a serious run in 2024

davew
02-07-2018, 07:35 PM
Eric Holder or Joe Biden to continue what 0bama started...

barahona44
02-07-2018, 09:42 PM
heard they were sitting this one out due to not having a snow balls chance in hell of winning. save up money to take a serious run in 2024

George H.W. Bush has big approval ratings his first 2 years in office.Then the economy soured and Bubba was elected.A lot can happen in a couple of years.

BUT you are correct, if the economy stays strong and there are no major issues confronting the country, then Trump should win a second term.In that case, just like Walter Mondale, Robert Dole or John McCain facing an unwinnable election, the Democratic nominee will be a consolation prize for one of the old soldiers like Al Gore or Joe Biden, kind of like a career achievement for party loyalty.The young guns will sit it out until 2024.

woodtoo
02-07-2018, 10:18 PM
The unbeatable Wiener/Holder :D

jocko699
02-07-2018, 10:24 PM
The unbeatable Wiener/Holder :D

That depends on whether their constituents "grip" them:pound::pound::pound: