PDA

View Full Version : Trouble With Online Videos

lefty359
12-15-2017, 03:55 PM
I have Windows 8 and everytime I try to play a youtube video or any online video Most the time I get a green screen but audio part plays okay, Sometimes the videos do play correctly but mostly the green screen. Anyone know anything about this? Best Buy was no help.

JimG
12-15-2017, 05:30 PM
I googled it and here is what came up.

https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/1230977?hl=en

lefty359
12-16-2017, 01:19 PM
Thanks, JimG but none of the fixes seem to apply to me. I've had he problem since computer was new and didn't have the problem with Win7. They should've stuck win Win 7, course no money in that I guess.

AltonKelsey
12-17-2017, 01:41 AM
you don't give much information, but I'd say it might be your video drivers. Try reinstalling them for whatever card or built in video you're running

lefty359
12-18-2017, 05:19 PM
It's only online videos like YouTube, Ads, Webinar replays etc that do this. Any video that is downloadable I can see okay. But a lo of courses and lessons that I buy use their own servers to host videos and won't let them be downloaded. So, it's only online that gives me problems and every now and then, they play okay too.

Longshot6977
12-18-2017, 10:58 PM
Try using the VLC player (free download) and install any available codecs. This app runs almost any type of media with no problems. Google it for your favorite source to D/L from. Here is one link of many https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.en_GB.html

lefty359
12-19-2017, 04:41 PM
I have that, but it's for offline videos. Once again, my problem is with online videos like YouTube, replays of webinars, videos that are hosted online. Sometimes the online videos play okay but most of the time they don't. Hence the frustration.

wilderness
12-23-2017, 04:33 AM
You don't say what browser your using or whether you added a plug-in for Youtube videos?

Please note, not all browsers or plug-ins are created equal.

I'm able to play most Youtube videos,m and watch races online, however forget about a TV or News channel video.

In addition, many sites are now using 3rd party Clouds for video and if you have a setting preventing 3rd party cookies, than the video may not play (IMO no video is worth changing the 3rd party cookie setting).

lefty359
12-23-2017, 04:53 PM
I have these problems with firefox, chrome, and internet explorer. But as I said, sometimes the videos play fine but most times, green screen and just sound.

Longshot6977
12-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Try these things and let us know the outcome or any changes. https://blog.fonepaw.com/youtube-green-screen.html

I had a similar issue about 4 or 5 years ago and some setting in the IE properties fixed it. I think it was related to hardware/software acceleration settings. G/L

Tom
12-23-2017, 08:46 PM
Maybe Flash?
Everyplace says I need it, but I will not use it.
It is just no good.
When I did use, I have nothing but problems, including the green screen.
I think Flash gets treated like a virus of something. I know FF will not let me use it.

lefty359
12-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Thanks, but when I rightclick youtube videos as hey suggest, I see no settings,
But today, videos are playing ok on Chrome but not Firefox or IE.