PDA

View Full Version : Korber Foundation Report

elysiantraveller
12-05-2017, 03:06 PM
Very interesting report on ze Germans view the world. Definitely shows where we are right and wrong in some of our own assumptions. Graphs start at page 30ish.

Here (https://www.koerber-stiftung.de/fileadmin/user_upload/koerber-stiftung/redaktion/berliner-forum-aussenpolitik/pdf/2017/The-Berlin-Pulse.pdf)

JustRalph
12-05-2017, 04:41 PM
Very interesting report on ze Germans view the world. Definitely shows where we are right and wrong in some of our own assumptions. Graphs start at page 30ish.

Here (https://www.koerber-stiftung.de/fileadmin/user_upload/koerber-stiftung/redaktion/berliner-forum-aussenpolitik/pdf/2017/The-Berlin-Pulse.pdf)

Yep.......I’ll get right on that one......:lol:

Fager Fan
12-05-2017, 04:44 PM

Lol

Tom
12-05-2017, 04:54 PM
Why would some german's view of the world show us where we are wrong?
We have heard world views from several germans - none of them very good.:rolleyes:

davew
12-05-2017, 05:00 PM
What kind of report on German perceptions would include a section by Condoleezza Rice?

It is like a report on Syrians' perception of the world by Hillary Clinton.

elysiantraveller
12-05-2017, 05:10 PM
Did anyone even open the report?

It has nothing to do directly with the US. Just a different perspective that's interesting. But hey being open minded to how other people see the world certainly isn't in vogue around here.

For instance immigration is their chief concern... but hey... don't learn anything outside your bubbles.

elysiantraveller
12-05-2017, 05:13 PM

Wasn't posted to prove any "point" was posted because it's interesting. Their concerns echo some on here... but hey it would require reading something different. A thing most here are allergic too.

chadk66
12-05-2017, 05:52 PM
I don't know anybody that gives a rats ass what germans think of the U.S. We're winning now. Those days are over

elysiantraveller
12-05-2017, 06:13 PM
I don't know anybody that gives a rats ass what germans think of the U.S. We're winning now. Those days are over

That's not the study you twit. It's literally a survey on a wide variety of topics asked to the German people. It has virtually ****ing nothing to so with the US. In fact since you're too damn lazy to open before commenting their largest concern in terms of foreign policy is... ding ding... immigration.

It was an interesting survey that had interesting results I thought you all might find interesting.

BUT no...

You're so ****ing polarized everything has to have an agenda.

JustRalph
12-05-2017, 09:44 PM
Wasn't posted to prove any "point" was posted because it's interesting. Their concerns echo some on here... but hey it would require reading something different. A thing most here are allergic too.

I get your point. But I read about 150 things a day. I had an app that tracked it for me back in the day. That was before I had an iPad though. Probably more now, I was just bustin your bunions a little. I just have to be real choosy anymore. I’m a very busy guy right now every day. So I pick and choose with a little more of a filter

elysiantraveller
12-05-2017, 10:03 PM
I get your point. But I read about 150 things a day. I had an app that tracked it for me back in the day. That was before I had an iPad though. Probably more now, I was just bustin your bunions a little. I just have to be real choosy anymore. I’m a very busy guy right now every day. So I pick and choose with a little more of a filter

No worries. The results of a lot of polls were fairly interesting given Germany's role in Europe and the EU at this time.

Fager Fan
12-05-2017, 11:57 PM
That's not the study you twit. It's literally a survey on a wide variety of topics asked to the German people. It has virtually ****ing nothing to so with the US. In fact since you're too damn lazy to open before commenting their largest concern in terms of foreign policy is... ding ding... immigration.

It was an interesting survey that had interesting results I thought you all might find interesting.

BUT no...

You're so ****ing polarized everything has to have an agenda.

You're calling someone lazy for not reading some 30+ page report?

elysiantraveller
12-06-2017, 12:28 AM

All the charts are on page 30 or so. You can flip through it in a matter of minutes.

NJ Stinks
12-06-2017, 01:31 AM
I was surprised that Germans voted Israel Germany’s most important partner in the Middle East.

And it was interesting to read that Germany voted France in and us out: "In comparison to 2016, France has rolled past the US as Germany’s most important and second most important partner." (I would not say this is shocking though. Donny Boy is leading us now after all. :jump:)

And one more German view: Germans are as conflicted about the effect Brexit will have on the EU as the Brits are themselves.

elysiantraveller
12-06-2017, 10:02 AM
I was surprised that Germans voted Israel Germany’s most important partner in the Middle East.

And it was interesting to read that Germany voted France in and us out: "In comparison to 2016, France has rolled past the US as Germany’s most important and second most important partner." (I would not say this is shocking though. Donny Boy is leading us now after all. :jump:)

And one more German view: Germans are as conflicted about the effect Brexit will have on the EU as the Brits are themselves.

The French thing honestly isn't that surprising IMO. Both are considered the bulwarks to any concept of Unified European defense and they are the two largest economies on the mainland.

I do agree though that there are several interesting things you can draw from how Germans see the world. Emphasis on a United Europe. They are happy with how they are managing the EU and Currency despite being the "rich uncle" of the Eurozone. They are interested in greater European unity and autonomy from the US...

Its a very interesting survey.

Tom
12-06-2017, 11:20 AM

Lazy is the one who just posts a link to rather than discuss it.

OntheRail
12-06-2017, 01:28 PM
All the charts are on page 30 or so. You can flip through it in a matter of minutes.

Charts and Graphs... is that not the domain of hcap....

NJ Stinks
12-06-2017, 06:20 PM
Lazy is the one who just posts a link to rather than discuss it.

Your best buddy, Ralphie, does it all the time. Never heard you bitch to Ralphie, Mr. Call It Like I See It. :rolleyes:

elysiantraveller
12-06-2017, 07:43 PM
Charts and Graphs... is that not the domain of hcap....

Mostly just poll results on a variety of foreign policy issues.

Based on the way I view foreign policy I found their answers quite interesting.

Like I said I didn't have any sort of agenda posting it other than the data is unexpected in and of itself and thought it might lead to an interesting conversation. Guess not.

elysiantraveller
12-06-2017, 07:44 PM
Your best buddy, Ralphie, does it all the time. Never heard you bitch to Ralphie, Mr. Call It Like I See It. :rolleyes:

The point was to look then discuss like we did. Not assume its got some agenda behind it and attack the person posting it.

Tom
12-06-2017, 08:39 PM

Ralph never accused anyone of being lazy for not reading them, Mr. Close but No Cigar.

elysiantraveller
12-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Why would some german's view of the world show us where we are wrong?
We have heard world views from several germans - none of them very good.:rolleyes:

Cast the first stone.

Contempt prior to investigation.

Insert any platitude you want Tom. I posted something I found interesting without agenda and got a bunch of typical prick responses when no comment would have sufficed.

Fager Fan
12-07-2017, 08:10 AM
Cast the first stone.

Contempt prior to investigation.

Insert any platitude you want Tom. I posted something I found interesting without agenda and got a bunch of typical prick responses when no comment would have sufficed.

It was funny. "Here's what Germans think.. and it's a study over 30 pages long," was about the least enticing carrot to click on a link I can think of.