PDA

View Full Version : Churchill Downs Bans Daily Racing Form On-Track Sales

ldiatone
11-23-2017, 12:55 PM
Churchill Downs Bans Daily Racing Form On-Track Sales; Launches Rival Product
Management of Churchill Downs and Daily Racing Form – two iconic racing institutions that date back to the 1800s – apparently will not be sitting down together for a Thanksgiving Dinner.

The two parties have been feuding in recent months, culminating with Churchill Downs opting to ban on-track sales of the daily racing newspaper founded in 1894. In conjunction with that decision, Churchill Downs has developed its own print product, the Churchill Downs Betting Guide, which includes past performances, news and analysis from Brisnet.com, a racing data company also owned by Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI), parent company of the Louisville racetrack founded in 1875. Brisnet.com publishes an array of on-line handicapping products.

Afleet
11-23-2017, 12:57 PM
Churchill Downs Bans Daily Racing Form On-Track Sales; Launches Rival Product
Management of Churchill Downs and Daily Racing Form – two iconic racing institutions that date back to the 1800s – apparently will not be sitting down together for a Thanksgiving Dinner.

The two parties have been feuding in recent months, culminating with Churchill Downs opting to ban on-track sales of the daily racing newspaper founded in 1894. In conjunction with that decision, Churchill Downs has developed its own print product, the Churchill Downs Betting Guide, which includes past performances, news and analysis from Brisnet.com, a racing data company also owned by Churchill Downs Inc. (CDI), parent company of the Louisville racetrack founded in 1875. Brisnet.com publishes an array of on-line handicapping products.

I would think most people buy their pps online beforehand(at least I do), but it is still not a good idea IMHO

Tom
11-23-2017, 01:28 PM
Are they still open?

upthecreek
11-24-2017, 08:27 AM
https://www.paulickreport.com/news/ray-s-paddock/churchill-downs-bans-daily-racing-form-track-sales-launches-rival-product/#nws=mcnewsletter

duncan04
11-24-2017, 09:55 AM
Maybe a little competition will be good. Haven't bought a DRF since they jacked up their prices.

therussmeister
11-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Maybe a little competition will be good. Haven't bought a DRF since they jacked up their prices.

Which time?

Afleet
11-24-2017, 11:11 AM

I have complained to them many times to no avail. I just can't seem to handicap using Bris info so I have to keep paying DRF whatever they charge

Afleet
11-24-2017, 11:16 AM
never understood why CD blocks their live signal online-makes no sense. Why would you want to block your product from your customers? I understand that they are trying to force people to Twinspires ADW, but this makes no business sense. It would be like Amazon blocking customers from buying products because they are not an Amazon Prime member

Afleet
11-24-2017, 11:28 AM
We need to set up a booth across from CD, on private property, on Derby and BC weekends and sell the DRF-we will make a killing. Buy CD pps online for $2.95 and sell for $6-by Derby post time we will have plenty of money to bet with;)

thaskalos
11-24-2017, 11:41 AM
Why would the DRF presume to charge "significant additional fees" in order to include the CD past performances in their product? I could easily be wrong here...but it seems to me that the DRF-brass is overplaying their hand here. The DRF simply isn't the "major player" in this game that it once was.

davew
11-24-2017, 12:18 PM
it sure seems like Churchill Downs company and Stronach Group company are doing a good job splitting the declining horse racing market in North America - I wonder which will win?

upthecreek
11-24-2017, 12:25 PM
He has a free newsletter you can sign up for, delivered to your inbox a few times a week

http://www.latimes.com/sports/more/la-sp-horse-racing-newsletter-20171123-htmlstory.html?utm_source=Horse+Racing&utm_campaign=807602460c-HORSE_RACING_NEWSLETTER&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f97a24dcb5-807602460c-82323621

GMB@BP
11-24-2017, 01:19 PM
yea there are many sides to this story.....but at the bottom its the horse players who get to bare the brunt of the warring that goes on...game of thrones is a good analogy.

in the world of horse playing you either win or you die.

Tom
11-24-2017, 02:53 PM
Between DRF and CD, it is wonder the game has survived!
Can't say a good thing about either one of them.

PaceAdvantage
11-26-2017, 05:25 PM
Threads merged

DrunkenHorseplayer
11-29-2017, 04:32 PM
Brisnet's PP's are just as good as the form and they're completely free (for most races) online. This isn't a big deal.

Tom
11-29-2017, 05:08 PM
It is if you prefer DRF printed.
Not everyone will agree that BRIS figs are anywhere close to as good as Beyers.