PDA

View Full Version : College football

ElKabong
08-31-2017, 02:34 AM
I'd like two dollars on these please....

A&M + 3 vs ucla. Ags usually get off to a hot start

Maryland +20 vs TEXAS... These teams have met three times, Maryland has yet to score. This Texas team has no depth in the trenches or in the secondary. Game should be close.

Michigan, giving points to Florida. Should be a fun game to watch, the suspensions handed out by Florida won't be the determining factor imo.

Thank heavens cfb season is here

ElKabong
08-31-2017, 02:39 AM
According to ESPN, the line on the Nebraska - Arkansas State game is NU by one point. Wtf? I know The NU program hit the skids a bit, but a one point favorite over a sun belt conference team in Lincoln....amazing.

thaskalos
08-31-2017, 02:51 AM
According to ESPN, the line on the Nebraska - Arkansas State game is NU by one point. Wtf? I know The NU program hit the skids a bit, but a one point favorite over a sun belt conference team in Lincoln....amazing.

Nebraska opened as a 20-point favorite...and is now listed at -15 or thereabout.

ElKabong
08-31-2017, 05:37 AM
Had to be a misprint then. Espn's website last evening showed the spread at a point.

charm city whizz
08-31-2017, 08:28 AM
3 games of note.....

Rare u see teams have a game before the other team plays but that is the case in here, teams make their biggest jump from week 1 to week 2

Colorado state off. Huge win playing Colorado

Byu playing lsu at super dome, 2 theories I like, one is the "road" team in neutral site game always plays good and second BYU had zero interest in the Portland state game and will look night and day Saturday

The game I love is Miami Ohio.......program trending up after years being one of worst teams in football should roll into Marshall and pick them apart

Give u guys a team total play for the year......Cal is 3.5, don't see where they are getting 4 wins from should be a layup

Valuist
08-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Buffalo has been taking money against Minnesota. I don't understand this move. Yes, Fleck is in his first game at Minnesota. But he coached in the MAC (Western Mich). WMU played Buffalo, and shut them out last year. A number of players transferred from WMU to Minny after Fleck left. They shouldn't be unprepared to take on this weak MAC team.

Valuist
08-31-2017, 12:39 PM
3 games of note.....

Rare u see teams have a game before the other team plays but that is the case in here, teams make their biggest jump from week 1 to week 2

Colorado state off. Huge win playing Colorado

Byu playing lsu at super dome, 2 theories I like, one is the "road" team in neutral site game always plays good and second BYU had zero interest in the Portland state game and will look night and day Saturday

The game I love is Miami Ohio.......program trending up after years being one of worst teams in football should roll into Marshall and pick them apart

Give u guys a team total play for the year......Cal is 3.5, don't see where they are getting 4 wins from should be a layup

About Cal, new head coach in Justin Wilson, who was the DC in Madison last year and the Badgers had one of the top 10 defenses in the country. Cal gave up over 42 points/game last year, so Wilson should improve them on that side of the ball.

jay68802
08-31-2017, 12:42 PM

I saw this also and contacted a book maker here, in Nebraska, he has it at -17.5.

ElKabong
08-31-2017, 12:49 PM
I saw this also and contacted a book maker here, in Nebraska, he has it at -17.5.

I Wish you could have cashed in. That would have been a once in a lifetime betting opportunity :)

charm city whizz
09-01-2017, 01:21 AM
***redboard alert***

Plays for Thursday night

Ok state under 70
Minnesota -21
Memphis over 63
Memphis 2h over 28
Arizona st 2h over
Ohio state under game and 1h (big play game under)
UCf under

on stone tilt fired in a Seattle 2h that got there luckily

Will post fri and sat plays earlier

zico20
09-01-2017, 10:52 PM
I like BYU and the 16.5 points. They will play a solid game and hopefully pull the upset.

ElKabong
09-01-2017, 11:02 PM
:headbanger:I like BYU and the 16.5 points. They will play a solid game and hopefully pull the upset.

If you bet I hope you cash, but I just can't see an upset. LSU has a ton of talent and I think they'll play hard for orgeron. They also have maybe the best DC in college football. Texas wanted the guy badly, he chose LSU.

rastajenk
09-02-2017, 01:14 PM
Maryland +20 vs TEXAS... Looking like a mortal lock.

cj
09-02-2017, 03:49 PM
Best flag in the union flying high today.

https://statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/MarylandflagAnnapolisMD.jpg

FakeNameChanged
09-02-2017, 04:17 PM

https://statesymbolsusa.org/sites/statesymbolsusa.org/files/primary-images/MarylandflagAnnapolisMD.jpg
That is one UGLY helmet. Congrats on a nice win.

ElKabong
09-02-2017, 04:23 PM
Congrats Cj, wish we could have given you guys a good game :)

It's as if Charlie never left...on the good side, a lot of TEXAS faithful have made a lot of money the past two years betting against the Horns. They aren't very good to put it kindly. Poorly coached, very thin on talent esp in the trenches. Betting against us has been like stealing money.

I heard some fans threw some cards on the field late in the game. Not to worry. Those cards were thrown by our backup quarterbacks. Missed their targets....

Michigan just scored on the gators. Keep it going.

ElKabong
09-02-2017, 04:49 PM
It's pick six day today....Michigan hands two td's to Florida via pick six.

ElKabong
09-02-2017, 07:13 PM
Looking like a mortal lock.

So is the Michigan game. Florida just isn't in their class, but they hung in for three quarters thanks to two pick sixes. Florida can't move the ball on a quality defense.

The aggie bruin game interests me. If a&m wins I'll sweep the week....this is a big game for Sumlin.

jocko699
09-02-2017, 08:00 PM
Roll Tide

barahona44
09-03-2017, 12:03 AM
The guy you don't want to be right now?

The defensive coordinator at St. Scholastica College in Minnesota.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2017/09/02/johnnies-hammer-st-scholastica-98-0/623127001

ElKabong
09-04-2017, 06:00 AM

Maryland +20 vs TEXAS... These teams have met three times, Maryland has yet to score. This Texas team has no depth in the trenches or in the secondary. Game should be close.

Michigan, giving points to Florida. Should be a fun game to watch, the suspensions handed out by Florida won't be the determining factor imo.

Sweep...lovely

Just watched the aggie meltdown. The wife and I were out late, dvr'd the game and was going to watch it Monday sometime. My brother texted me, "watch it when you get home"....No other details given

Still in disbelief. Not an aggie fan at all, and I did win the bet....but man, that was a true choke job of the highest order.

Josh Rosen's comments earlier were on target, glad he could pull this one out. He'll be a good nfl qb in the right situation.

Good luck to all in next week' games.

Inner Dirt
09-04-2017, 09:20 AM
The guy you don't want to be right now?

The defensive coordinator at St. Scholastica College in Minnesota.

http://www.sctimes.com/story/sports/college/2017/09/02/johnnies-hammer-st-scholastica-98-0/623127001

The offense wasn't any better. They lost 98-0 racking up 52 yards and giving up 560. Their special teams must have been equally as bad. An opponent only needing an average of 40 yards a TD? I doubt ant facet of their game graded above an F

cj
09-04-2017, 11:31 AM
Incredible game last night, especially the comeback from UCLA. But don't let that overshadow that the Terps spanked Texas in Austin just two short days ago.

#FearTheTurtle

kingfin66
09-04-2017, 11:59 AM
Incredible game last night, especially the comeback from UCLA. But don't let that overshadow that the Terps spanked Texas in Austin just two short days ago.

#FearTheTurtle

They are going to need to tighten up the special teams. Otherwise, they could be poised for a pretty decent season.

ElKabong
09-04-2017, 01:19 PM

#FearTheTurtle

Yep. Puts the terps right up there with Kansas ;)

Seriously, all reports from spring practices and into August indicated this would be another bad team. Two years away from being a contender. I can live with it since its been the norm for awhile.

Back to the ucla aggie game, one regent has already asked for sumlin to walk into the sunset. That short leash just got cinched up

Inner Dirt
09-05-2017, 10:57 AM

#FearTheTurtle

I am a UCLA fan, been one since I was a little kid. I don't know why I kept watching when it was 44-10. Glad my nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away. I was loudly voicing my displeasure at what I was seeing. If I was the A.D. I probably would have fired Mora at halftime.

cj
09-05-2017, 11:31 AM
I am a UCLA fan, been one since I was a little kid. I don't know why I kept watching when it was 44-10. Glad my nearest neighbor is over 1/4 mile away. I was loudly voicing my displeasure at what I was seeing. If I was the A.D. I probably would have fired Mora at halftime.

I know the feeling. I remember Maryland beating Miami when trailing 31-0 at halftime. It is probably the reason that to this day I never give up on a game until the clock makes a comeback an impossibility.

And there was always this game, which featured two unbelievable comebacks in the same game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHkABO0VwCg

Valuist
09-05-2017, 02:45 PM
UCLA's comeback was the equivalent of a deep closer winning a race that visually looks impressive, but in reality, the race fell apart.

Around the 8 minute mark, A & M was ahead by 13, they had rushed for nearly 400 yards, and had their QB complete only 3 of 12 passes for 27 yards. So what do they do? They tried throwing the ball downfield. A 4th down run by the QB helped put the ball into what should've been easy FG territory (only to blow it).

A & M missed intercepting several passes that should've been picked, their D was on the field way too long in the second half, and the heat and humidity got to them.

Don't be fooled by UCLA. They got their asses kicked for over 2 1/2 quarters.

ElKabong
09-05-2017, 03:19 PM
I know the feeling. I remember Maryland beating Miami when trailing 31-0 at halftime. It is probably the reason that to this day I never give up on a game until the clock makes a comeback an impossibility.

And there was always this game, which featured two unbelievable comebacks in the same game:

Fox sports has a thirty minute documentary / special on that game. It makes its rounds on fssw and fsok during the year. If you haven't seen it yet you'll enjoy it.

cj
09-05-2017, 03:41 PM
Fox sports has a thirty minute documentary / special on that game. It makes its rounds on fssw and fsok during the year. If you haven't seen it yet you'll enjoy it.

I've seen it, was stationed in Wichita Falls at the time. Crazy, crazy game.

green80
09-05-2017, 03:44 PM

Good calls, I know who to follow now for college football

FakeNameChanged
09-05-2017, 05:26 PM

That was my high school coach's son, Frank Reich who did that. For a while, he also held the record for biggest comeback in the NFL at halftime with the Bills.

cj
09-05-2017, 05:28 PM
That was my high school coach's son, Frank Reich who did that. For a while, he also held the record for biggest comeback in the NFL at halftime with the Bills.

Yep, Frank made himself a nice living in the NFL, good LONG career.

Tom
09-09-2017, 09:52 AM
Around here, when you mention Frank's name, some people cross themselves, others genuflect.

Then cry.

ElKabong
12-16-2017, 05:21 PM
Just one solid bet for me in the bowls. Taking Mizzou against TEXAS in the whateveritis bowl in Houston. Giving three pts.

Mizzou has a high scoring offense, UT is already less one all American safety (Elliott) who is skipping the game so he can enter the nfl draft without injuring his ovaries. Same for UT offensive tackle Conner Williams, a projected first or second round choice. Both Elliott and Conner are juniors

Now, Malik Jefferson is wavering on playing. One day he says it's his turf toe, all the while he's contemplating going pro early. Truth is, he doesn't want to play this game. Tom Herman has serious issues with this team internally, something he inherited from the Charlie Strong disaster

I took Mizzou minus 3. The ou I saw was 60.5, not touching that. Just taking Mizzou here

Was thinking of taking UGA vs the over rated Oklahoma Sooners, but Georgia can lay eggs too. Auburn face raped the dogs last month. Jekyll Hyde. Pass.

Good luck to all

cj
09-01-2018, 05:44 PM
And again! LOL TEXAS.

jay68802
09-01-2018, 05:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gqnzd8vDECM

:)

Lemon Drop Husker
09-01-2018, 06:23 PM
God Bless Texas. :pound:

ElKabong
09-01-2018, 08:08 PM
oh if we could only get nebraska back on our schedule....

ElKabong
09-01-2018, 08:15 PM
And again! LOL TEXAS.

yeah...well... our coach can do the carry the bag move on the sideline better than matt canada.... so there!

PhantomOnTour
09-02-2018, 11:31 PM
Well, that was a good start.
Geaux Tigers !

JustRalph
09-03-2018, 01:03 AM
Well, that was a good start.
Geaux Tigers !

I liked Burrow at Ohio State, he was a more accurate passer than The rest. But we hardly got to see him. Looks like he will be a good pickup/transfer for LSU

ElKabong
09-04-2018, 12:12 AM
Every year for the past 15+ years LSU has put some of the greatest collection of athletes on the field other than Alabama. Very impressive.

jay68802
09-04-2018, 12:28 AM
Husker recap.

The kick return team showed great energy.

Inner Dirt
09-04-2018, 11:24 AM
My UCLA Bruins are already 0-1 even with Chip Kelly the coach. College traditions that are a half century old are amazing. Born in So Cal in 1961 and ever since I could remember UCLA was a basketball school and USC was a football school. Doesn't look like that will change any time soon. I wonder why that has stuck for so long?

Dahoss2002
09-06-2018, 03:52 AM
I liked Burrow at Ohio State, he was a more accurate passer than The rest. But we hardly got to see him. Looks like he will be a good pickup/transfer for LSU

Just looking at the stats, they are mediocre. Anyone who watched the game knows better. LSU finally has a QB that can read a defense and run the offense.
GEAUX TIGERS!! Thanks you tOSU and pos Meyer!!! We like Ohio folks down here in the Bayou!!
https://youtu.be/WDnEn2eD9OA
Burrow sees the safety blitz and changes playcall