PDA

View Full Version : Epicharis clears quarantine; On the Belmont training track!

Blenheim
06-03-2017, 05:50 PM
Congratulations to the connections at U.Carrot Farm as Epicharis arrived safely, has cleared quarantine and is on the Belmont training track this morning, guided by exercise rider Masa Aki and assisted by groom Yoh Akima. I have absolutely no doubt it took a great deal of thought, planning and preparation to get him here safe and fit.

He looks good . . . I figure he works on the 6th.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bV6DBmTPzU

Lookin' forward to the Test of the Champion!

:11:

BELMONT 6-6-09
06-03-2017, 10:06 PM
Shipping in for a reason and not for entertainment? This adds more intrigue to a race that shaping up as a very competitive event especially with 13 horses.

Dahoss9698
06-04-2017, 08:49 AM
I realize this might not be the strongest edition of the Belmont but IMO this horse has no shot.

Blenheim
06-04-2017, 10:45 AM
I realize this might not be the strongest edition of the Belmont but IMO this horse has no shot.

My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said OK, you're ugly too.
Rodney Dangerfield

~

A bit of humor is good, especially when it comes to handicappin'. I know that was just your opinion Hoss' but explain to us why this horse has no shot.

Lookin' forward to the Belmont Stakes!

Dahoss9698
06-04-2017, 11:03 AM
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said OK, you're ugly too.
Rodney Dangerfield

~

A bit of humor is good, especially when it comes to handicappin'. I know that was just your opinion Hoss' but explain to us why this horse has no shot.

I wasn't crazy about the Dubai race and I don't think he's as good as the US horses.

menifee
06-04-2017, 12:21 PM
I know everyone keeps talking up this horse, but I don't see it either on paper. I know he is bred to run all day, but he just seems too slow on paper. He's definitely more tactical than Lani though.

handyman1968
06-04-2017, 11:05 PM
Classic Empire got a 93 beyer in the Ark Derby while Senior Investment got an 89 in the Lexington. Thunder Snow on the other hand got a 94 in the UAE Derby.

Granted all these races were many moons ago and lots have happened since but you can't just flat out say the Dubai horses are slower. Thunder Snow came back and ran second to arguably Euro's best 3yr old, Churchill in the Irish 2000 Guineas. That alone should at least make you pause and give Epicharis a second look.

Dahoss9698
06-05-2017, 09:52 AM
Classic Empire got a 93 beyer in the Ark Derby while Senior Investment got an 89 in the Lexington. Thunder Snow on the other hand got a 94 in the UAE Derby.

Granted all these races were many moons ago and lots have happened since but you can't just flat out say the Dubai horses are slower. Thunder Snow came back and ran second to arguably Euro's best 3yr old, Churchill in the Irish 2000 Guineas. That alone should at least make you pause and give Epicharis a second look.

IMO Thunder Snow is much better on turf. So I'm not sure how much his 2nd last weekend on turf flatters his dirt form.

I don't want to discourage people off a long shot but I'm going to let horses like this beat me.

Good luck!

LemonSoupKid
06-05-2017, 02:32 PM
I wasn't crazy about the Dubai race and I don't think he's as good as the US horses.

What US race have you been crazy about?

Dahoss9698
06-05-2017, 08:52 PM
What US race have you been crazy about?

I'd much rather take a shot on an also ran from the Derby like Tapwrit, Gormley or J Boys Echo hoping they just didn't take to the track that day.

VigorsTheGrey
06-06-2017, 01:11 AM
http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/EpicharisVideoPPs.pdf

LemonSoupKid
06-06-2017, 12:23 PM
I'd much rather take a shot on an also ran from the Derby like Tapwrit, Gormley or J Boys Echo hoping they just didn't take to the track that day.

... because you expect low odds on Epicharis? Why throw a quality horse out? Next out Thunder Snow at least finished well, and he didn't have a Derby anyone could comment on, given that (non?) start.

Blenheim
06-06-2017, 02:04 PM
6/6/017

Equibase

Epicharis 5fl 1:06.06

Dirt Training

~

Epicharis 5/8 on training track in 106.03 walked away from pole basically blew out 3:8 in 37.07. Training track on deep side all week. Welsh/DRF

Dahoss9698
06-06-2017, 02:38 PM
... because you expect low odds on Epicharis? Why throw a quality horse out? Next out Thunder Snow at least finished well, and he didn't have a Derby anyone could comment on, given that (non?) start.

Thunder Snow ran on his preferred surface last out...turf. I don't think much of Epicharis. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time.

cj
06-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Thunder Snow ran on his preferred surface last out...turf. I don't think much of Epicharis. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time.

I'll wear Serling's dunce cap if he wins.

Frost king
06-06-2017, 04:02 PM
It's too bad that the Japanese will have their own separate pool on this race.

Dahoss9698
06-06-2017, 04:52 PM
I'll wear Serling's dunce cap if he wins.

:lol:

Now I'm rooting for him to win so I can see that. ;)

PhantomOnTour
06-06-2017, 06:17 PM
Anyone have a link to early pp's for the Belmont?

olddaddy
06-06-2017, 07:22 PM
It's too bad that the Japanese will have their own separate pool on this race.

Unless you like Epicharis