Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-03-2017, 05:50 PM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Epicharis clears quarantine; On the Belmont training track!

Congratulations to the connections at U.Carrot Farm as Epicharis arrived safely, has cleared quarantine and is on the Belmont training track this morning, guided by exercise rider Masa Aki and assisted by groom Yoh Akima. I have absolutely no doubt it took a great deal of thought, planning and preparation to get him here safe and fit.

He looks good . . . I figure he works on the 6th.

Lookin' forward to the Test of the Champion!

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-03-2017, 10:06 PM   #2
BELMONT 6-6-09

Shipping in for a reason and not for entertainment? This adds more intrigue to a race that shaping up as a very competitive event especially with 13 horses.
BELMONT 6-6-09 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 08:49 AM   #3
Dahoss9698
Veteran

I realize this might not be the strongest edition of the Belmont but IMO this horse has no shot.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #4
Blenheim
Race Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698 View Post
I realize this might not be the strongest edition of the Belmont but IMO this horse has no shot.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said OK, you're ugly too.
Rodney Dangerfield

~

A bit of humor is good, especially when it comes to handicappin'. I know that was just your opinion Hoss' but explain to us why this horse has no shot.

Lookin' forward to the Belmont Stakes!

Old 06-04-2017, 11:03 AM   #5
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenheim View Post
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said OK, you're ugly too.
Rodney Dangerfield

~

A bit of humor is good, especially when it comes to handicappin'. I know that was just your opinion Hoss' but explain to us why this horse has no shot.

I wasn't crazy about the Dubai race and I don't think he's as good as the US horses.
Old 06-04-2017, 12:21 PM   #6
menifee

I know everyone keeps talking up this horse, but I don't see it either on paper. I know he is bred to run all day, but he just seems too slow on paper. He's definitely more tactical than Lani though.
menifee is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2017, 11:05 PM   #7
handyman1968

Classic Empire got a 93 beyer in the Ark Derby while Senior Investment got an 89 in the Lexington. Thunder Snow on the other hand got a 94 in the UAE Derby.

Granted all these races were many moons ago and lots have happened since but you can't just flat out say the Dubai horses are slower. Thunder Snow came back and ran second to arguably Euro's best 3yr old, Churchill in the Irish 2000 Guineas. That alone should at least make you pause and give Epicharis a second look.
handyman1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyman1968 View Post
Classic Empire got a 93 beyer in the Ark Derby while Senior Investment got an 89 in the Lexington. Thunder Snow on the other hand got a 94 in the UAE Derby.

Granted all these races were many moons ago and lots have happened since but you can't just flat out say the Dubai horses are slower. Thunder Snow came back and ran second to arguably Euro's best 3yr old, Churchill in the Irish 2000 Guineas. That alone should at least make you pause and give Epicharis a second look.
IMO Thunder Snow is much better on turf. So I'm not sure how much his 2nd last weekend on turf flatters his dirt form.

I don't want to discourage people off a long shot but I'm going to let horses like this beat me.

Good luck!
Old 06-05-2017, 02:32 PM   #9
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
I wasn't crazy about the Dubai race and I don't think he's as good as the US horses.
What US race have you been crazy about?
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #10
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
What US race have you been crazy about?
I'd much rather take a shot on an also ran from the Derby like Tapwrit, Gormley or J Boys Echo hoping they just didn't take to the track that day.
Old 06-06-2017, 01:11 AM   #11
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Videos on his last 5 races

http://www.thoroughbreddailynews.com...isVideoPPs.pdf
VigorsTheGrey is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 12:23 PM   #12
LemonSoupKid

Quote:
I'd much rather take a shot on an also ran from the Derby like Tapwrit, Gormley or J Boys Echo hoping they just didn't take to the track that day.
... because you expect low odds on Epicharis? Why throw a quality horse out? Next out Thunder Snow at least finished well, and he didn't have a Derby anyone could comment on, given that (non?) start.
LemonSoupKid is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-06-2017, 02:04 PM   #13
Blenheim
Race Player

6/6/017

Equibase

Epicharis 5fl 1:06.06

Dirt Training

~

Epicharis 5/8 on training track in 106.03 walked away from pole basically blew out 3:8 in 37.07. Training track on deep side all week. Welsh/DRF

Old 06-06-2017, 02:38 PM   #14
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
... because you expect low odds on Epicharis? Why throw a quality horse out? Next out Thunder Snow at least finished well, and he didn't have a Derby anyone could comment on, given that (non?) start.
Thunder Snow ran on his preferred surface last out...turf. I don't think much of Epicharis. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time.
Old 06-06-2017, 02:42 PM   #15
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Thunder Snow ran on his preferred surface last out...turf. I don't think much of Epicharis. If I'm wrong, it certainly won't be the first time.
I'll wear Serling's dunce cap if he wins.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply