PDA

View Full Version : Impressive

PaceMasterT
05-07-2017, 12:08 AM
Face it. The numbers that Always Dreaming put up at Gulfstream were impressive, but could we trust them with the wildly varying times that they have posted at that track over the last couple of years. However, after pressing the fast fractions on a sloppy track today and still leaving the entire field gasping for air, you have to be impressed with this lightly raced colt. :headbanger:

PowerUpPaynter
05-07-2017, 12:25 AM
Certainly fits the profile of a horse that will have no problem in the Preakness. Had the most perfect trip possible but broke well and created himself the most perfect trip possible so kudos to him. Kudos to Pletcher and Nick Bush too. Was skeptical, expected something wacky with the way the prep season was and the track the way it was, but deserving win for Always Dreaming, much the best.

5 years in a row for favorites...

Gerard02
05-07-2017, 07:02 AM
On Final fractions, Always Dreaming and Classic Empire topped out on my list. I was disappointed in Classic Empire. I played these two for the exacta part wheel with the field, but the Triple fell just short. Four years in a row I used the exacta part wheel with the top two list horses and nailed it, but just missed the Triple, again. Oh, the agony. On to the Preakness!

Viruss
05-07-2017, 11:44 AM
"I was disappointed in Classic Empire"

No one should be he finished 4th after getting slammed coming out of the gate.

Earl J

Gerard02
05-07-2017, 11:54 AM
Yes, I will take that back. I reviewed the race and saw how he got smashed around. He actually, ran a good race, despite the shuffle back.