PDA

View Full Version : Buckpasser in the X this year

sbcaris
04-12-2017, 11:41 AM
The following horses on the Derby trail have Buckpasser in the X passing position:

Gunnevera
Irap
Irish War Cry
Classic Empire
Conquest Mo Money
Hence
McCraken
Patch
Battalion Runner
Cloud Computing

Of the above horses only Gunnevera, and Patch qualify on my first indicator which concerns final 3/8 time in a big 6 prep race.

MNslappy
04-12-2017, 12:42 PM
The following horses on the Derby trail have Buckpasser in the X passing position:

Gunnevera
Irap
Irish War Cry
Classic Empire
Conquest Mo Money
Hence
McCraken
Patch
Battalion Runner
Cloud Computing

Is this more than most years or is it about the same?

f2tornado
04-12-2017, 01:45 PM
Is this more than most years or is it about the same?

A lot more. But it's relatively rare to have a Buckpasser-x run fast final fractions in a 9F prep race and those that do have been major exacta threats. Nyquist, Bodemeister, Super Saver, among others. It might be the largest Derby impact value I've seen from any source. Commanding Curve had Buckpasser-x as well. I think his final fractions came up just short of the magic number.

If past is prologue then you would consider Gunnevera and Patch in your exacta wager. The jury is still out on the Sunland Derby given a small sample size but I won't discount Hence given how well he closed.

dballard125
04-12-2017, 11:35 PM
A lot more. But it's relatively rare to have a Buckpasser-x run fast final fractions in a 9F prep race and those that do have been major exacta threats. Nyquist, Bodemeister, Super Saver, among others. It might be the largest Derby impact value I've seen from any source. Commanding Curve had Buckpasser-x as well. I think his final fractions came up just short of the magic number.

If past is prologue then you would consider Gunnevera and Patch in your exacta wager. The jury is still out on the Sunland Derby given a small sample size but I won't discount Hence given how well he closed.

What was Patch's final 3/8 time?

señorclipclop
04-12-2017, 11:46 PM
I have Patch's final 3/8th at 37.87.

f2tornado
04-12-2017, 11:50 PM
What was Patch's final 3/8 time?

I have him around 37.6. Perhaps also worth noting the last two exacta bombers were closers who came out of the Louisiana Derby. Commanding Curve had Buckpasser-x but I believe was a half second slower.

dballard125
04-13-2017, 12:16 AM
I have him around 37.6. Perhaps also worth noting the last two exacta bombers were closers who came out of the Louisiana Derby. Commanding Curve had Buckpasser-x but I believe was a half second slower.

Thank you for the info. Someone here posted a spreadsheet with preps, times, final times, etc and they have Patch's final 3/8 at 38:92. Guess I need to scrap that spreadsheet lol.

PowerUpPaynter
04-13-2017, 07:15 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14meVH3tXTu6Lb9pgiiP8ouylmSFpsktVWVUNd2eQyzs/edit#gid=1077495729

2nd tab has this years times so far