PDA

View Full Version : One Liner

arw629
04-09-2017, 08:06 PM
This board has been snoozing on this guy all spring. He's going to stamp himself the derby favorite this Saturday.

f2tornado
04-09-2017, 09:38 PM
He might. If one extrapolates his final half panel to 9F then he would meet the fraction angle but the race needs to be run first. He's got Buckpasser-x going for him but I dread the Storm Cat sire line beyond 9F. A pair of dosage points doesn't scream distance either however Nyquist was much the same... then never seen again. Which mount JV takes might be as telling as anything.

CincyHorseplayer
04-10-2017, 03:32 AM
Horses that don't race ARE snoozers!

Robert Fischer
04-10-2017, 12:01 PM
His win last time was the best performance of the crop.

I don't expect a great price in his upcoming prep. Win or lose I'd like to see another top performance before I have any real confidence that he will be a consistent performer.
Of the two I'd prefer "lose", while running just as huge as he did last time. However if he ran that big again, you would need an extreme bias for a non-win.

Vinnie
04-10-2017, 12:01 PM
I love One Liner Cincy:

Can't believe that many have remained reticent on him thus far, but, maybe it is just the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Loved him in the Rebel and much like yourself, I expect him to punch his ticket on Saturday in the Arkansas Derby... I really like this horse. Isn't Johnny V up as well?

CincyHorseplayer
04-10-2017, 12:26 PM
I love One Liner Cincy:

Can't believe that many have remained reticent on him thus far, but, maybe it is just the "what have you done for me lately" syndrome. Loved him in the Rebel and much like yourself, I expect him to punch his ticket on Saturday in the Arkansas Derby... I really like this horse. Isn't Johnny V up as well?

I do too Vin! I guess I am really starting to just get jaded about how lightly raced these horses are. Since 2006, 8 of 10 derby winners have had 2 starts during the year. I hate that! We pride ourselves in interpreting running lines and form and there isn't much meat on that bone! But to do what he did breaking from the 11 hole in his first route race and stakes debut was amazing.

CincyHorseplayer
04-10-2017, 12:27 PM

I don't expect a great price in his upcoming prep. Win or lose I'd like to see another top performance before I have any real confidence that he will be a consistent performer.
Of the two I'd prefer "lose", while running just as huge as he did last time. However if he ran that big again, you would need an extreme bias for a non-win.

Perfect line of thought from player to player. Pimp to pimp!:cool:

outofthebox
04-10-2017, 12:52 PM
Off the Derby trail. Not training up to par per Todd Pletcher.

Vinnie
04-10-2017, 01:57 PM
Crap! I was so excited about this one too.

arw629
04-10-2017, 04:46 PM
Off the Derby trail. Not training up to par per Todd Pletcher.

Bummer ...I'm betting Irap

hopbet
04-10-2017, 05:50 PM
OUTOFTHEBOX
Where is the article? ( about ONE LINER)

Benni
04-10-2017, 06:11 PM
Article about One Liner:

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/220914/undefeated-3-year-old-one-liner-out-indefinitely

hopbet
04-10-2017, 06:23 PM
I appreciate the info. I was in florida , when this horse won ( PEGAGUS week). I believe there was a comment "ridden past the wire ".I like many on this web site bet ONE LINER ( Southwest Stakes).

rsetup
04-10-2017, 08:11 PM

Study the setup and then watch the replay again. Maybe you'll reconsider.

letswastemoney
04-10-2017, 08:28 PM
I thought One Liner ran fantastic in the Southwest. But, he must have left everything on the table.

Andrick
04-11-2017, 12:37 AM
That's unfortunate, but at least they're putting the horse first and not forcing the issue. With a good run in the Arkansas Derby I may have been interested in him in the Derby itself. Every one harps on Pletcher's record in the Derby and for good reason. But these Pletchers coming into the Derby off a 3 week rest aren't so bad. Of his 8 Derby horses that made up the super in the Derby 7 of them ran in a prep race 3 weeks before. From less than 18 of his Derby starters that tried that 3 week schedule. Not so bad. They run themselves into shape and don't leave that much time for Pletcher to baby them before entering the Derby gates, I guess.