PDA

View Full Version : Trump wall

dkithore
03-10-2017, 11:10 PM
Souldn't Trump wall employ refugees and illegals to cut costs

Tom
03-10-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm sure he will hire some union workers.

Clocker
03-10-2017, 11:48 PM
The Chinese have already shown that they can build a Great Wall. No reason to doubt that they can build a Yuge Wall. :headbanger:

And cheaper than anyone else. :cool:

Marshall Bennett
03-11-2017, 04:44 AM
Prison workers. Guards would only be needed on the US side. If they escape into Mexico, good riddance. :)

Jess Hawsen Arown
03-11-2017, 08:36 AM
Illegal immigrants down 40% since Trump became President.

reckless
03-11-2017, 11:45 AM
America's safety and sovereignty is at stake so let's do it right and not go on the cheap.

What I would do is hire strictly blue collar union American citizens.

I'd hire workers from all 50 states, but especially hire men and women from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin as a symbolic and imprimatur 'thank you' for helping elect our great president, Donald J. Trump.

And I will also make C-SPAN cover 24/7 every inch of wall constructed, every nail driven and every mile built to show the world we mean business and we mean it that America is Great Again.

boxcar
03-11-2017, 12:43 PM
Prison workers. Guards would only be needed on the US side. If they escape into Mexico, good riddance. :)

:lol::lol: We could show those sombreros what payback really means by giving them a dose of their own medicine.

boxcar
03-11-2017, 12:44 PM
America's safety and sovereignty is at stake so let's do it right and not go on the cheap.

I'd hire workers from all 50 states, but especially hire men and women from Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin as a symbolic and imprimatur 'thank you' for helping elect our great president, Donald J. Trump.

And I will also make C-SPAN cover 24/7 every inch of wall constructed, every nail driven and every mile built to show the world we mean business and we mean it that America is Great Again.

All that just sounds too deplorable for words. :D

chadk66
03-11-2017, 02:40 PM
he's going to put Sheriff Joe in charge of running a chain gang to build the wall

dkithore
03-11-2017, 07:23 PM
The left will balk at the notion to use cheap labor but my thoughts were to give this people a choice: want stay in USA then work on Trump wall, or leave. Those who agree to work can be part of merit system and become citizens. Similar to non-citizens volunteering in army were granted legal status.

kingfin66
03-12-2017, 03:53 AM
Illegal immigrants down 40% since Trump became President.

Just wondering numbers like that are tracked. If they are undocumented how does anybody know how many ever cross the border in either direction? It makes sense that illegal immigration would be down since the Mexican economy is doing relatively well and Trump rhetoric. I have seen it published that net illegal immigration has been neutral or negative for a while now. How is this info gathered?

kingfin66
03-12-2017, 03:56 AM

There is not going to be a wall. If it were to be built, your plan is flawed in that it is full of discriminatory hiring practices. Does this bother you?

Tom
03-12-2017, 09:16 AM
Wouldn't bother me at all.
Forcing union labor on people all these year - I call it a wash.

reckless
03-12-2017, 06:27 PM
There is not going to be a wall. If it were to be built, your plan is flawed in that it is full of discriminatory hiring practices. Does this bother you?

The wall will be built, you can go to the bank on that. About what I say being flawed, you are joking, right?

It isn't descriminatory to hire blue collar union American citizens to do the work, for god's sake.

Protecting the borders and insuring the safety of its citizens is a Constitutional requirement, so nothing you are implying 'bothers' me.

kingfin66
03-12-2017, 06:55 PM
The wall will be built, you can go to the bank on that. About what I say being flawed, you are joking, right?

It isn't descriminatory to hire blue collar union American citizens to do the work, for god's sake.

Protecting the borders and insuring the safety of its citizens is a Constitutional requirement, so nothing you are implying 'bothers' me.

You pick and choose which part of your post you want to reply to and ask if I am joking. Here is your post:

First of all friend, there are are many people in the U.S. who have the right to work and who are not U.S. citizens. So when you speak to wanting to hire only U.S. citizens, you would be violating labor laws. That ain't no joke.

Second, you want to pay off what you perceive to be some sort of political favor by favoring people from a handful of states - the ones who supported Trump. What, no love for Florida?

Normally, I would imagine that the contractors hired by Federal government for this project that I can take to the bank will not happen would follow both Federal labor laws as well as labor laws in the states where the work is being done.

Yeah, you have sharp :rolleyes: ideas working there.

reckless
03-13-2017, 10:49 PM
First of all friend, there are are many people in the U.S. who have the right to work and who are not U.S. citizens. So when you speak to wanting to hire only U.S. citizens, you would be violating labor laws. That ain't no joke.

Protecting the safety and sovereignty of all US citizens is what this is all about, first and foremost. Illegals and non-citizens are not a protected class. US citizens get to work on the building the wall, and no one else.

Second, you want to pay off what you perceive to be some sort of political favor by favoring people from a handful of states - the ones who supported Trump. What, no love for Florida?

In case you missed it, I wrote: "I'd hire workers from all 50 states..." Last I looked Florida was one of those 50 states. By mentioning the others -- Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan, et al -- most that had voted Democrat for ages -- I was giving the business to all Democrats, liberals and intellectual lightweights.

Normally, I would imagine that the contractors hired by Federal government for this project that I can take to the bank will not happen would follow both Federal labor laws as well as labor laws in the states where the work is being done.

Yeah, you have sharp :rolleyes: ideas working there.

Your snarky last line will be basically ignored but my 'sharp' ideas and thoughts these many years far outweighs what you've scribbled and offered, I assure you. You need to lighten up. You're sounding silly and unbalanced over what was basically a light hearted post of mine.

kingfin66
03-14-2017, 12:30 AM
Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I don't know when you guys are being serious or not. The emojis help with that (hint). Alright, so we were both snarky. The biggest thing that I take issue with is the notion that we should hire only Americans to build the wall. I still think that is what you wrote whether it was in jest or not. My point was/is not that we should hire illegals, but that we should not discriminate when hiring. Is that really such a bad thought? I'm not trying to be silly. Rather, I'm trying not to be reckless.

reckless
03-15-2017, 10:01 AM
Why didn't you just say that in the first place? I don't know when you guys are being serious or not. The emojis help with that (hint). Alright, so we were both snarky. The biggest thing that I take issue with is the notion that we should hire only Americans to build the wall. I still think that is what you wrote whether it was in jest or not. My point was/is not that we should hire illegals, but that we should not discriminate when hiring. Is that really such a bad thought? I'm not trying to be silly. Rather, I.

I don't want this to become a pissing match, okay kingfin? I mean it too. I have no issues with you, nor should we have.

But understand that my post on this matter was not intended to be a joke.

When I said we should hire blue collar union workers that were American citizens I was quite serious. Sue all you want for some sort of discrimination; let's see how far that will go in court.

When I also said we should hire workers from all 50 states, I was dead serious. Building the wall is a serious matter to millions of Americans for the Wall protects our citizens and our national sovereignty. It will be a good symbolic gesture and 'optic' to do this my way, too, IMO.

Yes, hiring extra workers from Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin was my lone effort at making a joke.

I heard from many posters during the 2016 campaign that I was a jack-off for saying Trump could win these four sacrosanct big-blue-wall states. Hiring blue collar laborers from these old Rust Belt states would stick a needle into the Trump bashers and Nate Silver apologists, and that's why I said it.

Finally, you should be reckless at times. It's the only place to be, especially if one is more serious and way more on top of things than your detractors.