PDA

View Full Version : K P McLaughlin not messing around at Saratoga -- 6 of 8 winners so far!!!!

TheOracle
07-26-2016, 11:52 AM
K P McLaughlin's horses have won 6 of their last 8 attempts so far at Saratoga

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/kpmcluaghlinsarjly.jpg

I don't know how long he can keep this up but he is certainly making his presence felt right out of the gate to start the Saratoga season!!!

T A Pletcher and C C Brown are ranked 1st and 2nd with McLaughlin a distant 3rd at Saratoga

However, if they ranked trainers based their returns on investment McLaughlin would be number 1 hands down so far at Saratoga as well he should be to start the season!!!

Even though it is only 8 starts I will be keeping an eye on Mr. McLaughli's entries for the rest of the Saratoga season!!!

jk3521
07-26-2016, 11:55 AM
Even though it is only 8 starts I will be keeping an eye on Mr. McLaughli's entries for the rest of the Saratoga season!!!

You and everybody else.

castaway01
07-26-2016, 12:15 PM
K P McLaughlin's horses have won 6 of their last 8 attempts so far at Saratoga

T A Pletcher and C C Brown are ranked 1st and 2nd with McLaughlin a distant 3rd at Saratoga

However, if they ranked trainers based their returns on investment McLaughlin would be number 1 hands down so far at Saratoga as well he should be to start the season!!!

In what world is the guy with 6 wins ranked a distant third to trainers with 5 wins and 3 wins? And do you really not know these trainers' names? K P McLaughlin? C C Brown? You're a strange duck.

TheOracle
07-26-2016, 01:11 PM
In what world is the guy with 6 wins ranked a distant third to trainers with 5 wins and 3 wins? And do you really not know these trainers' names? K P McLaughlin? C C Brown? You're a strange duck.

Hey Cast

That's the way they are listed according to Equibase

What are you talking about?

TheOracle
07-26-2016, 01:13 PM

Here's the link select the drop down for Saratoga for this season's meet
http://www.equibase.com/stats/View.cfm?tf=meet&tb=trainer&rbt=TB

What's your problem

cj
07-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Hey Cast

That's the way they are listed according to Equibase

What are you talking about?

I think he is pretty amazed somebody that follows the sport wouldn't know their actual names. I'm sure you do know them, right?

Obviously you have them listed by earnings and not wins. That is the confusion on that part.

mistergee
07-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Here's the link select the drop down for Saratoga for this season's meet
http://www.equibase.com/stats/View.cfm?tf=meet&tb=trainer&rbt=TB

What's your problem
that's because they are listed in order of purse $

letswastemoney
07-26-2016, 02:55 PM
I really thought Watershed would lose. He looked like a one-turn miler on paper, and his last race was nothing special.

Makes races harder to handicap when a certain barn just lights up and you're forced to give their horses a second look.

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:13 PM

Be nice castaway01 :lol: :lol: :lol: . Ever watch that Adam Sandler movie where he calls the guy who is making his list of who to kill next, says I'm sorry if I was rude to you in HS and the killer takes him off his list? :lol: :lol: :lol:

EMD4ME
07-26-2016, 06:15 PM
I have to say between post #2, Castaway's post and TheOracle's specialty, this thread made my pee in my pants!

Funny material!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BELMONT 6-6-09
07-26-2016, 08:28 PM
I had him on both losers !!! LOL. Now that's hard to do!

castaway01
07-27-2016, 12:53 PM
I think he is pretty amazed somebody that follows the sport wouldn't know their actual names. I'm sure you do know them, right?

Obviously you have them listed by earnings and not wins. That is the confusion on that part.

You're right CJ, I didn't understand how he can give us a list of trainer results based on their wins but then cite a ranking based on earnings. Then to not understand what I was even asking...I guess I find these sorts of lists an overly simplified, intelligence-free version of what I do in trainer handicapping and that is why they bother me. I'll let them go from now on because I realize the poster is harmless, if clueless.

TheOracle
07-27-2016, 01:52 PM
You're right CJ, I didn't understand how he can give us a list of trainer results based on their wins but then cite a ranking based on earnings. Then to not understand what I was even asking...I guess I find these sorts of lists an overly simplified, intelligence-free version of what I do in trainer handicapping and that is why they bother me. I'll let them go from now on because I realize the poster is harmless, if clueless.

Hey Cast

Why don't you share the more complicated / intelligent version of whatever it is you do so that others of us on this forum can enjoy your pearls of wisdom regarding trainer handicapping?

I'm very interested to see exactly what it is that you do.

Nitro
07-27-2016, 08:30 PM
Hey Cast

Why don't you share the more complicated / intelligent version of whatever it is you do so that others of us on this forum can enjoy your pearls of wisdom regarding trainer handicapping?

I'm very interested to see exactly what it is that you do.Hi there Oracle! I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. But listen don’t let this small stuff get to you.
These guys don’t know how to share information, but they sure know how to criticize and apparently miss the entire theme of your posts!
On the other hand, I’m sure there are many who appreciate the time and effort you put into researching and posting those results for future reference.

I’m not a person who generates these types of stats, but I’ve noticed that since Saratoga opened that one of the jockeys;
Ricardo Santana Jr. has brought in some big long shots.
I’m curious if you have any stats on some of the jockeys who have performed particularly well with the longer priced winners?

TheOracle
07-27-2016, 09:54 PM
Hi there Oracle! I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for that. But listen don’t let this small stuff get to you.
These guys don’t know how to share information, but they sure know how to criticize and apparently miss the entire theme of your posts!
On the other hand, I’m sure there are many who appreciate the time and effort you put into researching and posting those results for future reference.

I’m not a person who generates these types of stats, but I’ve noticed that since Saratoga opened that one of the jockeys;
Ricardo Santana Jr. has brought in some big long shots.
I’m curious if you have any stats on some of the jockeys who have performed particularly well with the longer priced winners?

Hey Nitro,

Thanks unfortunately I didn't start really keeping track of the Jockeys until last year but I do have data whenever they've hit the board.

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/rsantanajock.jpg

You are spot on when it comes to Ricardo Santana Jr whenever he's hit the board he has come through with some nice prices at Saratoga especially this year and last year!!!

I'm also going to keep an eye on him with S M Asmussen as it seems these 2 have hooked up several times!!!

Nitro
07-28-2016, 01:05 AM
Hey Nitro,

Thanks unfortunately I didn't start really keeping track of the Jockeys until last year but I do have data whenever they've hit the board.

You are spot on when it comes to Ricardo Santana Jr whenever he's hit the board he has come through with some nice prices at Saratoga especially this year and last year!!!

I'm also going to keep an eye on him with S M Asmussen as it seems these 2 have hooked up several times!!!Hey Oracle -Thanks! Much appreciated! You’ve confirmed my thoughts exactly.
Now let’s hope he can keep it going.
And BTW don't let any detractors keep you from presenting this type of information.

TheOracle
07-28-2016, 11:10 AM
K P McLaughlin has these 2 today in the 3rd at Saratoga

#7 James Lane
#8 Benevolence

Let's see what happens!!!

Nitro
07-28-2016, 02:03 PM
Ricardo Santana seems to only have 1 mount today. (Thurs 7/28/16)
SAR Race4 - #5 – 10/1 M/L

TheOracle
07-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Hey Nitro

Ricardo Santana finished 4th in that race!!!

I will be keeping an eye out for him!!!

TheOracle
07-29-2016, 01:22 PM
Well #8 Benevolence won for K P McLaughlin yesterday and paid $14.60 across the board not too shabby!!!

Congratulations to those who saw the play and were able to make a profit!!!

TheOracle
07-30-2016, 09:44 AM
Congrats to those who caught #8 Benevolence yesterday at Saratoga!!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/k p mclaughlinwnrssar.jpg

K P McLaughlin has these today at Saratoga
5th race
#3 Rediscover

8th race
#4 Muhaawer

10th race
#3 Mohaymen

11th race
#2 Antebellum

I'm leaning towards #2 Antebellum today in the 11th!!!

Let's see if he can get a couple of these to win today so far he's been feast or famine either his horses win or they are off the board!!!

Nitro
08-04-2016, 11:29 AM
Spa update on the hot riding Ricardo Santana. Yesterday (Wed 8/3)
Race 3 - # 6 – Win – ($9.20)
Race 5 - # 9 – Win – ($14.60)
Race 6 - #11 – Plc – ($5.40)
Race 9 - # 8 – Sho – ($4.40)
Race10 - #11 – Plc – ($12.00)

TheOracle
08-04-2016, 11:41 AM
Spa update on the hot riding Ricardo Santana. Yesterday (Wed 8/3)
Race 3 - # 6 – Win – ($9.20)
Race 5 - # 9 – Win – ($14.60)
Race 6 - #11 – Plc – ($5.40)
Race 9 - # 8 – Sho – ($4.40)
Race10 - #11 – Plc – ($12.00)

Hey Nitro,

You are spot on he hit the board in every race yesterday, he was off the chain, I was able to catch his last mount in the 10th!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/ricosantanasarystdy.jpg

Even if you played all of his mounts to show yesterday you still doubled your money!!!

I don't know how long he can keep this up but I'm going to take the journey for as long as it lasts!!!

TheOracle
08-04-2016, 11:48 AM
Santana and Asmussen have been quite the tag team so far at the Spa!!!

These 2 have connected 7 times and 6 of the 7 have hit the board !!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/ricoasmussensar.jpg

I will be paying close attention to these 2 for the rest of the Saratoga season!!!

They have connected again in the 3rd race today at Saratoga
#2 Bellelarama

Let's see what happens!!!

Nitro
08-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Hey Nitro,

You are spot on he hit the board in every race yesterday, he was off the chain, I was able to catch his last mount in the 10th!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/ricosantanasarystdy.jpg

Even if you played all of his mounts to show yesterday you still doubled your money!!!

I don't know how long he can keep this up but I'm going to take the journey for as long as it lasts!!! I also had him in Races 5 thru 10. :ThmbUp:
http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132639
He's definitely on some live mounts!

TheOracle
08-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Since this post R Santana has hit the board in 4 out of his last 9 attempts it looks like he is coming back down to earth at Saratoga!!

http://www.insidethenumbers.net/images/comments/rsantanaaugsar.jpg

However, I will still keep an eye on him whenever he an S Asmussen tag team again for the rest of the season at Saratoga!!!