PDA

View Full Version : New Book-Game Plan for Signers

upthecreek
06-16-2016, 12:07 PM
I heard about this one on TVG Apparently Todd T is upset because the guy spelled his name wrong while mentioning him and Simon Bray
http://www.marklando.com

kingfin66
06-16-2016, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I saw them talking about the book on TVG yesterday. Of course, Todd used the opportunity to promote himself and describe how he was "featured" in another book (all of two paragraphs).

I would be curious to know if anybody has read this book and get their thoughts about it.

cj
06-16-2016, 02:58 PM
I thought they said it was a pre-release version they were reading, kind of like a rough draft. Made me think it isn't available yet.

upthecreek
06-16-2016, 03:11 PM
I thought they said it was a pre-release version they were reading, kind of like a rough draft. Made me think it isn't available yet.
New and used copies available on Amazon

timtam
07-04-2016, 09:47 AM
Is this book by Susan Sweeney ?

Ed Bain's wife ?

upthecreek
07-04-2016, 10:22 AM

Ed Bain's wife ?
See the 1st post Its by Mark Lando There's a link to his site

Clocker
07-04-2016, 11:52 AM

Ed Bain's wife ?

You are thinking of this one:

http://www.altiplanopublications.com/signersrenew.htm (http://www.altiplanopublications.com/signersrenew.htm)

andicap
07-04-2016, 08:12 PM
Pretty spare web site. Not much there about the book except for a paragraph and some "log-rolling." (Having people you did favors for return them.)

For $11 plus postage, I guess there's not much risk. Plus there are no reviews on Amazon and four people are selling the book. I'm anxious to read anything new but I'm a bit skeptical on this one.

NorCalGreg
07-05-2016, 01:23 AM
I heard about this one on TVG Apparently Todd T is upset because the guy spelled his name wrong while mentioning him and Simon Bray

Noticed they misspelled Lando's name as "Land" when describing his 40 years as a journalist.

Scroll down a little further---I defy anyone to decipher what the section PRESS AND EVENTS is about.

Capper Al
07-05-2016, 08:10 AM

I think I bought this book years ago. If it is the one, it wasn't bad just okay.

jk3521
07-05-2016, 08:26 AM
I think I bought this book years ago. If it is the one, it wasn't bad just okay.
It says the release date was May 10,2016. Only been out since then and people are reselling it. That might tell you something. But I'm a sucker for this stuff , so I ordered it.

andicap
07-05-2016, 08:29 AM
It says the release date was May 10,2016.

Al is always ahead of his time.

Capper Al
07-05-2016, 10:43 AM
It says the release date was May 10,2016. Only been out since then and people are reselling it. That might tell you something. But I'm a sucker for this stuff , so I ordered it.

Might just be a new edition.

Capper Al
07-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Al is always ahead of his time.

I'm not willing to spend the money until someone confirms it's a new book.

Longshot
07-11-2016, 07:04 PM
I purchased the book and received it today.
Copyright is 2015

Read the first three chapters while waiting at the doctor today.
He outlines lots of positive handicapping tells (factors). Many of them
are useful I would think.

287 pages. I'll post some other opinions when I finish the book.

jk3521
07-11-2016, 09:00 PM
I purchased the book and received it today.
Copyright is 2015

Read the first three chapters while waiting at the doctor today.
He outlines lots of positive handicapping tells (factors). Many of them
are useful I would think.

287 pages. I'll post some other opinions when I finish the book.

I got the book also. After the first 3 chapters there is nothing. After chapter 9 you get 50 pages of copies of his "signers" . Part two is called "Nobody asked me but... " I didn't ask him, so I don't care about the rest of the book. I ripped out 2 pages that had a couple of tid-bits I found interesting, and then discarded the book. The end.

thaskalos
07-12-2016, 12:10 PM
I got the book also. After the first 3 chapters there is nothing. After chapter 9 you get 50 pages of copies of his "signers" . Part two is called "Nobody asked me but... " I didn't ask him, so I don't care about the rest of the book. I ripped out 2 pages that had a couple of tid-bits I found interesting, and then discarded the book. The end.
I should have read this before I ordered my own copy.

castaway01
07-13-2016, 07:29 PM
I should have read this before I ordered my own copy.

Or worked out a deal for his copy before he threw it out. He probably would have even sent you pictures of the two pages he wanted to keep.

thaskalos
07-13-2016, 07:33 PM
Or worked out a deal for his copy before he threw it out. He probably would have even sent you pictures of the two pages he wanted to keep.

I received my own copy yesterday...and I am a lot dumber today for having read it.

AndyC
07-13-2016, 08:52 PM
I received my own copy yesterday...and I am a lot dumber today for having read it.

Yes but all the rest of us are smarter because of your loss. ;)

thaskalos
07-13-2016, 10:03 PM
Yes but all the rest of us are smarter because of your loss. ;)

In that case...I'll do you all a favor and read it one more time. :)

AndyC
07-13-2016, 10:15 PM
In that case...I'll do you all a favor and read it one more time. :)

I would need a continual reading.

cj
07-14-2016, 03:40 PM
I used to read everything I could get my hands on. I was scarred after the latest Quinn book and haven't read a thing since.

castaway01
07-14-2016, 04:37 PM
I would need a continual reading.

Yeah, the only way I'm going to turn a steady profit is if everyone gets a lot dumber, and it isn't happening fast enough.

delayjf
07-15-2016, 11:34 AM
I used to read everything I could get my hands on. I was scarred after the latest Quinn book and haven't read a thing since.

I find myself re-reading old books, I can't count how many times I've read Beyer's "My 50,000 year at the races".

MonmouthParkJoe
07-19-2016, 07:51 PM
I find myself re-reading old books, I can't count how many times I've read Beyer's "My 50,000 year at the races".

Absolutely loved that book, and reread it often

castaway01
07-19-2016, 10:54 PM

That one's a true classic.

NorCalGreg
07-20-2016, 12:26 AM

I've read jk's review a few times, now---I laugh every time I read it :D