PDA

View Full Version : Investment Advice

Nitro
12-05-2015, 09:51 PM
Investment Advice

Just thought I'd pass along some advice my broker gave me today…

I called him this morning and asked him what I should be investing in as I feel interest rates are not going to be rising as they did during the late 70's and early 80's.

So I told him I thought we ought to be looking to get out of bonds and find a safe haven in which to invest. I asked him,
"Should we move to precious metals, foreign currency or what?”

He responded, "If the Democrats are in office much longer, canned goods, liquor and ammunition are probably your best bet."

horses4courses
12-05-2015, 09:55 PM
What a guy...... :rolleyes:
Truth is, he and his clients have likely fared
much better under Democratic presidencies.

Don't let the truth spoil a good knee-slapper, though :p

thaskalos
12-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Yeah...the stock market investors have really taken it on the chin during the Obama administration. Time to take out all the stock market profits, and stock up on baked beans. :rolleyes:

tucker6
12-06-2015, 07:14 AM
you know things are not going well for your side when the thin skins take over on a joke.

Hoofless_Wonder
12-15-2015, 11:54 PM
I'm not sure what impact on the markets the Fed's announcement at 2:00 PM EST tomorrow will have on the markets (personally I'm looking for a double fake out), but if the .25% hike comes through, many are speculating it's the beginning of the end.

Who knows what other tricks are up the Fed's sleeve, but some day the chickens must come home to roost. I just don't know if it's in 2015 or in 3015, or somewhere in between.

If the balloon gets popped, there's really no place to hide. Some assets will offer smaller losses than others, but pretty much everything goes down.....

ebcorde
12-16-2015, 12:48 AM
have soared under Obama.