PDA

View Full Version : Video streams - erratic lately

jeebus1083
11-13-2015, 07:50 PM
Hi,

I've noticed in recent days that the streaming video on the ADWs that I'm a part of have been herky jerky lately. It's not my home wifi as I get the same effect on my 4G network. It stinks since usually the feed is crystal clear. Anyone else having similar issues?

Hoofless_Wonder
11-13-2015, 08:44 PM
The Aussie signal via Twinspires has frozen on me twice already in the last 20 mins. :( I believe the major ADWs use Roberts as the streaming provider. There are some help links at their website.

http://www.streaming.robertscomnet.com/index.php

Have you contacted any of your ADWs about the issue?

comet52
11-14-2015, 11:28 AM
I don't know why but the stream from Belmont was constantly locking up, while the rest were ok.

One thing I discovered recently, if you are using Chrome browser, turn off the hardware acceleration - settings, scroll down and show advanced settings, uncheck "Use hardware acceleration when available". This improved pretty much all streaming media like youtube, etc which had freezing issues, etc.

cbp
11-14-2015, 11:34 AM
At one time I flirted with the idea that Roberts only employed the challenged. Then, I realized that their staff/operation transcends 'challenged'. Simple is VERY DIFFICULT over there.

ultracapper
11-14-2015, 11:39 AM
It's got to be Roberts. Calracing.com has had issues for a couple weeks, issues they've never had in 12 years I've used them. Speeds up, freezes, jumps forward, on and on and on.

Dr Gonzo
11-14-2015, 12:18 PM
Hi,

I've noticed in recent days that the streaming video on the ADWs that I'm a part of have been herky jerky lately. It's not my home wifi as I get the same effect on my 4G network. It stinks since usually the feed is crystal clear. Anyone else having similar issues?

HD stream from NYRA not working at all right now. You'd think this was rocket science.

cbp
11-14-2015, 12:31 PM
HD stream from NYRA not working at all right now. You'd think this was rocket science.

That stream is a huge resource HOG. I like the HD and all but couldn't NYRA just offer a 'regular' stream?

Dr Gonzo
11-14-2015, 12:39 PM
That stream is a huge resource HOG. I like the HD and all but couldn't NYRA just offer a 'regular' stream?

You're right about the resource hog but for trip handicapping, HD is awesome.

Unome
11-18-2015, 12:24 PM
Try uninstalling then reinstall which ever browser you are using, seems to be a plugin issue that is causing these problems, had similar problem then after doing this my problems went away.

gib
11-22-2015, 08:54 AM
Hi,

Yes - assumed that it was just me